lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress

Error Code 1048

57 Replies 24,246 Views Created 27-08-2012
27 Aug 2012
By lNFECTlOUS
I try to log in to DC universe and constantly get the error code 1048 unable to complete login. Please try again in a few minutes. This is not error code 1004 so holding all the shoulder buttons does not work. Ive reset my router, I've deleted and re downloaded the game (which I'm not happy about as it is a ridiculously big download). I tried this on my other PS account and the game works fine. I've updated my playstation, restored my playstation and yet I still get this error code. I've had this for over 24 hours now and I'm really not happy. I pay monthly for legendary and find this disgraceful as I can't even get on to play the game. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iiGRaPHiiCz-x

23%
02 Rank
Progress
iiGRaPHiiCz-x
Accepted Solution
This exact thinghappend to me yesterday around 5pm uk time ive looked around and there is no fix for it :( i have just bought all the dlc and im disgusted at the fact this has happened i can also go on my other acc some people say it means that im banned but who knows
0 Kudos

Re: Error Code 1048

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
I know mate, it's beyond a joke. I'm not happy at all. I've had no response off anyone. When I ask for help I get the same people saying "OH UR PS BROKE" yet I manage to get in on a different playstation user. A game like this that are pulling in so much money should atleast have the decency to tell people what's going on. Instead of having ignorant players telling me I've broke it or I've not held R1, L1 etc properly. There should be some refund for the game time that you miss.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iiGRaPHiiCz-x

23%
02 Rank
Progress
iiGRaPHiiCz-x
Accepted Solution
The worst thing in my opinion is the dlc that i bought will be gone :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iiGRaPHiiCz-x

23%
02 Rank
Progress
iiGRaPHiiCz-x
Accepted Solution
My younger brother got me a 3day suspension but thats all so ill be back on thursday so its nothing to worry about :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
How did you find this out mate?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mobie_1

23%
02 Rank
Progress
mobie_1
Accepted Solution

It cannot be a suspension issue. I've been at my girlfriends house since Thursday afternoon ps3 off. I return to my house Sunday afternoon and decide to play and get error code 1048 on my screen. I pay a membership for dcuo and have not said anything vulgar while playing. They need to resolve these problems.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

This is so frustrating... I cannot find any information on what to do other than "don't worry it's just server maintainence".

I've checked the official DCUO twitter/facebook/website and I can't find anything about downtime...

I think it may be a suspension but I have no idea how to find out if I have been suspened or not.

:Argh: this is ridiculous... I looked forward to coming home and playing this yesterday, 24 hours on and I still am unable to gain access to the game and I have no idea why :/

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
Well I highly doubt it's a ban if we've all went down at the same time? I will let you know if I get a fix. Keep me informed. These next few days were the only time I could get on properly and now this has happened. Only reply I had was on twitter off Mepps telling me to go to customer support. Well I've done that! I want answers.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Well I've checked the support link, found the "Ban" support page and it says you should receive an email to the "linked emial adress to your DC account" which I'm presuming is my PSN email as I don't remember setting up an e-mail with DC. I've checked that email, and my old email which USED to be my PSN email, and I've had no message from them, and I've triple checked my junk folder.

Thing is though, I'm on the EU PS3 sever, and the other day was the "Summer Bash", where you get to meet mepps and duel him for a fireworks trinket. Basically it was an absolute mess, there was a broadcast 20 minutes before the event telling you go to Metropolis PvE and meet with bash for fun games and treasure hunts and to use the "Versus" chat to communicate and receive clues. So there was absolutely TONS of people in metropolis, and it was in complete chaos. People were shouting cluelessly as they had no idea how to activate the versus chat as the game tells you in no way at all how to edit it. Thankfully I already knew how to activate the versus chat, so after 30 minutes of "*****" I joined, but the chat was moving so fast I had even less of an idea what on earth was going on. Then I saw Mepps say "Clue number 4, I am near a cinema". After instantly working out where  I managed to get there, then realised that I had to phase with mepps, which was in no way detailed in the broadcast earlier, luckily a league member had duelled him and won the trinket and I phased with him a while ago, so I was in the right phase. By the time I reached the theatre in Chinatown, people were becoming even more annoyed in the Versus chat, people were complaining asking him to repeat the clues as you had a split second to read them. Anyway, surprise surprise Mepps wasn't anywhere near the Chinatown cinema which everyone worked it out to be. He then claimed to be "by the sea", no one ever seemed to see him after that. I was completely fed up, I said in the Versus chat (which mepps was using to communicate the event) "This is just so badly organised", a long with others who felt the same, his only reply was "Congrats to our 30 winners". That's it I was SO angry, I said "This is just absolute *****" yes I used an exclamation mark... Almost immediately after this I logged out of the game automatically, I didn't touch a button. It said I disconnected... I signed back in no problems, and carried on playing, I even played the day after... but after then I was presented with this annoying error code which we all have in common.

I'm not sure  whether I disconnected after saying that, or I was banned/sent a warning. I could have been suspended... but it's odd to allow you to play for a day before activating it right? but it seems like a funny coincidence that I'm unable to get into the game quite soon after I used "foul language".

Even though, if I have been suspended that's just outright stupid. The amount of abuse I've seen in the hall of doom has been far worse, yet I still see the same usernames appear in the shout chat daily -_-

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
I remember the event and was trying to take part in it myself. Like yourself a league member had duelled Mepps. I can't remember saying anything "vulgar" but I did say something along the lines of "this has been poorly organised". As you said though there was a lot of spam going on and a lot of people were saying a lot worse then me. Including my friends. It was about 5 o'clock yesterday I was booted. I also checked my email to see if I had been banned but I've received nothing. I've emailed customer support but had no reply as its a bank holiday. Ive also tried to ring them. I'll contact them tomorrow but if this continues I'm going to chuck this game. I've not even played it a month and have had a tonne of problems. It's not worth me paying for it. If I've been banned for any kind of bad language I'll be very annoyed as I rarely ever speak nevermind say anything out of line! As you've said there is a lot worse said in the hall of doom. Just like you, someone on the other forums and the person above - we are all on EU PS3 and have went off in a similar fashion. This is a problem on there behalf but no doubt they will make something up to cover themselves.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

EXACTLY!

I started this game last christmas when I found out about it in PSN magazine. I tried about 4 different characters and I stuck with one till lvl 17. The game was so big and confusing, but I was overwhelmed by how awesome the idea was. Then loaded up the game one day and it needed a massive update so I was like pff can't be bothered then didn't come back to the game until about 3 months ago. As I learned more and more about the game (I'm quite good with MMOs lol I like researching things about the game to strengthen my knowledge) I started to find this game was perfect for me. 2 months ago I purchased a 30 day legendary membership after reaching level 30, and I was still learning, but enjoying the game. I renewe my legendary for anoter 30 days when it expired, and it still hasn't expired yet, and started to get to really know the game. It seems the more you play it and get to know some "old timers" the  more you realise how the devs are screwing you over all the time... Did you know that when you are legendary you are limited to the amount of lockboxes you can get? wheras in premium or f2p you aren't? they don't tell you that when you buy a membership... Also, no matter how many complaints they recieve about the lag/freezes and after over a year and a half of the full game being ou thte still haven't made a proper attempt to fix the issues...

I don't know it just seems that the EU ps3 server gets no attention at all... And being a villain it's even tougher xD

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
Wow.. What do you mean limited to the amount of lock boxes? That's ridiculous! I'm also a villain on EU PS3 (not anyone well known by a long shot!) but what is your name?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

FrEaKy Cl0wN (lol yeah noob type -_- thinking of a name change lol)

you may see me in HoD if you happen to be in my phase, i sell exos quite a lot and i've managed to get into some long arguments lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
LOL it's Black Magick!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

:O

FROM THE BLACKLIST RIGHT?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
YES!! I manage on an alt today and speak to te league members for help but they couldn't help and when Black Terror asked nemesisz told him off for asking. D: it's strange me and you've had this done to us?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

yeah sucks man... wanted to get back to the league... people probably needed us for something lol... I guess if and when we get back on they'll believe us if 2 of us explain

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
Well I would've appreciated it of they could've given me a reason for this. If it was a ban surely it wouldn't say "please try again in 2 minutes." other people say a ban says something like "unable to log you in. Contact customer support".
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Hmm so I gess its just the servers that are doing something... I honetly can't be bothered to contact customer support lol from past experiences 99% of customer support services are a waste of time.... guess i'm just gonna keep trying every day and hope it fixes itself.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lNFECTlOUS

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lNFECTlOUS
Accepted Solution
Shouldn't have to resort to that. Especially when paying monthly. Its a joke, it really is. Should demand some sort of compensation. My girlfriends going away for 3 days and I was looking forward to having some Dc time and now this happens.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel