mdagg6

24%
02 Rank
Progress

Unnecessary censorship.

3 Replies 1,034 Views Created 01-11-2011
01 Nov 2011
By mdagg6

I've just started making quizzes on MyBuzz and for the most part it's been fun. But when a friend played a quiz of my he laughed at the fact one of my answers had been partially censored with asterisks.

I was confused as I had not used any swear words so I went into edit to see the problem and they had censored '*****' in the answer '***** Van *****.' I immediatly thought of the FCC Family Guy episode.

Censorship is one thing but this is too much. Has anyone had any troubles with this? And will the Buzz team be looking into this rediculous problem? 

I was going to just make it a 'mature' quiz but that doesn't even remove the asterisks so what is the point of this setting in the first place?

Until this childish problem is solved you will have to refrain from making questions pertaining to ***** Van *****, ***** Miller, ***** Cheney, ***** Armey, ***** Cavett, ***** Butkus, ***** Kiel, ***** Wittington, ***** Turpin, Richard 'Tricky *****' Nixon, ***** Smith Electronics, Philip K. *****, ***** (1999), Good ***** (2008) and of course ***** Tracy (1990).

I am curious if you can use the name '*****' now as well. Not as funny to Americans but to the rest of the world who speaks English it is the female equvalent of '*****.'

If you are doing a medical quiz do '*****' and '*****' get the star treatment too? Or do we have to keep coming up with  euphamisms to please the 'bubble wrap' generation of parents who want their ten year old to refer to his manhood as 'pee-pee'?

Grow up and sort it out MyBuzz. Thank you.

- Phallus Van *****.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mdagg6

24%
02 Rank
Progress
mdagg6
Accepted Solution
Oh fantastic! Looks like the censor stars are at work on the forums as well! Asterisks abundant.

I think the madness of the censorship is self explanatory by looking at the state of the original post. It is nice to now know that F-A-N-N-Y, P-E-N-I-S, V-A-G-I-N-A are all also as bad as D-I-C-K but phallus is acceptable.

What is even funnier (or rather sadder) is unlike the quiz they ALSO bleeped out D-Y-K-E in D-I-C-K Van D-Y-K-E here in the forum. JUST like Family Guy FCC episode mocking censorship in way that was RIDICULOUS, IRRATIONAL, and COMPLETELY UNLIKELY - until now.

I would REALLY like a moderator to comment on this absurdity.
0 Kudos

Re: Unnecessary censorship.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mdagg6

24%
02 Rank
Progress
mdagg6
Accepted Solution

Sorry, wanted to see if 'balls' got the star treatment too.

0 Kudos

Re: Unnecessary censorship.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

RandAPle4

• Award Winner
95%
04 Rank