Problem Solved

View Original Post
07 Oct 2008
By paul_so40_sub

paul_so40_sub

92%
02 Rank
Progress

Do you think that little big planet is over rated?

234 Replies 4,603 Views Created 07-10-2008
07 Oct 2008
By paul_so40_sub

ive been looking forward for little big planet to come out, they made it look so good at confrences, but after just watching a rtailer of it  fort that aint as fun as i fort it would be, Do you think that little big planet is over rated?

when i was a kid i loved those sort of games, but now all it looked like is a build you own lemmings game.

What do you think

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

paul_so40_sub

92%
02 Rank
Progress
paul_so40_sub
Accepted Solution
This form is sying out lol
0 Kudos

Re: Do you think that little big planet is over rated?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Volvi

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Volvi
Accepted Solution
Let it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrInfin1ty

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
MrInfin1ty
Accepted Solution
Bumped AGAIN?!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dognapalm

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Dognapalm
Accepted Solution

@MrInfin1ty wrote:
Bumped AGAIN?!

Well good for you!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BananaPhone9

88%
02 Rank
Progress
BananaPhone9
Accepted Solution
i is wel gud spaller lbp is ovvvverrratad
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

paul_so40_sub

92%
02 Rank
Progress
paul_so40_sub
Accepted Solution

@BananaPhone9 wrote:

Funny

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nalfein

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Nalfein
Accepted Solution

@BananaPhone9 wrote:

so 'cos the guy's dyslexic, that makes him an easy target? Man, you're an a*sehole.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BananaPhone9

88%
02 Rank
Progress
BananaPhone9
Accepted Solution
i did not know that i just thought thats how most teenagers spell these days
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nalfein

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Nalfein
Accepted Solution

@BananaPhone9 wrote:
i did not know that i just thought thats how most teenagers spell these days

oh, my bad, i retract the "a*sehole" statement :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Capeview

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Capeview
Accepted Solution

@paul_so40_sub wrote:

@TSplitter wrote:

Nah, it's more a tool they have given us, freedom for the user to play with, instead of a more passive experience like most games.

i discagree, they make the tool be the main feature , when realy it shouldent be, no one wants to make a new map, they just want to play a good game, if the map creator ws for call of duty online games or something, then the fans would love it, but not just for LBP where  your just choosing the scentery where u walk from left to right BORED STIFF

This just makes it sound like you're bored of it because its not an FPS.

Far too many people out there only think FPS is the only game that is meant to have a Map Editor. Hell, LBP's tools are far better than anything else out there at the moment. WHat other tools give you the ability to create anything you want in the game, if you are creative enough, with what appears to be, no limits whatsoever other than your creative know how.

If you want to play FPS games, go play them, but LBP is going to be huge.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mahavishnu

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Mahavishnu
Accepted Solution

@MyRolfCopterGoes wrote:
Played the beta, the gameplay is generally boring as is the mapmacking. Also i don't have enough time to make something that would be decent.

You just couldn't help yourself could you..lol.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

paul_so40_sub

92%
02 Rank
Progress
paul_so40_sub
Accepted Solution

@Mahavishnu wrote:

@MyRolfCopterGoes wrote:
Played the beta, the gameplay is generally boring as is the mapmacking. Also i don't have enough time to make something that would be decent.

You just couldn't help yourself could you..lol.

he still has a good point though lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

manphibian

87%
04 Rank
Progress
manphibian
Accepted Solution

@MyRolfCopterGoes wrote:

1000 posts sinceAugust 10th?  Yeah, you seem to have a really busy life!  

0 Kudos

i've had a PS3 longer than you....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Focalpoint

77%
04 Rank
Progress
Focalpoint
Accepted Solution
I cant tell how the single player part of the game will be, because there isnt enough of it.
I'm hoping there truly will be 10hours of single player platform game though because thats ultimately what im interested in the most.

There is a massive amount of depth in the creation tools, from what ive actually seen and played with, and what ive seen others do.
that in and of itself justifies the hype the game is getting.

like i said though, i hope there is a 'game' here, rather than just some glorified chat room for people to mess around in and act like dicks.
Message Edited by Focalpoint on 08-10-2008 10:32 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yeah....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Danny_87

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Danny_87
Accepted Solution

I certainly fell for the hype. I bought the OPM mag just for the sackboy. Traded all my games but GTA so I could put the money towards LBP and Saints Row 2. Played the Pro Ev 09 demo and went back to the shop and changed from saints Row 2 to PES. Now after a good few days with the beta I can safely say I wiull be going back in to change LBP to SR2. Don't get me wrong - it's not a bad game by any means. I managed to get 3 of my friends into the Beta too but any time we were playing together it was just really laggy and boring.

I'd definitely say this game is not for the person who'd believe they're a perfectionist while not having copious amounts of time on their hands.  Generally the level creation tool is very well made butI could never keep my attention on it long enough to create something that I'd consider a fun level - thus scrapping all of it.

Admittedly, I believe the gameplay between friends will improve upon release of the full game - I just dont think I can spend £40 on it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

missionfailed

60%
02 Rank
Progress
missionfailed
Accepted Solution

No it's not overrated. Having tracked LBP since Feb and eagerly awaited any information on it I've had the great opportunity to play the beta I have come to the opinion: I admit it won't be the last game I purchase for sure but given the current financial market though it will have longevity.

Things that I'm looking forward to in release 1 - More tools, fixes to emitters, fixes to searching, proper released levels. more Non platform type levels (aka the tie jump) the user generated music level.

Things that I'm hoping for in future releases: greater camera angles (aka taken from the backmost depth level if possible) , more depth to which to place items.

What I DO fear seeing:
Repeated sonic hedgehog type levels under a different name.
0 Kudos

--
10 things about binary you should know. Some get it and some don't.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IDDesigns

80%
02 Rank
Progress
IDDesigns
Accepted Solution

I've been looking forward to LBP since it was first announced - especially so since my wife saw it and said she wanted it (for a non-gamer that it great news for me).

I have to admit I was a little concerned about the marketing push. Some games are massively pushed so that they sell out on the first day - then you realise that they are rubbish and selling them on the first day was the only way to move them :-)

Thankfully LBP is worth every penny of the budget - now that my wife and I have played the beta (extensively) we are hooked!

I really believe that whilst it might not be the "perfect" game it is pretty close. MediaMolecule have done a grand job of producing something that will appeal to a wide range of people.

Roll on the release! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Brickworque

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Brickworque
Accepted Solution

@IDDesigns wrote:

I've been looking forward to LBP since it was first announced - especially so since my wife saw it and said she wanted it (for a non-gamer that it great news for me).

I have to admit I was a little concerned about the marketing push. Some games are massively pushed so that they sell out on the first day - then you realise that they are rubbish and selling them on the first day was the only way to move them :-)

Thankfully LBP is worth every penny of the budget - now that my wife and I have played the beta (extensively) we are hooked!

I really believe that whilst it might not be the "perfect" game it is pretty close. MediaMolecule have done a grand job of producing something that will appeal to a wide range of people.

Roll on the release! 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to appease the 'other half' when it comes to games .

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

Do you think that little big planet is over rated?

Over rated by who?  Everyone here who generated hype & speculation?

It can only be over rated if YOUR expectations were too high to start with.

LBP is unique, there is nothing currently available that allows the level of control and customisablitity to all players.  It's appealable to all age groups and mentalities.  You either play or you create, the possibilties are endless.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KevinFlame

71%
02 Rank
Progress
KevinFlame
Accepted Solution

Definitely not. I managed to get a beta key from IGN over the weekend, and I am now well and truly addicted.

Little Big Planet is a welcome return to the old-school, side scrolling 2D/3D platform games of old. Akin to say the likes of Super Mario Bros., Alex Kidd, or Sonic the Hedgehog. My guess is some folk may be too young to remember those games being first released on the NES or Master System, though you are probably all aware of them now as they become some of the biggest selling games of all time. They weren't about complex graphics, or a clever plot; they simply relied on quality gameplay.

It would be easy to dismiss the game as just being about user-created content, but remember, the full game will ship with 60+ "story" levels. Look back at say the likes of Super Mario Brothers 1, and there were only eight worlds, each with four sub-levels. So you were talking a total of thirty-two levels (albeit you could skip some with warping). Alright, we're twenty-five years on now, but that's still twice as many levels to play; and how many games ship with that many levels/maps?

The addition of the tools to create your own levels is - in my opinion though, and everyone is welcome to have their own - a pretty sweet thing to have. You only have to look at the levels of interest in creating maps for other games such as CoD, Crysis, Quake, Unreal, Counter-Strike etc etc to see that there is an interest in this sort of thing. People (some) like to create their own content and share it with others. This is true across a lot of mediums, just look at the success of YouTube, and Flash games like Hapland too.

I will agree that it may not be to everyone's taste, but to dismiss it purely because it's not an FPS is just plain silly. And I'd say it's not a game just for kids either. I'm getting on, as are the rest of my friends over at LMZF (Lost My Zimmer Frame - we're a 200 strong community of 30+ year old CoD4 players), and I think it's one of the most refreshing, innovative and creative games to have been produced in the last five years. I for one am going to be getting my copy of it on launch day.

Each to their own though... :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

foleyjo

80%
02 Rank
Progress
foleyjo
Accepted Solution

@paul_so40_sub wrote:

yea, i meen the graphics look gd, but then thats what u would exspect from a ps3 game from scee when they highlight about how gd ps3 graphics eraly are, i dont think its worth £40 they want for it, should just be put in the ps1 section of ps store at £4.99 for those with kids
Theres more to the game than the graphics. The physics of the game, the ability to create your own levels and objects to share and the whole community experience. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel