FeelgHood

21%
02 Rank
Progress

Black Ops not working after patch 1.06

65 Replies 6,517 Views Created 26-01-2011
26 Jan 2011
By FeelgHood

SO yeah as the title says, I've been having some trouble recently ever since I patched to 1.06 from 1.05 for COD: Black Ops.

Whenever the game loads before all the treyarch intro things, there are these sounds that play.. about three times. THese sounds are pretty similar to those that are played whenever you are try to start play on the multiplayer side (I think it's from whenever you see the box that says "downloading content" before you connect to the servers).

Furthermore, i can't skip to the main menu of the game until half way through the cinematics involving the woman saying those numbers. My ps3 won't reaad the hard drive up until this point and i can't skip the treyarch intro thing.

But here's where the trouble begins, whenever i try to play online, it just won't connect to the black ops servers. Usually it scans/reads the HDD before you can actually connect but i observed on my ps3 that it actually doesn't do this. I've tried deleting every bit of Black Ops in my ps3 account and i've even re-updated black ops. I've restarted my router and switched my ps3 on and off...

So if someone could provide an answer, that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jbergs22

25%
02 Rank
Progress
jbergs22
Accepted Solution

I'm having the exact same problem and it's really ***** me off. I get the three tones before anything, when I click Multiplayer it just goes to black and sometimes will get to the multiplayer menu. If I even get this far, about a minute into any game that I join, my entire PS3 freezes. This is an absolute joke. If anyone has any answers please post them on here or email me at bergmann.jake@gmail.com. Don't be an ***** and send me ***** I don't want to read, please. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops not working after patch 1.06

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whiskey13

28%
02 Rank
Progress
whiskey13
Accepted Solution

The same thing is happening to me. 

Sometimes there is no sound at all.  And sometimes I can chose a game type, but then it freezes while loading in.  I have had to hard reset my PS3 every time.  This is bull#@$@!!!!  

The game is completely unplayable in Multiplayer.   Another triumph for Treyarch.  You guys are terrible.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

givinr23198879

45%
02 Rank
Progress
givinr23198879
Accepted Solution

Same problem here, I tried deleting just the game data and re-installing it but still waiting for the main menu to show up.  It seems frozen and un-responsive, except for the PS button.  I can still access the PS menu from the 'frozen' game.

I will leave it here and get back to it later....

Jersey shore is on in 15 min....LOL

'Its a joisey thing'

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Diddymow

92%
08 Rank
Progress
Diddymow
Accepted Solution
You have to ask yourself, has Black Ops ever really worked?
0 Kudos

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lurch_27

21%
02 Rank
Progress
lurch_27
Accepted Solution

hey there ps3 fans has anyone had any problem with COD black ops startin up and tryin to get online if so txt back plz we need to know whats goin on me and 5 others r havin problems if so add me: lurch_27  

0 Kudos

hey there ps3 fans has anyone had any problem with COD black ops

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CaSH-MoNeY-OpS

21%
02 Rank
Progress
CaSH-MoNeY-OpS
Accepted Solution

you have any luck with this problem? the same things happening to me..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jbergs22

25%
02 Rank
Progress
jbergs22
Accepted Solution

Nevermind. My game still sucks. If I do a system restore, do I lose everything like saved game states and my videos?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution

@jbergs22 wrote:

Nevermind. My game still sucks. If I do a system restore, do I lose everything like saved game states and my videos?

Everything

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

92%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

@jbergs22 wrote:

Yes everything will get wiped. If your're goin to take this option back everything up using an external hard drive first.

Link to PlayStation®3 Technical Solutions.

The problem may sort its self out first so don't panic and wipe all your saved data :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jbergs22

25%
02 Rank
Progress
jbergs22
Accepted Solution

Alright, guys I got mine to work. I haven't tried it since it worked the one time, so I'm not positive that it's a permanent thing, but give this a shot. Every time I would play, the game would freeze at 8:47...every...time. Ridiculous, I know. So the game froze like clockwork and I got on the phone with Activision to do their automated response thing which is about as useful as Yahoo Answers. While the game froze, I held down the PS button to try to exit; nothing. After my phone call I just let it sit for a while and eventually the PS Button menu came up as if when I held it before it worked. So essentially, if your game freezes just leave it for a while and it will get itself out of it. It worked for me, hope it does for you. Maybe I'm just lucky. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FeelgHood

21%
02 Rank
Progress
FeelgHood
Accepted Solution
Yeah i got mine to work as well.. Just went through a full system restore.

Just a few words though, it still makes those beeping sounds upon start up but i am FINALLY able to play online. Just make sure you back up your media files and so on before you do the full system restore.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mgsPSN

72%
05 Rank
Progress
mgsPSN
Accepted Solution
If you are in the multiplayer menu, go to options.... Then you have to enable the last option of this list.
The next time you start the game up, it skips all the intro and will go straight to the multiplayer menu.
Maybe this will sort some things out.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

givinr23198879

45%
02 Rank
Progress
givinr23198879
Accepted Solution

ok, so I think I have fixed my freezing problem on load-up.  I deleted the GAME DATA and started the game, when it told me to download the new 1.06 patch hit circle to load the game to the main menu.  It will probably sign you out of PSN.  Go to multiplayer menu and then when it says you have to download the new patch, do it then.  Mine started back up without a hiccup.  I only had time to play one match last night after 'fixing' the issue, I hope it still works.

Hope this helps...

The Rooster

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

givinr23198879

45%
02 Rank
Progress
givinr23198879
Accepted Solution

Ok everyone, I have confirmed on my PS3 that my method has worked.....Black ops loads to the main menu without freezing.

Under the game menu in the XMB delete the GAME DATA file for Black ops.

Start the game.....it will tell you that you have to download the latest patch, 1.06.....DONT.....press circle to load the game to the main menu.  You will be signed out of PSN....for now...

Go to multiplayer menu and select 'playstation network'.....It will prompt you to download the patch again, this time do it.....It should download/install the patch and restart the game....

This has worked for me, and i didn't do a system restore........

Cheers,

The Rooster

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

givinr23198879

45%
02 Rank
Progress
givinr23198879
Accepted Solution
Im online now, come get me.....LOL
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

johnny12983

38%
02 Rank
Progress
johnny12983
Accepted Solution

The only way I can get it to work is delete the game data every time I turn the ps3 off. If I don't it just locks up. I did a full restore and every other option. But it still locks up if I don't delete. And reinstall every time I start up the ps3. What I found online is that this is mainly happening to the older systems. What do you really expect the update date was designed for x box and converted to ps3. I wouldn't mine if they just crossed it over,but if you're going to take a short cut and not design an update from scratch at least make sure the thing works.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

johnny12983

38%
02 Rank
Progress
johnny12983
Accepted Solution
go to games and go to the top folder and delete black ops update then start game as normal finaly when youre done playing delete update again and turn ps3 off you have to update back to 1.06 every time you want to play. this is going to be a pain but it works.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whiskey13

28%
02 Rank
Progress
whiskey13
Accepted Solution

I have deleted the game data.  It still does not work.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution

@whiskey13 wrote:

I have deleted the game data.  It still does not work.

And do other things suh as other game patches and dlc DL fine?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

johnny12983

38%
02 Rank
Progress
johnny12983
Accepted Solution
The only thing left you can do is delete all black ops data and do a full system restore. This takes about 4 hrs and 45 min. If you do this make sure you delete game data every time before you turn ps3 off. This will help it from measing up again. I suggest you look around online because there are ready some people signing up for a class action lawsuit against the developers.claiming false advertising as to the games reliability and stating this is more of a free testing for the developer than an acuall game. I don't know how much you keep up with black ops news but after a report came out about the stability of the last update they released this one 5 hrs. Later. Funny how that works they get bad press rush new update and its even worse. I'm sure the group filing the suit would love to have story like yours. Because the more news that gets out about this the faster it gets fixed.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel