Progress
Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise FAQ

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 5,240 Views edited 15-02-2009
15 Feb 2009
By strangeplaice

Burnout Paradise Frequently Asked Questions

This is a compilation of some of the questions and answers regarding the game as a whole:

Q: Will my original Burnout save work on the new PSN versions or any others?

A: Sorry, No save is compatible with any other game. Nor will an Ultimate Box disc save work with the Ultimate PSN version even though they are essentially the same game.

Q: Can I play online with my friend even though they have a different version of the game?

A: Yes you can, as long as you both have the latest update for the game, a valid PSN account and an EA account then you can play together until the cows come home!

Q: I have a sponsor code but I can't find anywhere to enter it!

A: The section for entering these codes has been removed as the sponsorship has long since expired. However it is still possible to obtain the cars. You must delete the Game data NOT save data, restart the game and decline update requests, enter the city, pause and go to the 'under the hood' section where you may enter the codes. Reapply the updates by exiting and restarting the game (takes an age!) and voila! you now have your sponsored cars.

Q: I'm entering my code but it says it's invalid, why?

A: There are only two codes for sponsorship in the UK and these are different to the US ones. You can only get the GameStop Touge and the Steel Wheels GT here. The code is different between regions so you may have the wrong one.

Q: I've found a bug in the game, can I report it?

A: Yes you can! Go to criteriongames.com/bugzilla and submit your report. Please be detailed and fill in forms correctly. Try not to post duplicate bugs (ones that have already been mentioned) and pay attention! You could learn a thing or two;)

Q: How do I to buy the Party Pack and how much is it?

A: The Party Pack costs £7.99 and can be purchased through the in
game store or through the normal Playstation Store. Both are the same. It is a 100kB file which may seem small but it is an activation key as the content was downloaded when you updated the game.

Q:Why did I not get my trophies I had already completed prior to the update (v1.5)?

A: Originally it was planned to make trophies retroactive which would have meant you woud recieve them immediately after updating. However sony disallowed this and therefor in order to obtain them you have to restart the game to get them. You can do this by backing up your save to a memory stick and deleting it from the PS3. Simply do the trophies again and transfer your save back.

Q: I had partially completed the road rule/freeburn challenge trophies prior to the pack being applied. Upon completion I got nothing. Why is this?

A:  As the trophies aren't retroactive they can't tell whether or not you have met their conditions and don't give you the benefit of the doubt. The best way to get them is to follow the steps in the previous section to start a new game, complete the trophy and reload your old save.

Q:  In the game DJ Atomica talks about a CrashFM podcast how can I get this?

A: CrashFM was discontinued and CrashTV replaced it. You can find it on iTunes in the podcast section, on youtube (poorer quality) or on feedburner. They are usually around 10 mins long and 100MB or so to download.

Thats all for now, If there are anymore questions I'll ask a mod to update this when I answer them.

strangeplaice

Message Edited by strangeplaice on 15-02-2009 06:46 PM
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Just an update to say that the Bugzilla has moved to: http://bugzilla.criteriongames.com/burnout/

Development has long since ceased though so apart from using it as a reference there's not really any need.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Burnout Paradise FAQ

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Here Is a list of all Burnout websites where you can join a clan or get more information and support if we can't help you here. Thy are friendly and won't bite, much;)

-Official-

Criterion Games, Creators of Burnout: CriterionGames.com

Burnout Paradise Bugzilla Page: CriterionGames.com/Bugzilla

EA's Burnout website: burnout.ea.com

-Unofficial-

BurnoutAholics: burnoutaholics.com

RoadCru: roadcru.com

OperationBurnout: OperationBurnout.com

Message Edited by strangeplaice on 15-02-2009 07:13 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chr_nic

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Chr_nic
Accepted Solution

i was playing the game, next minute it restarted and im  getting all the intro stuff for burnout, my save files been currupted?!!??!?!

wat do i do?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Sorry to say that unless you have a backup your save is gone and you'll have to start again.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution

@strangeplaice wrote:
Sorry to say that unless you have a backup your save is gone and you'll have to start again.

nice guide strangeplaice and congrats on the sticky bud :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Just an update to say that the Bugzilla has moved to: http://bugzilla.criteriongames.com/burnout/

Development has long since ceased though so apart from using it as a reference there's not really any need.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Janez_zob

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Janez_zob