CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress

Disappointed with EyePet

10 Replies 2,131 Views Created 01-02-2012
01 Feb 2012
By CAM11

Just by reading the title and getting this far you have probably already expected a bit of a rant but usually I don't like to moan but this has really got on my nerves. 

My mum owns a PS3 and wanted to get a game for her and my 3 year old sister, after looking around and asking Mr Google, EyePet was recommended as a fun game for 3 and up but when reading reviews and watching videos, they were all reviewing the early release which didn't enable Move support.

Watching the kids play EyePet without pressing any buttons was what sold us on the game because its not like my 3 year old sister would understand the controls. When you just play with the EyePet with your hands you're the controller and its more natural.

After buying the game and setting it up, its very hard for us to play EyePet without my little sister losing interest, because she wants to just play with the creatures but it instead it requires you to point the Move at the screen and go through menus!

There doesn't seem to be anyway of disabling Move and I'm extremely disappointed that its required now. 

:(

0 Kudos
LABELS:
pablologo
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress
smell_ya_l8r
Accepted Solution

@CAM11 wrote:

Just by reading the title and getting this far you have probably already expected a bit of a rant but usually I don't like to moan but this has really got on my nerves. 

My mum owns a PS3 and wanted to get a game for her and my 3 year old sister, after looking around and asking Mr Google, EyePet was recommended as a fun game for 3 and up but when reading reviews and watching videos, they were all reviewing the early release which didn't enable Move support.

Watching the kids play EyePet without pressing any buttons was what sold us on the game because its not like my 3 year old sister would understand the controls. When you just play with the EyePet with your hands you're the controller and its more natural.

After buying the game and setting it up, its very hard for us to play EyePet without my little sister losing interest, because she wants to just play with the creatures but it instead it requires you to point the Move at the screen and go through menus!

There doesn't seem to be anyway of disabling Move and I'm extremely disappointed that its required now. 

:(

There are 2 versions of the game, one where you use move and one where you use a card which the camera tracks instead.

Look at the second option here,

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=eye+pet&ispostback=1&mode=buy&refinecat=808

thats the one where you don't need move, only 3 quid too!!

0 Kudos

Re: Disappointed with EyePet

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress
CAM11
Accepted Solution

I guess we have picked up the wrong version then? 

0 Kudos

pablologo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

dam double post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Which version did you get there are 3 versions of Eyepet for PS3.

Long version

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/EyePet/EyePet-amp-Friends/m-p/14391521/highlight/true#M1402

shorter version

Eye pet 1 was to hard for children.

Eye pet, 1.5 Move edition was dumb down Eye pet 1 version with move content, this included US market release for first time. 

Eye pet and friends. (1.75)  is 2 player version and was dumb down completely as after both other versions children were still not able to complete the challenges and get content enough times. The hole previous versions system was scrapped to build a two player game.

If you did not know there were 3 versions It can't be helped if you mix up OLD videos from old versions 

0 Kudos

My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

@GraphiteGB wrote:

Which version did you get there are 3 versions of Eyepet for PS3.

Long version

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/EyePet/EyePet-amp-Friends/m-p/14391521/highlight/true#M1402

shorter version

Eye pet 1 was to hard for children.

Eye pet, 1.5 Move edition was dumb down Eye pet 1 version with move content, this included US market release for first time. 

Eye pet and friends. (1.75)  is 2 player version and was dumb down completely as after both other versions children were still not able to complete the challenges and get content enough times. The hole previous versions system was scrapped to build a two player game.

If you did not know there were 3 versions It can't be helped if you mix up OLD videos from old versions 

That's probably the reason why my EyePet is collecting dust. I bought mine buddled the PlayStation Eye and I thought, that was the latest version, but now it doesn't seem the case according to your post. The kids get bored pretty quickly with this game as I've found out after babysitting different kids of various age groups. So clearly someone at Sony didn't do any research for the product. 94% of the game was completed by myself whilst the 6% was the kids input; this was mainly due to faffing with camera position, making sure the card is placed in the right position and navigating menus. But baring in mind I'm commenting on the earlier version, so they've probably made some improvement in the later versions.

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Larasaider want to sell it to the op as thats the version they want, with the magic card.

They did test it with children but those children seamed to not be a cross population sample and were mega smart looking back now.

When it was later tested with US kids they found big problems with them, but it had been released in UK by then.......So Eyepet was Not release in US or NA...

And the UK children were not finding it easy to do ether.

Spoiler
 as were some adults.  
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

super_monty

90%
04 Rank
Progress
super_monty
Accepted Solution

My 4 year old loves it with Move, the magic is rubbish

I think its aimed mored for 5 or 6 years olds though.

0 Kudos

deadleaves
60gb

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
davey23
Accepted Solution
My niece who is 7 loves eyepet and is happiest using the move controller. She likes eyepet and friends because it means that Uncle Dave can play at the same time! The problem is that it is a bit laggy with two pets on screen but that seems to annoy me more than it does her. I do remember struggling with some of the challenges on the earlier versions - eyepet and friends is a lot easier
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FeistFan

80%
02 Rank
Progress
FeistFan
Accepted Solution

My kids dearly LOVED Eyepet and Friends...for a while. It's already starting to gather a little dust, which disappoints me.

One big culprit is having to move the camera to play. We have other Move games, and the camera can't be in the same spot for Eyepet and for ANY other game.

Another culprit is the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong load times and lockups. Thankfully the lockups aren't as frequent as they initially seemed, but they're there. I thought the load times on Modnation Racers was bad, but it's got nothing on Eyepet and Friends. Yikes. PLEASE improve this with a patch, somehow.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gam-in-g

60%
02 Rank
Progress
gam-in-g
Accepted Solution

Lol, i made the same mistake while i bought EyePet, i didn't know that the game have diff versions my mum told me to buy a game so my little sis can play she is 4.damn i guess i will order this week the seconds version.

Dead Island Riptide | Mirrors Edge | The Last Of Us

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel