16 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Mini Guides & Tips for AC3

[ Edited ]
27 Replies 9,646 Views edited 19-11-2012
18 Nov 2012
By WinnieP

Just a few hopefully helpful tips feel free to add your own or ask further questions

Hunting Lodge

For the hunting challenges you will be prompted to go to the Hunting Cabin/lodge in the frontier, if it didn't appear on the map for you, like it didn't for me. Its here (on Connors location)

Spoiler
Hunting_lodge.jpg

Boston Brawlers

After completing all of the Boston Brawler fights, it will prompt you to go to the Brewery in Boston for the final tournament. It is somewhere around here with a guy standing outside with the animus sparkle around him (Connors location)

Spoiler
Boston_Brawlers.jpg

Recipes

If like me you missed out on the explanation of crafting recipes and got "locked out" like me. I've made a “quick guide” Hope this helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

First off, for most items you will require the relevant Artisans & Resourses (ingredients) before you can begin.

The Artisans (people) wont be available until you finish their relevant Homestead missions, or at least have them leveled up enough.

The Resourses. Some of these will either need to be brought from the “stock pile” menu section or crafted as a recipe them selves, some you just pick up from chests and looting etc (I've found a pen and paper helpful to write down which items need to be crafted them selves and what ingredients these require)

So

Crafting Ale:

Go across to "crafting" click on the big recipe bubble. Scroll down to "alcohol", select "Ale".

It will show that you require:.

(pic for reference in spoiler bubble)

Spoiler
Crafting_recepies.jpg

Artisan: Oliver (the homestead pub landlord)

Barley: available from the Stockpile menu under "Farm Products"

Barrel: This you we need to craft as a recipe in it's self.

So –"Craft"- "Recipe"- scroll to “Materials” find "barrel", select. You will require Artisan Lance (woodworker) and the resource Oak lumber.

Now you have all your ingredients Go craft some Ale and get merry forgetting what a tiz this crafting malarky can be.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution
No I think he means when you click it, in this thread, there is no info :( It hasn't worked. Perhaps Hawky can fix it for you. :D

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Mini Guides & Tips for AC3

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

I am sure this will come in handy for alot of people. I don't think I have got to crafting yet? Only just met Connor actually lol :D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Very handy info!

0 Kudos

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

Blind crafting -  its possible to craft items without the recipe , but can be an expensive trial & error .

Collect all almanac pages & all chests  to gain the correct recipes .

You can't create  any totally new item - only items that eventually have a recipe  you gain in gameplay.

Hunting Society -  FELINE FEET .... Catch/kill the legendary bobcat . 

OK , This is a fast cat right ? .... Don't waste your time chasing it .  

Before analysing the final clue at the canyon entrance ..... Plant 3  tripmines at the entance - then analyse the clue. 

BOOM the cat runs nowhere , you earn the feline feet memento trophy at the homestead . 

(The pelt is damaged but who cares it doesn't prevent the achievement being awarded 100% - A bear pelt is worth more £££  anyway.)  

[ Edited ]

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution
Lol at Micksith's kitty cooking =-D
I just put an arrow in the little fellas back :-(

Thanks for your input mick! I wasn't sure if you want to copy your assassins guild one over to here too?

Any one need help with something, dont be frightened to ask here (that's what this threads here for), and one of us will try and help :-)

**Please use spoiler bubbles for anything story related!!!**
This goes for help been requested and been offered..

Thanks ;-)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

ASSASSIN RECRUITS  =  RANKING  UP

Hold L2 ,  Then press Square to access Assassin contracts screen . (once recruits are available)

Spoiler

Select a region on the Contract map displaying  1 STAR . (Easiest missions)

Assign BOTH your recruits together on that mission - it states the chance of Success they have of completing it . 85% or higher should be fine for success on 1 Star missions.

Keep selecting & sending these two guys together on 1 STAR missions with a good success chance.

They'll soon level up , eventually  1 recruit will be able to 100% missions alone. So send them on separate missions.  then choose 2 star missions / regions - etc.

They become Full Assassins @ Lvl 11 XP (1100pts) .

Eventually - in story mode , you gain 1 new  Assassin recruit for Liberating  each section of Boston -

North, Central & South.

& 1 for each section of New york  (memory 9 onwards)  NY  Eastside , NY Westside & NY North.

Each assassin has at least 1 special ability you can call upon during your story missions OR just basic Assassinate back up by tapping L2  ( this also gains quick easy XP for your recruits )

Hope that explains the recruits for ya.  Now go kill some redcoats. :Ninja:

PROFITABLE HUNTING  GROUND  ££££ . Bears & Beavers !

Ideally  you want to liberate 3 forts in the Frontier = less tax on trading ,better prices paid.

Spoiler
BEARS -  Look for a rounded island , just north of the Lighthouse .

0 Kudos

Re: Mini Guides & Tips for AC3 - possible spoilers

[ Edited ]

"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

Hunting BEARS &  BEAVERS  ( behave)

Spoiler

BEARS = Look for  an island  just north of the Boston lighthouse - NE of the map. 

This is inhabited almost exclusively by Bears = £240 per undamaged pelt .....  Hidden blades is your weapon of choice for this or Fists.

Stalk in trees - hiding spots  or Behind a tree (my favourite) ... Kill the bears with clean 1 hit kills or the minigame fights.

Bears are more frequent in daytime/summer - but still available at night or winter .

An hour or two hunting only bears while playing as Young/Kid Connor  before going to the homestead for the 1st time - can gain many £1000's worth of pelts  with little risk of death once you get the hang of it.  This has you very well prepared for Memory 5 & 6 missions.

BEAVERS = Near the riverbank SW  in the homestead map .

£160 per undamaged pelt - these usually spawn in groups of 4-5 ,  once killed & skinned run out of the area a little way & return for the next 4-5  beavers . 

(they're very slow & there are No predators nearby to worry about) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Who new a Beaver could make you so much money! :catsurprised:

Top tip micksith :catvery-happy:

I haven't sold anything barr a wolf pelt, and spent all my pennies on a bunch of swords last night, so this is going to come in handy. They're so easy to pick with out chance of risking damage too.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

Save your cash -

The Best  NORMAL weapon  available overall  (until memory 10 onwards)  is the 'French Cutlass' & cheap by comparison.

Spoiler
Only really outclassed in every way by  Lincoln's replica & Washingtons replica = Both Crafted weapons.

Best Blunt weapons - 

Spoiler
Gunstock club (blue metal)  - then Gunstock iron club (traditional indian weapon)

Best SMALL  weapons overall -  Assassin tomahawk

Spoiler
Surpassed slightly by only WAR TOMAHAWK

Heavy weapons - expensive & not essential unless you just wanna inflict pain , Disarm a big guy in a Kilt  & use his ..

& Your best technique for  trickier combat opponents

Spoiler
(Jagers, Grenadiers, mercenaries, captains)  - Counter + Bow - instant kill  The arrows are retreivable too
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

Ok , here goes  ... HOW TO FIND YOUR  12 PIVOTS ...(At end of game )

Honestly , easier than it sounds.

Spoiler

Unlocking & finding all 12 pivot points unlocks a 12 digit code unique to your game profile & also unlocks Cheats for use in free roam .

Trophies are NOT  achievable  while you have pivots on the map or while you're using unlocked cheats.

You begin with 2 digits / Pivot points unlocked & given to you in Boston.

The idea is to place a third on the map to narrow down the GREEN search area on the map to find the 3rd  digit of the 12 number code.

To place a pivot on the map - Move connor to a location , then bring up the map & highlight connor icon & select 'PLACE PIVOT' .

This should form a triangle usually & shrink the green search area.

Keep moving the pivots points to narrow down the green area as much as possible - Then go search that area ....... You're looking for  a SPARKLY  BLUE HORSE polygon icon somewhere in the world.

Pick it up / walk over it   to unlock your 3rd digit in the sequence.

(Then on your boston map - highlight each pivot & remove them.)

Then eventually (every 10 -15 mins )  you'll be told onscreen  'another pivot has been scanned' in either BOSTON , NEW YORK , or  FRONTIER. Go there  &  place your 3 pivots in 3 locations  to create the green search area again.   (FAST TRAVEL POINTS are a good place to start at first)

Repeat previous steps , narrowing the search area until you find your 4th  pivot .

The more pivots you unlock - The more pivots you can use  to narrow your GREEN search area.

It gets easier the more you have.

Once again  when you find a new pivot - remove all of yours from the map .

The pivots you have to find  are actually pivots placed on the map by Other online players - (other people are searching for the points  you place on the map too)  So No 2 people will ever find them in the same spot.

If someone finds one of YOURS on the map while your searching  - you have to find that pivot again (called Counter hacking)

Once ALL 12 pivots / digits are unlocked - You'll then be synced with the 'Animus Cloud'  with your own unique 12 digit number linked to your PSN account.

When you have ALL 12 & are synced with animus cloud - The 'Head in the Clouds' trophy should pop up.

Now remove ALL Your pivots  off the map .

With all pivots removed off the map - you can continue to replay memories & Still earn any trophies You may have missed.

Your unlocked CHEATS are in the Options menu of the Animus database.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Wish I could give you x2 kudos for that one ^^^ mick!

Maybe i should request a second title change, to "Micksith's Guide & Tips to AC3"..? :cattongue:

Only playing with you buddy! I for one really appreciate all the work you are putting in to make this thread work. Well done mate! :Thumbs:

Although Arhhh your spoiler bubble has worked in the other thread but not here.... Oh no!!!! :smileysurprised:

Fix it pal quick!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

Too late to fix it now - & doesn't really SPOIL any story elements .  Sorry.

On a plus side  though - the  DLC + Trophies in trophy listings are not needed for Platinum achievement .

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ahmediesel

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Ahmediesel
Accepted Solution
Very useful info .. Thank you

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution
No I think he means when you click it, in this thread, there is no info :( It hasn't worked. Perhaps Hawky can fix it for you. :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution
MissSouthampton Wrote:
" No I think he means when you click it, in this thread, there is no info :( It hasn't worked. Perhaps Hawky can fix it for you. :D"

Yep, it's empty pal.. :-(
I really should actually explain myself from time to time ;-]
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

micksith

84%
02 Rank
Progress
micksith
Accepted Solution

OK -  PIVOT GUIDE  - HOW TO FIND YOUR 12  PIVOTS  ..............(THIS WORKS) 

Spoiler

Unlocking & finding all 12 pivot points unlocks a 12 digit code unique to your game profile & also unlocks Cheats for use in free roam .

Trophies are NOT  achievable  while you have pivots on the map or while you're using unlocked cheats.

You begin with 2 digits / Pivot points unlocked & given to you in Boston.

The idea is to place a third on the map to narrow down the GREEN search area on the map to find the 3rd  digit of the 12 number code.

To place a pivot on the map - Move connor to a location , then bring up the map & highlight connor icon & select 'PLACE PIVOT' .

This should form a triangle usually & shrink the green search area.

Keep moving the pivots points to narrow down the green area as much as possible - Then go search that area ....... You're looking for  a SPARKLY  BLUE HORSE polygon icon somewhere in the world.

Pick it up / walk over it   to unlock your 3rd digit in the sequence.

(Then on your boston map - highlight each pivot & remove them.)

Then eventually (every 10 -15 mins )  you'll be told onscreen  'another pivot has been scanned' in either BOSTON , NEW YORK , or  FRONTIER. Go there  &  place your 3 pivots in 3 locations  to create the green search area again.   (FAST TRAVEL POINTS are a good place to start at first)

Repeat previous steps , narrowing the search area until you find your 4th  pivot .

The more pivots you unlock - The more pivots you can use  to narrow your GREEN search area.

It gets easier the more you have.

Once again  when you find a new pivot - remove all of yours from the map .

The pivots you have to find  are actually pivots placed on the map by Other online players - (other people are searching for the points  you place on the map too)  So No 2 people will ever find them in the same spot.

If someone finds one of YOURS on the map while your searching  - you have to find that pivot again (called Counter hacking)

Once ALL 12 pivots / digits are unlocked - You'll then be synced with the 'Animus Cloud'  with your own unique 12 digit number linked to your PSN account.

When you have ALL 12 & are synced with animus cloud - The 'Head in the Clouds' trophy should pop up.

Now remove ALL Your pivots  off the map .

With all pivots removed off the map - you can continue to replay memories & Still earn any trophies You may have missed.

Your unlocked CHEATS are in the Options menu of the Animus database.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

@micksith wrote:

What sequence did you have to do that in? I never heard of it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
98%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

@GoodBytes wrote:

@micksith wrote:

Think you gotta complete the game. I am sure Mick can confirm :P

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

@MissSouthampton wrote:

@GoodBytes wrote:

@micksith wrote:

Think you gotta complete the game. I am sure Mick can confirm :P

I've completed it. Just going round doing the side missions now (the ones in the log book that I didn't know where there). I had a look but no mention of Pivots in there.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

@GoodBytes wrote:

I've completed it. Just going round doing the side missions now (the ones in the log book that I didn't know where there). I had a look but no mention of Pivots in there.

After the credits roll...

Spoiler
You should have two missions to complete (one is north east Boston harbour, referencing the slave trade. And I'm sorry i cant remember where the other one was right now...?:smileysad:) After completing these you will have the "Fin" trophy ping.
 Then it will give you the Pivots task..

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

@WinnieP wrote:

@GoodBytes wrote:

After the credits roll...

Oh there's missions after that. I thought it was just an open world to complete anything that was missed and tie up loose ends.

Good to know, thanks :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel