PanixATK

96%
02 Rank
Progress

Slim PSP to hit UK before Japan

11 Replies 2,102 Views Created 20-07-2007
20 Jul 2007
By PanixATK

Redesigned handheld will arrive at UK retail before September 20th Japanese launch
MCV understands that ‘version two’ of Sony’s PSP will arrive in British stores before the console reaches Japan in September – and will be priced at €169 (around £114).

Sony this week announced that the machine would be launched in Japan on September 20th, priced at Y19,800 (around £80).
And now both Sony Europe president David Reeves and reliable retail sources have revealed the details of the console’s UK launch to MCV.

“This is an important new model,” said Reeves. “Once people get it into their hands they will feel the difference. It will come out at €169 in all PAL territories at the beginning of September.

“In Leipzig there will be a big demo of the video-out function and of new colours which will arrive after launch.”

One senior retailer told MCV: “We haven’t had much information through about it, but we are aware that it will be coming into our stores at the start of September – maybe even late August.”

Black, silver and white versions of the console will launch PAL territories, whilst the US will miss out on the white edition.

The new PSP model boasts a 4.3 inch wide high resolution LCD screen and is 33 per cent lighter and 19 per cent slimmer than its popular handheld predecessor.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/27821/Slim-PSP-to-hit-UK-before-Japan

I hope that's true cos i want one :gr8:
0 Kudos
LABELS:
Subscribe to me on YouTube
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

superaktieboy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
superaktieboy
Accepted Solution
hmm my first post :D

i really hope this is true, coz i keep going to the store to buy a PSP and then i remember wait, PSP 2 is coming out. then i go to other stores :( .. i can't wait for this one.. anyways.. anyones knows if the PSP Tv addon is gonna support Freeview or is it just in Japan?
0 Kudos

Re: Slim PSP to hit UK before Japan

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PanixATK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
PanixATK
Accepted Solution
hmm my first post :D

i really hope this is true, coz i keep going to the store to buy a PSP and then i remember wait, PSP 2 is coming out. then i go to other stores :( .. i can't wait for this one.. anyways.. anyones knows if the PSP Tv addon is gonna support Freeview or is it just in Japan?

it may work here if you buy the Japanese version but im not sure. I dont think UK version will ever come out, like the GPS unit.
0 Kudos

Subscribe to me on YouTube

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
£114 is a decent price, and i may even consider it, mine now has a lot of stuck pixels, but i may wait till it's sub £100,

good to see if sony are gonna release it before japan here, although i doubt it'd be much before,
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Achil]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Achil]
Accepted Solution
I may get one, contemplating it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MacMan2001

43%
02 Rank
Progress
MacMan2001
Accepted Solution
anyones knows if the PSP Tv addon is gonna support Freeview or is it just in Japan?

The TV Peripheral uses portable TV signals only used in Japan (where portable TV is quite popular). If it ever is released over here, either we would need to transmit these signals or alter the receiver in the adaptor.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[jamesonline]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[jamesonline]
Accepted Solution
£114 is a decent price, and i may even consider it, mine now has a lot of stuck pixels, but i may wait till it's sub £100, good to see if sony are gonna release it before japan here, although i doubt it'd be much before, I think they might release the base pack at £90-£100 but the more expensive packages at around £120-£140.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[jamesonline]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[jamesonline]
Accepted Solution
Can I just say that the new PSP isn't actually called the PSP Slim and Lite. It really annoys me. It's called PSPv.2 (PSP-2000). Just thought I'd say that. It is also not a PSP2. Its a redesign not a new console.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dr_Kung

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Dr_Kung
Accepted Solution
I may get one if there are any games I feel like playing, I'm still not really seeing much of any interest on this system and I'll proberly get myself a DS instead just so I can play pokemon.
0 Kudos

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thewernit

71%
02 Rank
Progress
thewernit
Accepted Solution
Good on ya for creating this thread as too many people think they're getting a completely new PSP 2 whereas we've tried to tell them its only slimmer and lighter and is still PSP:gr8:
0 Kudos

Formerly Known as DAV on the old forums.......if anyone actually remembers me

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CheeseMonkeyUK

92%
02 Rank
Progress
CheeseMonkeyUK
Accepted Solution
Yummy. Deffinatly getting the new PSP.
0 Kudos

Once again, thanks for the sig, Lob!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

canand

68%
02 Rank
Progress
canand
Accepted Solution
Cool before Japan I am going to get this.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel