• MVP
95%
15 Rank
Progress

your PS2 online experiences!

8 Replies 1,051 Views Created 10-07-2013
10 Jul 2013
By TheNarrator

its time to celebrate PS2 with some #playstationmemories! after the crazy heights of PSone gaming, its now time for some lovely PS2 nostalgia!

the Playstation 2 was the first PS to go online (er, eventually 8D) and offer players the chance to play (and shoot, and race) about with gamers around the world! aswell as a few games jumped in and added online modes to their games for the first time, it was also the first time for many gamers too!

so, what does everyone remember about their online experiences on PS2? what was your first time like? which games were awesome and totally sucked you in to the online gaming world that you have fond memories of?

Timesplitters Future Perfect!

i found out my younger brother wasnt the only one who could easily beat me on Timesplitters :D. i loved playing Future Perfect online, it was crazy, super slick and pretty quick too. running over random monkeys on the icey Dam level was quite fun :D. we could also upload custom maps aswell, remember playing in a sniper vs sniper wall-of-windows game 8D.

does anyone else have a soft spot for TS online? or did you prefer some other PS2 games? 8)

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

beneloben

95%
03 Rank
Progress
beneloben
Accepted Solution

I've had this PSN ID since PS2 ... have played Need for Speed Underground 2 and many hours of Battlefield Modern Warfare on it ... both we're excellent at the time :)

0 Kudos

Re: your PS2 online experiences!

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution
I remember the awkward and long set up process of setting up my network adapter then hopping into my first online game ever on SOCOM. Didn't take that game out the PS2 until SOCOM II came out :P
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

My first PS2 online experience was at the PlayStation Experience at Earls Court in 2003. I'd been an avid online PC gamer to that point but bought myself a Network Adaptor and got lost in the online world that the little Sony concole provided instead. SOCOM, Hardware Online Arena etc, and many many more happy memories and a few duff ones. But all made more enjoyable when I joined the Old Age PlayStationers.

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mydoom

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Mydoom
Accepted Solution

well what can i say i have to say i had an amazing time on my ps2 i was  lucky enough to experence alot of different thing on the ps2 online. i started of with i think eqoa was first then i stop in at socom on my down times, and i found what i was reallly longing for now before i say it  i was a hugh mmo fan on pc and i was mainly pasting the time between raids and rest breaks on my ps2 till i got the linux kit which was'nt bad abit over my head but  very interesting indeed  i desided well i'm not very good with linux i might as well utize the hard drive and import final fantasy xi now at this stage i'd already been playing on pc and want to experence it on my ps2 which i can confirm was the end all be all for me on console i no longer need to keep upgrading my pc i had found  a perfect game on console at least for me. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ThomasakaDes

90%
04 Rank
Progress
ThomasakaDes
Accepted Solution
Zero experience :P
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lovespuds

96%
02 Rank
Progress
lovespuds
Accepted Solution
Bit of a predictable one mine, but the Metal Gear Solid games were just awesome. Also had a huge soft spot for SSX, Crash Bandicoot and Ratchet and Clank. Then there was schooling my work mates on Tekken ahhhh, happy days!

When I think back over the Playstation Era I have had so many great experiences, its why I will always love Sony, I have been with them for every launch.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

N9ne0sBaby

90%
03 Rank
Progress
N9ne0sBaby
Accepted Solution

I don't remember playing many PS2 games online despite them having the online functionality but there was the odd occasion where I'd jump online for a game of FIFA or for a race in Need For Speed: Underground 2.

The only PS2 game I remember putting a lot of time into online was Tony Hawk's Underground. This must've been the first online game on PlayStation I became addicted too. The online mode had a big fan base and it was never difficult to find a full session, even after the game had aged a good few years. Sadly though, the developers 'Neversoft' unofficially pulled the plug to the online servers in 2007. I believe some way or another the online functionality returned but was overlooked due to the release of the next-gen console that was the PS3!

Ah, the memories of a PS veteran :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Twitter: @Maurice_II | YouTube: MauriceThe2nd | Twitch: MauriceThe2nd

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Arfan_Ali786

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Arfan_Ali786
Accepted Solution
Hi guys got a quesion for u how do I install crash bandicoot on xperia z.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel