DEV1L79

86%
04 Rank
Progress

Anyone else think Sonys E3 was a bit crap

95 Replies 2,482 Views Created 11-07-2007
11 Jul 2007
By DEV1L79
Having just seen the 3 different ones I thought that Sonys one came out the worst, I was hoping it would have a lot more about the online elliment that stops me from buying a PS3 and it just didnt, killzone looks awsome but not as good as a lot of other games coming out.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DodgeUSAnon

84%
01 Rank
Progress
DodgeUSAnon
Accepted Solution

I think one of the best thing about Sony's was that they never bored us with statistics that nobody gives a **** about.

Becuase if they did, they would end up last in each case LOL.

For example, Sony wouldnt want to say "Look the 360 has sold more, followed by the Wii, then in last place its our very own console, the PS3" It would hardly make for good press would it?

Im sure that if Sony were leading, they would have thrown just as much stats as Microsoft and Nintendo.
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else think Sonys E3 was a bit crap

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CheeseMonkeyUK

92%
02 Rank
Progress
CheeseMonkeyUK
Accepted Solution
Becuase if they did, they would end up last in each case LOL. For example, Sony wouldnt want to say "Look the 360 has sold more, followed by the Wii, then in last place its our very own console, the PS3" It would hardly make for good press would it? Im sure that if Sony were leading, they would have thrown just as much stats as Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony could have quite easily said something along the lines of "You can enjoy all of our fantastic games on a console you know will not break, unlike our main competitor our consoles do not have a 1 in 3 failure rate" couldn't they. But they didn't. Oh god empy, just lol :p Amusing isn't it!
0 Kudos

Once again, thanks for the sig, Lob!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fenian

96%
06 Rank
Progress
fenian
Accepted Solution
Becuase if they did, they would end up last in each case LOL. For example, Sony wouldnt want to say "Look the 360 has sold more, followed by the Wii, then in last place its our very own console, the PS3" It would hardly make for good press would it? Im sure that if Sony were leading, they would have thrown just as much stats as Microsoft and Nintendo. Honestly you can make statistics say anything you want, Sony could have talked about projected figures till the cows came home, but they didnt. They could have talked about how many more mobile phones they sell compared to microsoft, seen as home is going mobile, but they didnt. They could have talked in depth about how blur ray is beating hd-dvd with tons of stats to back that claim up.. They could have then linked this jump to playstation sales... There was plenty of chance for them to spit out stat after stat after stat but they didnt.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Billybobbean

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Billybobbean
Accepted Solution
This years conference was phenominal, easily the best of the 3. If you didnt like what you saw I dont think anyone will ever impress you
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else think Sonys E3 was a pit crap

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[cdefomn]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[cdefomn]
Accepted Solution
what crap is this thread tbh.
Agreed. They really put effort into it and it turned out better than ever.
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else think Sonys E3 was a pit crap

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[legend1]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[legend1]
Accepted Solution
I thought sony put on a very good show as did microsoft.
I was very dissapointed in nintendo.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
This widget could not be displayed.
"> This widget could not be displayed.
" class="mobile-user-link">
" alt="" />
"> Anonymous
Accepted Solution
Having just seen the 3 different ones I thought that Sonys one came out the worst, I was hoping it would have a lot more about the online elliment that stops me from buying a PS3 and it just didnt, killzone looks awsome but not as good as a lot of other games coming out.

I think you stand alone with this opinion. SCE's press conference is the better out of the three, with Nintendo coming in second. Microsoft offers the same thing every year - "Our console is the best and drives this industry," along with inaccurate statistics.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Krisaim

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Krisaim
Accepted Solution
Too funny. And you call me a fanboy.;)

Online. So you missed all the stuff about home and jumping straight into the game lobbies of what ever game?
I would make a comment about MS's show but tbh it was just full of multi format games with the odd few in house ones.

Unreal and Haze will be huge, never mind Killzone. All the PC/PS3 stuff on home and Unreal?? Did you miss all that also?

Getting boring now Devil. The real truth about PS3 is that you can't afford one.:)
0 Kudos

www.playstationonline.co.uk

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Caligari]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Caligari]
Accepted Solution
SCE's press conference is the better out of the three, with Nintendo coming in second.

lolwut

I thought Sony's conference was very good especially after last years embarrassing effort, they showed exactly what I wanted to see and made me want a ps3 badly. I was very impressed with what they were showing about PSN and all the downloadable stuff, although the whole star wars thing was just retarded. I was also very suprised about how much emphasis they put on the psp and after the conference it made me want the psp redesign. I was disappointed by Kaz's voice though, sounded like he had a cold or something. :(

In terms of the conferences: Sony>Microsoft>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendo.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Triggerhappytel]
Accepted Solution
Actually, on balance I think Sony probably had the strongest show - mainly because they had a fairly diverse range of stuff on show, such as Home, Echochrome (I love the look of this), Pain, Uncharted, Infamous, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, etc etc.

It's a shame they didn't show some more exclusives (Afrika? White Knight Story?), but I thought what they did have was pretty top.

I thought MS had a fairly good but unspectacular show. Obviously there was plenty of good games, but they focused too much on multiformat, third-party titles, and didn't give some exclusives enough time in the spotlight (like Bioshock, Dark Messiah, etc).

I thought Nintendo had a terrible show. I hate this 'casual' direction the company is taking, and to make Wii f**king Fit the game of the show over the likes of Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 is just absurd.

I think there was a grand total of three games in the Ninty conference which interested me (I really don't care about the Mario Kart franchise any more). Poorest E3 conference I've seen in some years.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akira_Tenshi

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution
It was ok but they didnt announce anything i didnt already know about. My biggest dissapointment about E3 is that Final Fantasy XIII wasnt shown.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Joe64x]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Joe64x]
Accepted Solution
Microsoft offers the same thing every year - "Our console is the best and drives this industry," along with inaccurate statistics.

I totally agree, Sony had a very strong conference this year, obviously a huge improvement on last year, though not exactly hard to do LMAO :)
As for MS: Boring as ever, indeed, inaccurate stats, solid LIES, and, well, all in all a pretty crap show.:gr8:
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel