Problem Solved

View Original Post
15 May 2015
By rstaff1988

rstaff1988

22%
02 Rank
Progress

If I buy a PS4 Game on PSN, Do I also get the PS3 Version on My Account?

2 Replies 749 Views Created 15-05-2015
15 May 2015
By rstaff1988

Basically Final Fantasy X Remastered was just released for the PS4 on the PSN. However I accidentally brought it for my PS3 like 6 months ago ( rather than for my Vita ).

So I am wondering, If I buy a game that is available across all 3 systems, for say , my PS4, do I have access to that game across all of my systems, or am I doomed to have to buy it for each system, despite them all being linked to my account?

0 Kudos
LABELS: Other Purchasing
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Unless they are specifically marked as a "Cross Buy" title, then no, you would have to buy them separately on each platform.

Re: If I buy a PS4 Game on PSN, Do I also get the PS3 Version on My Account?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rstaff1988

22%
02 Rank
Progress
rstaff1988
Accepted Solution

Aww :( thats a shame and feels a tad silly. I understand that if you buy the physical versions in a shop that you would need to buy them individually, to prevent piracy etc. However if you are buying a game for a PSN account, that game is then locked to your account, its seems silly to then have to buy it again if you do go all fan boy ( like me ) and buy each of the systems.

In my case, I work away from home, so I play my PS3 in my rented room during work days, then play my vita while i am travelling home, then while at home I play my PS4. Being able to purchase the game for my account, rather than my systems would have been really helpful.

But oh well, guess I will have to settle with one version for now. Having to rebuy for a new platform, using the same account is too much of a pain, should I just stop buying games in case they come out on a newer platform etc?

Its really like buying a game on steam again, every time you upgrade or change your computer...would be silly. :(

0 Kudos

Re: If I buy a PS4 Game on PSN, Do I also get the PS3 Version on My Account?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel