Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

  • 6

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
15 Jun 2010
By snoopystorm

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress

Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

25 Replies 742 Views Created 15-06-2010
15 Jun 2010
By snoopystorm

These people actually grate me.

 

What's the fun in lagging a game until you are the only one in there??? What's the fun in "appearing in the middle of somebody's screen and killing them when 2 secs ago you wasn't there and there are no corners or cover to appear from???

 

If you cant play the game properly then don't play at all as you are ruining it for the majority of us who want to play the game properly.

 

I honestly think it is about time that these people were named and shamed and I intend to do just that. I will do it via the MW2 page on Facebook in the discussions and I will also do it here.

 

0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
16
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
Naming and shaming here is a definite NO NO.
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
snoopystorm
Accepted Solution

Well unless something is actually done to prevent this then the only way is to name and shame

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Fulcrum09

  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

I've never heard of this before. Never seen it either. Must be a new fad.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters


"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
16
/16

Kermit1970

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

@snoopystorm wrote:

Well unless something is actually done to prevent this then the only way is to name and shame


It's still a no, no PM a mod and ask about it.
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Durzo__Blint

  • Offline
68%
05 Rank
Progress
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution
Is this the same as when it gets all "laggy", you hit select to see the team listings and everyone's connection is showing just one red bar/dot apart from one other player who seems to have a full connection? Or is that just random host connection issues? Often been curious about that.........

Ta
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12
/16

Gawge

  • Offline
83%
12 Rank
Progress
Gawge
Accepted Solution
The guy with the good connection is the host.
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Fulcrum09

  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

 


@Durzo__Blint wrote:
Is this the same as when it gets all "laggy", you hit select to see the team listings and everyone's connection is showing just one red bar/dot apart from one other player who seems to have a full connection? Or is that just random host connection issues? Often been curious about that.........

Ta

 

The guy with the good connection is the host. That's just due to the host having a crap internet connection, it works fine for him but mucks up everyone else.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters


"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Durzo__Blint

  • Offline
68%
05 Rank
Progress
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution

@Fulcrum09 wrote:

 


@Durzo__Blint wrote:
Is this the same as when it gets all "laggy", you hit select to see the team listings and everyone's connection is showing just one red bar/dot apart from one other player who seems to have a full connection? Or is that just random host connection issues? Often been curious about that.........

Ta

 

The guy with the good connection is the host. That's just due to the host having a crap internet connection, it works fine for him but mucks up everyone else.

 


Ah, thought it might be that.....cheers

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
snoopystorm
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately its not that simple.

 

Whilst looking on Ebay for RJ45 cable to hardline my PC's (kids included) and my PS3 I came across this device, The lag switch that is the main root to all the lagging in the game at the moment.

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Durzo__Blint

  • Offline
68%
05 Rank
Progress
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution
That's a bloody joke, boils my ***** it does!
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

dylanireland

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
dylanireland
Accepted Solution

@snoopystorm wrote:

Unfortunately its not that simple.

 

Whilst looking on Ebay for RJ45 cable to hardline my PC's (kids included) and my PS3 I came across this device, The lag switch that is the main root to all the lagging in the game at the moment.

 


thanks for sharing that with us.

 

Now we will all go of to ebay and get it now!!!!!!!!!! jezus have some sense!! if you dont want people to use lag switches then why do you share it amongst us?! :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
snoopystorm
Accepted Solution
Well if you want to go off to ebay and buy it then thats up to you but it also puts you in the same class as the lag switch whores who are using this on the PS3 & the 360.

The only people who use this are the ones who cannot play the game so if you want to be put in that category then carry on
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

dylanireland

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
dylanireland
Accepted Solution
did i say i was going to buy one?! lol...promoting that on the official ps website isnt the best thing to do.
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters


Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Durzo__Blint

  • Offline
68%
05 Rank
Progress
Durzo__Blint
Accepted Solution
I've reported the product to ebay.....so what if it's not "illegal", it fecking should be! :)
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

ZOMB13-R4NG3R

  • Offline
80%
05 Rank
Progress
ZOMB13-R4NG3R
Accepted Solution

 


@dylanireland wrote:
did i say i was going to buy one?! lol...promoting that on the official ps website isnt the best thing to do.

 

at least MS ban people that cheat and hack... unlike Sony that dont give a monkeys...

 

I for one, am not paying Sony to play online, until they ban cheats on all games...

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

[ Edited ]

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

awesomechaos

  • Offline
61%
02 Rank
Progress
awesomechaos
Accepted Solution

The sad thing for Sony to determine is if the host is actually using a lag switch or not. Sometimes the host for the game will simply be really laggy, and there's nothing we can do as Infinity Ward never included dedicated servers on MW2.

 

There is another method other than the lag switch listing you posted on eBay that I have heard of. I will not go too in-depth, because a lot of people (sadly) will use the information to recreate it.

 

Simply by bridging your internet connection from your PC to your PS3, you can simulate traffic through the internet connection so that you are guarunteed the host. When these people (or as I like to call them, no-lifes) become host, they then use as what I understand to be something of the name of a UTC flooder. This makes everyone's connection in the lobby lag, except theirs.

 

There must be so many ways to do it now, as there are no dedicated servers. With a few months to go until the new release in the Call of Duty series, I doubt any changes will be made.

 

I hope however, that Black Ops includes dedicated servers and has found a way to prevent those that wish to lag others to have an unfair advantage in the game.

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
snoopystorm
Accepted Solution

 


@awesomechaos wrote:

 

I hope however, that Black Ops includes dedicated servers and has found a way to prevent those that wish to lag others to have an unfair advantage in the game.


 

IW used dedicated servers for COD4: Modern Warfare and apart from the weekend server lag they ran perfectly, they opened them up so more people could get into the games easier. I too hope Treyarch return to the dedicated servers as hopefully this would combat the problem of the lag switch cheaters

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Fulcrum09

  • Offline
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

 


@ZOMB13-R4NG3R wrote:

 


@dylanireland wrote:
did i say i was going to buy one?! lol...promoting that on the official ps website isnt the best thing to do.

 

at least MS ban people that cheat and hack... unlike Sony that dont give a monkeys...

 

I for one, am not paying Sony to play online, until they ban cheats on all games...

 


 

sorry but if you've been paying to play online then you've been getting ripped off. ps3 is free to play online.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters


"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

Ste1105

  • Offline
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Ste1105
Accepted Solution

I got into a round of S&D with a lag switcher, Sub base it was. He got me the first round, so when I realised what had happened I went the default famas class and waited for him to rush our spawn, He killed everyone on my team but he couldn't find me camping till he switched it back to normal before host migration.

I noobtubed him and he left the game, it felt good.

0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters



Uploaded with ImageShack.us





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

snoopystorm

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
snoopystorm
Accepted Solution

@Ste1105 wrote:

I got into a round of S&D with a lag switcher, Sub base it was. He got me the first round, so when I realised what had happened I went the default famas class and waited for him to rush our spawn, He killed everyone on my team but he couldn't find me camping till he switched it back to normal before host migration.

I noobtubed him and he left the game, it felt good.


Nice to hear that we are slowly getting back at these cheaters
0 Kudos

Re: Lag Switch glitchers/cheaters

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel