10 Rank
Progress

[Ghosts] Dedicated Servers PS3/PS4

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 767 Views edited 07-10-2013
07 Oct 2013
By moriarty1975

Source - IW's Mark Rubin on the Twitter

"GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers.

So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

Someone asked him on Twitter if that includes PS3/PS4 to which he replied :

"I can't call out other platforms by name but one might assume that from what I wrote" *

*Due to the M$ - Activision contract.

So thats good news, right?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smokin_Whippet

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Smokin_Whippet
Accepted Solution

Good news I hope and about time too!

0 Kudos

Re: [Ghosts] Dedicated Servers PS3/PS4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
We will see if it's good news or not when the game hits.
If we get any control over this as a player or not. The matchmaking could decide just to use P2P and you wouldn't even know?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jep_uk

60%
02 Rank
Progress
jep_uk
Accepted Solution
It'll probably only be 4 dedis and the rest will be listen servers. That way they can claim dedis are used.

Still sceptical that ps3/4 will get dedis, as IW haven't specifically said we'll get them, I wouldn't put it past them to say on release its for this gen and next gen MS consoles only.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

@jep_uk wrote:
It'll probably only be 4 dedis and the rest will be listen servers. That way they can claim dedis are used.

Still sceptical that ps3/4 will get dedis, as IW haven't specifically said we'll get them, I wouldn't put it past them to say on release its for this gen and next gen MS consoles only.

They have have said we'll get them, but yeah, will have to wait till release to see how it'll work out - Twitter / candyslexia: @JMW_BOYZ yes

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution
“And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance.

"listen servers" is just fancy speak for peer-2-peer... so they are being vague as usually...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel