90%
04 Rank
Progress

Red Faction Armageddon

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 1,098 Views edited 05-06-2010
05 Jun 2010
By evret

trailer has been released, i really enjoyed guerrilla so i'm looking forward to this, looking pretty good, hope we get some gameplay footage at e3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-red-faction/100960

Red Faction Armageddon will take place half a century after the Martian revolution of Red Faction: Guerrilla putting players in the shoes of the grandson of Alec Mason and Samanya, THQ revealed this morning.

"When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.

Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work—if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.

When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet... and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat."

from here http://kotaku.com/5556160/red-faction-armageddon-brings-the-nano-forge-alien-cocoons

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildy01

96%
02 Rank
Progress
wildy01
Accepted Solution
Man I can't wait for this game... Loved RF:Guerilla. March 2011 is too far away!!!!!
0 Kudos

Re: Red Faction Armageddon

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTR34mh

84%
05 Rank
Progress
GTR34mh
Accepted Solution

Seems like a totally different direction for this game. Gone is the whole liberation of areas from the EDF, and in with clearing tunnels of aliens? I wonder if it's become a linear game instead of open world now. Do we get to see some populated human towns underground?

Anyway, this does look pretty good alread. RFG was a great game, so hopefully they don't let themselves down here.

0 Kudos

BTG forums

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

xxTRENTxx

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
xxTRENTxx
Accepted Solution
Wow 50 years from the last game again how come they never continue the story of the protagonist from the previous game. Every red faction game has had us play as some one new. Aside from that its looking interesting hopefully you don't just fight aliens though, red factions always been about revolution and so far this looks like its just about survival.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

skywarp00

97%
04 Rank
Progress
skywarp00
Accepted Solution

the new trailer looks so good and im so happy cas they are one of the few game companies that only use in game engine for trailers...so gives u a solid idea what the graphics/gameplay will be like!!!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Harlequiine

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Harlequiine
Accepted Solution
I haven't played Guerrilla, but were their monsters in it? Because I don't remember 1 or 2 having monsters.

I might pick up Guerrilla off Steam when I get my new PC, but for now, pass. :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

skywarp00

97%
04 Rank
Progress
skywarp00
Accepted Solution

PC version is a horrible port dont do it! there are like mutant sand people who are the natives on mars and hate everyone, but no real monsters. Get ps3 version man!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

xxTRENTxx

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
xxTRENTxx
Accepted Solution

@Harlequiine wrote:
I haven't played Guerrilla, but were their monsters in it? Because I don't remember 1 or 2 having monsters.

I might pick up Guerrilla off Steam when I get my new PC, but for now, pass. :)

There weren't  any monster in guerrilla but there where some weird alien creatures and mutant people in red faction.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Harlequiine

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Harlequiine
Accepted Solution
Huh, fair enough. It's been a long time. :Lol:

We'll see about the PS3 version, I've seen it around for only $30 or so, so maybe.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

skywarp00

97%
04 Rank
Progress
skywarp00
Accepted Solution

ya man preowned Ebgames would be best bet

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

sidawg2

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
sidawg2
Accepted Solution
I are excite. Played all of 10 mins of Guerrilla. Must actually get around to playing more. I was like ooooh explosions!!! then I haven't got back to it =/
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

motoboy76

80%
02 Rank
Progress
motoboy76
Accepted Solution

Bump

Does anyone still have this floating around for some co-op fun......

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel