LordRoss

• Online Support

It's time to Celebrate PlayStation!

[ Edited ]
32 Replies 3,572 Views edited 27-06-2013
20 Jun 2013
By LordRoss

Hello PlayStation Community!

What a glorious year we have seen so far over here at PlayStation headquarters: there were the announcements of PlayStation 4 and several new awesome and exciting upcoming titles, the launch of such great titles like God of War: Ascension and The Last Of Us and many more.. and there is so much left to come! You can’t imagine how excited we all are for the next months! :Love:

Hence, we have decided that it’s the perfect timing to celebrate a little and of course you are all invited and more than welcome to join us!

Ladies and gentlemen – it is time to Celebrate PlayStation! :Party:

Obviously, we want to celebrate our present and future as well as our past with YOU and what better way to do this than with a nice trip down memory lane! 

We have several weeks ahead of us of great celebrations, events, contests and much more so you should definitely keep your eyes peeled on the official PlayStation Forums, Facebook, Twitter, PlayStation.com and even the PlayStation Store! YES! You’ve read that right! Of course, there’s no PlayStation party without a great deal of discounts for your consoles to celebrate gaming in the best way possible!

For those of you who are active on social networks, make sure you follow our official hashtag #playstationmemories and get involved spreading the love!

The first 2 weeks will be dedicated to our origins, the great PSOne!

We have prepared a great deal of discounts on PSOne Classics which you can access here.

You can also use this as an inspiration for our PSOne Video Game Wars– we are keen to find out which PSOne title you choose as the best PSOne game of all time! So make sure you click here and nominate and vote for your favourite!

Then we will move on to PS2, PS3 and also PSP and PS Vita! We won’t tell you too much about what we have planned to celebrate these contents just yet though but we promise it’s going to be a lot of fun!

> > >

So get your party hats on, start your consoles and keep an eye on our forums! Let’s celebrate PlayStation and our #playstationmemories!

We’re looking forward to this great PlayStation summer and hope you do so too!

Your PlayStation Community Team

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Thanks everyone for taking part in celebrating the current generation, the PlayStation3, but the time has come to once again move on to the next stop down memory lane, by coming together and sharing your #PlayStationMemories & experiences for the PS Vita & the PSP.

PSMemories_PSVita_PSP_featured_image

As we celebrate the PS Vita & the PSP, I advice you go to check out the #PlayStationMemories sales on the PlayStation Store, as you may find something interesting and for limited time only ! Click on the basket to be redirected to the PSP & PSVita sales sack_happy.png

Also our new challenge for you lot to get involved in this time is simply choosing and voting for the Mr and Miss PlayStation! Which PlayStation character wows you the most? Which one of them has the most appealing looks or qualities and deserves to win this title? Go and make your choice and nomiate >HERE<

0 Kudos

Re: It's time to Celebrate PlayStation!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PlayerHater16

27%
02 Rank
Progress
PlayerHater16
Accepted Solution

is breath of fire 4 ever going to come on the australian psn?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RazorFin100

27%
02 Rank
Progress
RazorFin100
Accepted Solution

I'd just like to point out that even though it's over, my favourite PS1 classic is... Hmm, probably Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon, still have it I think. Man, I had so many PS1 games, literallya large trunkfull, most have been sold, lost or broken, shame, but I still have a lot of them left in working order.

Now, my favourite PS2 memories would have to be playing GTA: San Andreas, such a big game, I never owned it until I bought it on the PSN store but I played it a lot on my friends PS2, then there's The Getaway, Getaway 2: Black Monday and The Warriors, classics, I also loved The Punisher a lot, sorry if it's getitng a bit over the top back there, I did enjoy... Happier games such as TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, never played Resident Evil 4 on it though, that's where my GameCube came in. :) I enjoyed the Lego series too, but once after a session of Lego Indiana Jones I got a major headache, not sure what it was and nobody else did, man so many classics, 007 NightFire, Alien Hominid, Splinter Cell and Psi-Ops was fun too. Great gaming system.

0 Kudos

PlayStation fan since forever.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Grimmsqueaker

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Grimmsqueaker
Accepted Solution

With the original Playstation for me it has to be Medieval, remember seeing all the previews for it in the different magazines at the time.

Day it landed I bought it immediately and still own that very same copy on disc that I bought back then. Since then though I have also bought it digital from PSN and played through it so many times. My 12 year old son loves the game also and I have put it on his PSP to play, he plays it as much as me!

I REALLY hope that they release Medieval 2 on PSN, I do have my original copy on disc still but would love to buy it digital.

I remember being amazed by the CGI intro on the first game and seeing Zarok, hes a bad guy that is just plain nuts, very Tim Burton with the setting and the humor.

Medieval has to be one of my top 3 games of all time, right alongside Last Ninja 2 on the C64 (Still have myoriginal on tape with map, star and mask in big box and I still play it on my C64 which is around 30 yr old now)

When it comes to PS2 the first game I got was Jak & Daxter Precursor Legacy, remember trying to get that last orb on the minecart level, you know the one, it required perfect timing to get! I really need to pick up the HD versions of the 3 games.

Also the Sly Racoon games, I had only ever played the first one on PS2 and love it, bought the HD Trilogy about a year ago now and the 3 games are still as good today as they were back when first released.

Tenchu : Wrath of Heaven, they really upped the game with this one, controls were more fluent for a start, visually stunning giving a decent scenarios and sound direction. I still love this game to this day and is definitely the pinnacle of the series.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Raitoningu_01

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Raitoningu_01
Accepted Solution

Playstation 4 will be awesome will be great to celebrate previous consoles!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jovan247

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Jovan247
Accepted Solution

Without further ado, 

Tekken 3

Duke Nukem 

Crash Bandicoot

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/pricepeep/tv-classic-pricepeep.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/tv-classic-fg.js"></script>
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Anduril777

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Anduril777
Accepted Solution
Best Ps3 memories...

Running home with Metal Gear Solid 4 and locking myself away from reality for a few days with earphones and glorious hd :)

Albeit recent, playing Last of Us non-stop just to see what happens next, and experiencing the terror and suspense of every dark, clicker-filled room...

Getting the console on day one and obsessing over every inch of it while waiting for the couriers to deliver the games.

The Ps3's been, and still is amazing. Cheers from South Africa for a great generation in gaming!
Now let's get cracking on the next one!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WnxLeo

25%
02 Rank
Progress
WnxLeo
Accepted Solution

The game that was a turning point for me had to be Jak & Daxter on PS2.  I remember playing the demo over and over in anticipation of its release.  This game annihilated loading times, was fun, had amazing graphics, was huge in terms of levels and was accessible for everyone.  Jak was an instant icon.  Outstanding!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THE_DANSTER17

25%
02 Rank
Progress
THE_DANSTER17
Accepted Solution
What would be awesome to see the legendary PlayStation 2 titled game (GUN) to be brought to pan store :-)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Pheonix-Reborn-L
Accepted Solution

Oh yes lets celebrate playstaion, celebrate all the years sony network has been running that has given us so my joy and pleasure with so many damn errors, like D31, lets celebrate the amount of times we been kicked out of ps home due to errors on a daily basis, lets celebrate not being able to add funds to our psn wallet, lets also celebrate not being able to use psn services like youtube and netflix - signing us out and switching our ps3 off and back on again with no success of using that service.

Lets also celebrate the constant demand to download updates for every service we use and also games - which dont always wortk like i mentioned above, go to download new update - being singed out and ps3 switching off - very helpful i must say pfft. Oh and speaking of these updates and services, like the PS Plus - this service allows you to download games for 'free' for aslong as you keep that service, well thats all well and good, but when you see just how big these games are to download, likke Unchartered 3 - over 30GB and also Need For Spped - over 35GB to download, so on top of that you already got so many game saves files from many mulitple games be it from disc or downloaded games, you have to somehow allocate yet more space to get the best out of the PS Plus serice, so day i got a simple 40GB ps3, erm...how would you Sony propose i can keep all my previous game saves data and already downloaded games from the psn store AND also be able to download and play these great games and offers that PS Plus provides?  hmmm no i dont know either funny that. Way i see it Sony dont have a clue about ciustomer service for OUR best intrest, good value for money? you best do some research on that it might help, errors...possibly your only strong point really, Sony seems to be so good at giving us these errors you got it down to a fine art, cant go a single day without recieving at least 2 or 3 errors.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mcvdfc

81%
05 Rank
Progress
mcvdfc
Accepted Solution
My first memory of PS Vita is sadly a very unhappy one.

I won an auction on eBay for a used 3G Vita in excellent condition almost two weeks ago. I paid the guy within about 2 hours of winning the auction. The seller told me he'd send it out the following day, which would mean it should have arrived by Tues 20th.
I'm still waiting!

Seller won't reply to emails so I've had to raise a case with eBay for the matter to be resolved. I now have to wait until 3rd Sept before eBay will take action. I really hope the guy gets his finger out and sends me MY Vita, though I think it will be a refund and then start hunting again.
Not happy at all!!! :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mcvdfc

81%
05 Rank
Progress
mcvdfc
Accepted Solution
I can't wait to start making much better nice, happy, fun, new Vita memories.

Here's to the future of PS Vita!

Hoorah!!!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel