Lobstar

92%
02 Rank
Progress

Most impressive thing at E3?

38 Replies 1,754 Views Created 15-07-2007
15 Jul 2007
By Lobstar
Now that e3 is over for another year what games (or any thing else) impressed you the most? for me it had to be little big planet, before e3 i thought that the game looked ok but couldnt see why people where going mad over it........that was untill i watched the video on the ps store and saw all the cool things that you could make and do. now i cant wait to play the game. it was also great to see rock band as well, the last bit of the gamespot live at e3 was very cool with them having the big demo of the game i really cant wait to play that. then there where things like killzone and mgs4 that looked really nice and guitar hero 3 looked cool as well. so what impressed you the most?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar.png[/img] [/url]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BennyBoosh

80%
01 Rank
Progress
BennyBoosh
Accepted Solution
Yes. LBP is amazing, best thing since Lego.
0 Kudos

Re: Most impressive thing at E3?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikk

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Mikk
Accepted Solution
I meant looks poo. :lol:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oFrey

60%
02 Rank
Progress
oFrey
Accepted Solution
I would have to say LBP, Heavenly Sword, Mass Effect, R&C or Killzone 2.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

alex_grist

80%
01 Rank
Progress
alex_grist
Accepted Solution
HOME was the best thing about E3!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[HevenlyNightmare]
Accepted Solution
All the new Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction videos!

me toooooooooooooooooooo
i loooov de new ratchet and clank it looks amazing, and the new weapons never fail to impress
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution
Well, nothing that I haven't already seen before really. LBP, Assassins Creed and Burnout have been on my to get list for a while now, along with GTA 4, as they are quite simply amazing (And those of you who read OPM would have seen my LBP Venom design in the latest issue). Burnout and NFS: Pro Street look like a must for me, and I'm pretty certain that I'll purchase Stranglehold, Warhawk, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword. I'm still very sceptical about Killzone 2 though, as the first one was quite poor really. Big let down, but luckily I only played it and don't own it. Turok looks amazing though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Triggerhappytel]
Accepted Solution
Probably the single most surprising and impressive game was Echochrome. It looks inventive, inspired and original, and is definitely the sort of thing Sony need at the moment.

Other good stuff included LittleBigPlanet, MGS4 (even if it was just a video), Bioshock (didn't see much of it at the show, but I know it will be excellent), Mass Effect (will be excellent, although I'm worried it will feel too 'shooty' for an RPG), Infamous (again, just a video, but I really like Sucker Punch & I hope this reaches it's potential), Heavenly Sword (this should be the PS3's first genuine killer app) and Killzone (I know, I know, but I hope it's a better game this time - in fact, I have no doubt it will be much better).

I hated almost everything Nintendo had to show, as it goes. I hate this new 'casual' direction the company is taking, and crap like Wii Fit or DS c*cking Cookbook doesn't interest me in the slightest. I was also slightly dissapointed with Assassin's Creed. I thought the video I watched of it looked a bit shoddy. Fingers crossed for this one. Lastly, I thought Uncharted looked a bit rough still. I hope there's plenty of time to sort it out before it ships.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Curtis147]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Curtis147]
Accepted Solution
The best thing at E3 was definetly Playstation Home which looks amazin. The best lukin games though r definetly MGS4 and Killzone 2. Playstation had the best and most impressive games at E3.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[dogspit]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[dogspit]
Accepted Solution
:D The best thing at E3 was definetly Playstation Home which looks amazin. The best lukin games though r definetly MGS4 and Killzone 2. Playstation had the best and most impressive games at E3.

I realy hope that thoose games are more than just promisses... ;)

I can't understand why no one as yet refered GT 5 (prologue). The GT franchise is suposed to be one of the most sucefull worldwide. I was sad that Poliphony Digital presented such a poor trailer, but it was enough to make beg for more. That audi r8 sounded like the real one. Man i realy can't wait for it! :)

The part that i liked most (side along with the Phill Harrison chewbacka appearence on stage) was the presentation of killzone! It beated me to the ground. It apears to have a solid gameplay and story.

As for Metal Gear Solid 4... Well, there are no words to describe the work of master Kojima. It's pure genious :gr8:

As for someone who said wii-fiit was great... you can't be serious :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TidusSephiroth

80%
02 Rank
Progress
TidusSephiroth
Accepted Solution
Resident Evil 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Assassins Creed

Are the ones I liked and cant wait for, plus because I haven't really kept up with E3 much I look forward to any RPG but I dunno if any where shown at E3.

I recall seeing one think it was done by a Square Enix member but I can't remember the name of it and Google isn't really any help.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

paintballjoe

98%
03 Rank
Progress
paintballjoe
Accepted Solution
the best things there had to be; Killzone 2, the intro was cool although they pretended to forget, and it was played backstage on the full version GT5, cant wait for it to come on the PS store :D and Home, thats looking better too.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTP_Mars

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GTP_Mars
Accepted Solution
Probably the single most surprising and impressive game was Echochrome. It looks inventive, inspired and original, and is definitely the sort of thing Sony need at the moment.
Wow, that certainly looks different - looks like it might be quite tricky, especially after a few cans of adult refreshment. Presumably this would be another title where users create their own levels and share them, like LBP is going to be? I wonder if the graphics are going to be that sparse or if that is just the basic framework/idea of the game, for illustration purposes...?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Triggerhappytel]
Accepted Solution
Wow, that certainly looks different - looks like it might be quite tricky, especially after a few cans of adult refreshment. Presumably this would be another title where users create their own levels and share them, like LBP is going to be? I wonder if the graphics are going to be that sparse or if that is just the basic framework/idea of the game, for illustration purposes...?

Here's another video of the ideologies explored in the game. Apparently this was the initial video the idea of the game came from.

Also, I believe the graphics will be like this on the finished version. Phil Harrison said this was all about gameplay and not about graphics. Which, I have to admit, I kindof admire from a traditionally mass-market body like Sony.

PS - welcome to the site Mars, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTP_Mars

60%
02 Rank
Progress
GTP_Mars
Accepted Solution
Here's another video of the ideologies explored in the game. Apparently this was the initial video the idea of the game came from.

Also, I believe the graphics will be like this on the finished version. Phil Harrison said this was all about gameplay and not about graphics. Which, I have to admit, I kindof admire from a traditionally mass-market body like Sony.

PS - welcome to the site Mars, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders ;)
Thanks for the welcome :) I figured I don't spend enough time on the internet and could easily afford another 2 hours a day browsing gaming forums!

I think the more variety the better, really... one thing I've noticed about all the new FPS's, for example, is that they're all 'bigger, better, more realistic' (i.e. more irritatingly difficult!) than the last version, so it's nice to see some games that focus on more basic elements, like creativity and fun. (Wow, fun... I remember that! I had some back in 2003...)

Plus, with Sony's whole 'Game 3.0' business, games like Echochrome could work really well. I personally couldn't be arsed creating complex levels and prefer to be able to download levels, much like when I used to play Sokoban... now Sokoban for the PS3, there's an idea!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Triggerhappytel]
Accepted Solution
Sorry mate, I've no idea what Sokoban is.

However if we're talking about great puzzle games, do you know Kula World? It was a culty, hard-to-find PS1 puzzler (have a looky on YouTube - I can't search as I'm busy at work), but it was a great little puzzler clearly in need of a PSN update.

Make it happen, Sony!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BennyBoosh

80%
01 Rank
Progress
BennyBoosh
Accepted Solution
I heard in an interview with Phil Harrison that Echochrome will have some community features which he said with a cheeky wink which probably does mean a level editor a level sharing across the PSN.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

odiedodie

80%
01 Rank
Progress
odiedodie
Accepted Solution
Perosnally, It was Phil Harison (and Kaz Hirai) not making complete fools of them both
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nafe360

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Nafe360
Accepted Solution
Big little Planet was good and so was MGS4, and Assassins Creed... All of it really.
0 Kudos

PSN in use: Nafe-
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel