• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress

GC Update: Kingdom Hearts II

14 Replies 2,610 Views Created 26-08-2006
26 Aug 2006
By OrangeDonut
Another big title due for release this year is the sequel to one of the biggest selling games of 2002. I managed to grab some time with the Disney & Square-Enix collaboration, and had to say I’m impressed with what they have done. I tried 2 of the worlds that were on show – Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron World. The pirates level looked very lush, set mainly on the beach of (you guessed it!) a Caribbean island, with Jack Sparrow as your sidekick. The first thing I noticed is that the enemies on screen were far less generic than the previous game, and fit in with the particular world you are playing very well. The controls were tweaked so that the combat no longer feels as clunky as it did previously. Jumping from platform to platform no longer feels a chore too. The Tron world took me back to my youth (am I showing my age yet? :p), looking extremely faithful to the 80’s film, even down to the music & sound effects. I even managed to get my hands on a Light Cycle, albeit for a very short time, as I hit a wall almost immediately after getting on it :( I didn’t get to see which Final Fantasy characters were included this time round, but I have been assured the big favourites will be making a comeback. If there’s anything else you’d like to know about the game, just ask!
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sidanator

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Sidanator
Accepted Solution
Wow, looks awesome. I've just bought the first you pre-owned but havn't got round to playing it yet but I've heard it's a fantastic game.....so just two questions, first does the story follow on from the first game (As I said I havn't play number one so don't know how the story ends). And when exactly is it released? :)
0 Kudos

Re: GC Update: Kingdom Hearts II

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[vitz85]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[vitz85]
Accepted Solution
thanks fishnpeas, Kingdom Hearts 2 looks awesome. i can't wait till i get released here.

one thing i was wondering is that i understand that they have assigned the manual camera control to the right analogue stick, but has that solved the camera issues that the first game suffered from?

once again, nice work!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Domino2097
Accepted Solution
Cool it looks great can't wait for this game me going to have no money soon to many good games coming out at the same time.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrangeDonut

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
OrangeDonut
Accepted Solution
Wow, looks awesome. I've just bought the first you pre-owned but havn't got round to playing it yet but I've heard it's a fantastic game.....so just two questions, first does the story follow on from the first game (As I said I havn't play number one so don't know how the story ends). And when exactly is it released? :) Yes, the story continues from the end of the first, however, I don't think you actually have to play the first game. The release date on the stand says October 2006.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrangeDonut

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
OrangeDonut
Accepted Solution
thanks fishnpeas, Kingdom Hearts 2 looks awesome. i can't wait till i get released here. one thing i was wondering is that i understand that they have assigned the manual camera control to the right analogue stick, but has that solved the camera issues that the first game suffered from? once again, nice work! That was one of the main things I was concerned with, and I'm happy to say it's much improved, manual camera works very well!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lordsynbios

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
lordsynbios
Accepted Solution
nice one fish, can't wait for this game :gr8:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Poliepig]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Poliepig]
Accepted Solution
Wow! Cant wait now!

But just one thing, doesnt KH2 carry on form KH: Chain of Memories? I heard from a friend that it does but ye never know
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution
It is a rad game. Got it with a guide too, like a day after it came out in America. Only faults I have with it really is that some of the voices don't suit the characters, and also, everyone in Port Royale are pirates of the caribbean impressionists. They aren't the real voices etc, although sometimes they do sound a little similar.

Either Space Paranoids (Tron world), Olympus or The World That Never Was, were the best worlds in my view.

Fish, were you lucky enough to play it? The combat is a lot faster paced than in the original, and it seems to have more style to it. Sephiroth is like 15 times harder than he was in KH1 as well.

Only problem with all of this though, is that the game isn't as long as the first. I completed the main story in about 30 hours I think it was. I started on the hardest mode (proud mode), but it still wasn't as long as the original. I have however got lots of save files so I'm trying to 100% it, so I guess you just have to make it last really, as I'm about 50/60 hours in now, due to just getting extra items, training up the power drives and that.

Great game anyway, so just to finish my mini-mini-mini review/info off, I think I'll have to give it 8.5/10 so it's worth the wait in the uk shores. The boss fights are really cool as well, and are now pretty interactive, so be sure to press triangle a lot in boss fights when you all get to play it on here. ;)

Edit - Poliepig, it does but like you don't need chain of memories as it still continues from the first. It'll just confuse you a little bit with some things if you don't get the gameboy one though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EvilC

93%
05 Rank
Progress
EvilC
Accepted Solution
I can't wait, I hate how we are always last when it comes to square soft games and that we get it about a year after everyone else.
0 Kudos

PS4&Vita: EvilC | Xbox One: EvilC666 | Switch&3DS: EvilC666

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Pitichat

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Pitichat
Accepted Solution
This game is awesome. I played with the US version and whaoooo, what a good game.

Sqare-Enix stated that Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts will be the two series they will focus on from now on. I wish they'll give us a sequel on the PS3.
0 Kudos

Re : GC Update: Kingdom Hearts II

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Philip99

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Philip99
Accepted Solution
It truly will be an awesome game. October '06 is proboblay what they had there, since it was in Germany, but don't forget that the English version has already been released in the US, so we'll get it slightly sooner. I believe September 29th is the confirmed date - likely because it's a Friday, and games usually come out on Fridays so "ickle kiddies" can play their beloved game on the Weekend. 32 days people! :gr8:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sheikah

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Sheikah
Accepted Solution
I've completed this game already. It's great, but it won't be as good as FFXII which is being released in USA on October 31st. Going to import that. :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[pedrsantiago]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[pedrsantiago]
Accepted Solution
cool images...
i can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!!:)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[AB]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[AB]
Accepted Solution

Another big title due for release this year is the sequel to one of the biggest selling games of 2002. I managed to grab some time with the Disney & Square-Enix collaboration, and had to say I’m impressed with what they have done.

I tried 2 of the worlds that were on show – Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron World.

The pirates level looked very lush, set mainly on the beach of (you guessed it!) a Caribbean island, with Jack Sparrow as your sidekick. The first thing I noticed is that the enemies on screen were far less generic than the previous game, and fit in with the particular world you are playing very well. The controls were tweaked so that the combat no longer feels as clunky as it did previously. Jumping from platform to platform no longer feels a chore too.

The Tron world took me back to my youth (am I showing my age yet? :p), looking extremely faithful to the 80’s film, even down to the music & sound effects. I even managed to get my hands on a Light Cycle, albeit for a very short time, as I hit a wall almost immediately after getting on it :(

I didn’t get to see which Final Fantasy characters were included this time round, but I have been assured the big favourites will be making a comeback.

If there’s anything else you’d like to know about the game, just ask!

i hate u..
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel