95%
10 Rank
Progress

DRIVECLUB Update

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 3,024 Views edited 18-10-2013
18 Oct 2013
By Envisager

SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014. DRIVECLUB will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision —  and I’m fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.

This decision also affects PlayStation Plus members’ Instant Game Collection for launch. To be clear, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released. For the PS4 launch,in addition to Resogun, I’m pleased to announce that Contrast, the highly anticipated game from Compulsion Games will also be available to PlayStation Plus members for free as part of Instant Game Collection. If you’re not aware of Contrast, it will whisk you away to a surreal vaudevillian, film-noir inspired reality full of performance, intrigue, shadow-play and drama.  Please check out the trailer below.  I’m sure you’ll agree that it is unlike anything you will have played before.

We’re also offering members access to an exclusive "Open Weekend" trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29.

We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when DRIVECLUB launches, it will realize the next gen racing vision.  And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year.  At launch alone, we have Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, to name but a few, as well as the incredible list of Indie games coming to PS4.  A broad portfolio of games will be available on PS4 before the end of the year, and with games such as Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs and now DRIVECLUB coming next year, the strength of the software line-up on PS4 is unprecedented.

DRIVECLUB is a really ambitious racing title and the game is looking stunning. The extra time we’re giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better.   We can assure you that it will be worth the wait.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
98%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Accepted Solution
I posted a comment about Contrast a while back this looks beautiful (in my opinion) love the artstyle of this game.
0 Kudos

Re: DRIVECLUB Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Thanks Vissy for the update.

A bit disappointed that the second of my two launch titles has been put back,

but this looks nice and, along with Resogun, should keep me busy enough.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Tis a shame some big names are being delayed so late in the day. That being said, I'm not sold on DRIVECLUB yet. All the footage I've seen just seems a bit bland and boring. One car racing a ghost down a hillside. :(

I loved the original Motorstorm and would love to see them go back to their roots.

0 Kudos

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

mh637099

• Beta Tester
82%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
Cool :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
98%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Accepted Solution
As Contrast is replacing #DriveClub, we should get some nice info on the threads visually looks great
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AhmedWaheed

23%
02 Rank
Progress
AhmedWaheed