• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress

GC in Leipzig: Update

15 Replies 1,455 Views Created 25-08-2006
25 Aug 2006
By OrangeDonut
Well, what a first day! The after show party ended with a bang (or should that be beer?) and I’m all tuckered out, I just thought I would give you a sample of the few delights me and the gang experienced yesterday. The first thing we made a beeline for (obviously!) was the PlayStation stand, or should I say PlayStation hall, as there wasn’t much room left after Sony put down some of the most drool worthy wares on display. The first thing we came to was the B-Boy stand, an incredibly talented DJ provided the soundtrack for some of the most insane breakdancing I have ever seen – it made me feel very old and very out of shape just watching them go for it. I was told later that one of these chaps currently holds the world record for highest number of head spins (or are they called helicopters?) I then moved onto sample the delights of the PSP version of the game, which I must say is looking stunning on the handheld, nice crisp, detailed graphics with very fluid animation. The control system is simple, and very intuitive, combining button combinations and the D-Pad to perform your moves. I had a quick breeze through the career mode, (it also includes a quick session mode and more) and the more you play, the more moves you earn as you progress. You can also fully edit how your character looks and dresses in this mode. The music, as expected for this type of game, is fantastic, including artists such as Cypress Hill. Definitely on my wish list when it is released on the 22nd September. The next game I moved onto was God of War II on the PS2, which, again, is looking mighty tasty! God of War I pushed the PlayStation 2 to the absolute max in the graphics department, so don’t be expecting a massive improvement! But, all the same, there is a very noticeable improvement. Animation is a little more fluid, and they are definitely packing more background scenery this time around. The environments are definitely bigger, with much more of an epic feel to the level I played. The couple of new additional new tricks Kratos has up his sleeve that I had a play about with was a new rope/chain swing feature, which projects you at super fast speed towards the next platform. There is a new gift from the Gods, a longbow, which I really need to try more of before I can comment on it. There are a few new finishing moves I managed to discover, including the ability to throw and enemy into multiple enemies, disabling them for a short period. If you enjoyed the first, don’t miss out on this sequel. (Out Jan 2007) More on the games soon! In the meantime, I thought I would share a few exclusive pics with you from the land of the PSP… The first is the Pink PSP, which is launched in the next couple of months! Oh wait, what is that on the top of it? It’s the Camera attachment! And wait, there’s more… It’s the PSP GPS attachment! If you’re like me, I know you’ll be drooling over those very nifty gadgets which are coming….soon! Right, I’m heading back to the stands, and will be posting more later today! Ahh wait....Just for you chaps who are desperate to see booth babes, here is a very random picture of 2 of them, with Darth Vader thrown in for good measure ...
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[TrinityGB]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[TrinityGB]
Accepted Solution
I want that pink PSP:D

Glad to hear you're having fun there..!

Cheers,
0 Kudos

Re: GC in Leipzig: Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ricz1000

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Ricz1000
Accepted Solution
I want that GPS attachment!
0 Kudos

3969.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sidanator

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Sidanator
Accepted Solution
Wow.....god that pink PSP looks awful imo!. B-Boy looks cool, and as you said the graphics look amazing. Also God of War II looks incredible, I havn't played the first so I'll try and get that while I wait for January. And cool gadgets, but the GPS attachment sticks out a little too much. So I hope the camera works well and is easy to use. :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[X-Adz-X]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[X-Adz-X]
Accepted Solution
Looks fun :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrangeDonut

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
OrangeDonut
Accepted Solution
And cool gadgets, but the GPS attachment sticks out a little too much. So I hope the camera works well and is easy to use. :D Actually, there's another pic I didn't upload on here, which shows that the GPS attachment can actually fold behind the PSP, keeping it nice and neat :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BongoFrenzy

96%
02 Rank
Progress
BongoFrenzy
Accepted Solution
So, any hint of how any of the games might use the GPS gadget?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lobstar

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Lobstar
Accepted Solution
Actually, there's another pic I didn't upload on here, which shows that the GPS attachment can actually fold behind the PSP, keeping it nice and neat :) cool. do you know if you can play the music on the psp as well as use the gps?
0 Kudos

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar.png[/img] [/url]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrangeDonut

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
OrangeDonut
Accepted Solution
Unfortunately we only got to look at the units, the software and functions weren't quite ready - but we are harassing for more details! :p
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[jumpguy]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[jumpguy]
Accepted Solution
Anything on PS3 or coming up?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrangeDonut

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
OrangeDonut
Accepted Solution
I'm sorry to say, there were no playable PS3's on display, just the videos of the launch lineup.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[CrazyKid]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[CrazyKid]
Accepted Solution

Is that Darth Homer?!!!?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[MOZYB]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[MOZYB]
Accepted Solution

look at where the bounty hunters gun is pointing
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lobstar

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Lobstar
Accepted Solution
look at where the bounty hunters gun is pointing dont let a hardcore star wars fan hear you say that ;) its a stormtrooper.
0 Kudos

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Lobstar.png[/img] [/url]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Mike Welsby]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Mike Welsby]
Accepted Solution
dont let a hardcore star wars fan hear you say that ;) its a stormtrooper.

OMG OMG!!!

IT'S NOT A BOUNTRY HUNTER!! Does he look like Jango or Boba Fett? NO!!!

He's a STORMTROOPER!!

God dammit! Bloody amateurs!!!

;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
[dazza wid a psp]
Accepted Solution
Actually, there's another pic I didn't upload on here, which shows that the GPS attachment can actually fold behind the PSP, keeping it nice and neat :)
when is the psp camera coming out in the uk? i need to know!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel