braagaard

37%
02 Rank
Progress

Eyepet and Friends is full of bugs.

12 Replies 3,660 Views Created 26-11-2011
26 Nov 2011
By braagaard

Please don't buy this game, because it's so filled with bugs and errors it makes it impossible to play two players at the same time. 

The game starts fine but you get stuck either calibrating the move or when trying to hatch the eggs... It's not a freez, because the game keeps asking to do the calibrating og starting some other function. I mean didn't anybody test this game before release??

My kids are so sad, they can't play this game and we even traded in the first game when buying this.. Shame on Sony for releasing this with al the bugs and errors..

So if anybody got any idears please post... 

Things I've tried:

2 consoles (1 brand new)

2 different cameras and Move kits

Changed the ligting

Played other move games with no problem.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

mh637099

• Beta Tester
82%
08 Rank
Progress
mh637099
Accepted Solution
OK first call Sony and ask to release an update with these bugs fixed. Then if it doesnt work then you can panic.
0 Kudos

Re: Eyepet and Friends is full of bugs.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Here we go again. Same as Eye pet 1 and Eye pet Move addition.

You NEED proper lighting. No way around it. 

People live in dank dark caves with no light. 

Camera Need the Full Light spectrum sources to work with touch detection (not using move but your hands) 

0 Kudos

My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

englishgolfer

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution

@GraphiteGB wrote:

Here we go again. Same as Eye pet 1 and Eye pet Move addition.

You NEED proper lighting. No way around it. 

People live in dank dark caves with no light. 

Camera Need the Full Light spectrum sources to work with touch detection (not using move but your hands) 

that might not be the problem as the op states that he traded in the first game so he should be well aware that he needs proper lighting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

braagaard

37%
02 Rank
Progress
braagaard
Accepted Solution

The lighting is the same as when we played Eye Pet 1 (move Edition) and last time we tried it was midday, so the lighting should not be the issue.. We got it to work with one player mode, but it dosn't work if we chose 2 player???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ricky-RB-

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Ricky-RB-
Accepted Solution

I have a problem that when you play with 2 eyepets (2 move controllers) the game plays like a flipnote, its very laggy, and the movements of the shower stuff, but also when drawning or playing a minigame together is not even playable with the FPS lag im getting..

i contacted Sony support, they told me to post here on the forum, if others having the same problems like i do..

The first eyepet game was the best so far, if they make the new one FPS lag free, it might be my new best game.

Support recommended me to ask other people when they having problems with the game like issues, to call support and let them make a ticket with the complains.

I understand many games has alot of bugs and perfomance issues at the release, but dont make the same mistake Activision is doing for years now..

0 Kudos

My game motto: Have F.U.N, Be H.A.P.P.Y.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stelek

88%
02 Rank
Progress
stelek
Accepted Solution

@Ricky-RB- wrote:

I have a problem that when you play with 2 eyepets (2 move controllers) the game plays like a flipnote, its very laggy, and the movements of the shower stuff, but also when drawning or playing a minigame together is not even playable with the FPS lag im getting..

i contacted Sony support, they told me to post here on the forum, if others having the same problems like i do..

The first eyepet game was the best so far, if they make the new one FPS lag free, it might be my new best game.

Support recommended me to ask other people when they having problems with the game like issues, to call support and let them make a ticket with the complains.

I understand many games has alot of bugs and perfomance issues at the release, but dont make the same mistake Activision is doing for years now..

I have to agree here. Unfortunately this game is much worse than Eyepet the first. Very slow, extremely long loading times, freezes, etc. My kids are usually very forgiving but they're tired of trying to play this game...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
davey23
Accepted Solution
Just been trying this with my niece and although I'm not getting too many problems it is very laggy with two eyepets
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Ready2k

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Ready2k
Accepted Solution
Same here. My girls are very disappointed.
Come on Sony please sort this out via a much needed update
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FeistFan

80%
02 Rank
Progress
FeistFan
Accepted Solution

I've been timing it. We're now at 10 minutes and counting on a load screen. The PS3 isn't frozen, there are little noises in the background, but all I see is the EyePet logo. Playing with two controllers/pets, just fed and showered them, went to do training, and it didn't load. Going to quit now -- it's the kid's bedtime, and they're wasting a LOT of time.

Have noticed some lag, but tolerable. Poor hand recognition, particularly on the kids' small hands. Mostly playable, but painfully long load times. Two minutes is normal for this game. Five minutes not unheard of. Now...13 minutes and counting. I give up.

It's locked on me twice before, where nothing would work and I had to power down. This time at least I could hit the Playstation button and quit the game gracefully. It's a shame that of the 25 minutes they had to play, over half was wasted at a load screen.

Painting a pet or an outfit is virtually impossible. Point the controller correctly, hit the button correctly, and...nothing. Try again. Nothing. Try again. Nothing. Tenth try, exactly the same as the first nine tries, and suddenly..IT WORKS! Then it won't work again for another few tries. No rhyme or reason.

Maybe if we actually get to the point where we can play some more games, it will be better -- but my four daughters, INSANELY excited over finally getting EyePet (AND FRIENDS, so we can play TOGETHER!) on New Year's Day, are already getting turned off already.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

simplebob

51%
02 Rank
Progress
simplebob
Accepted Solution

I have the similar issues, two player is painful in certian areas, especially the Washing section. Framerate drops significantly and makes it awkward to play. Have experienced crashes going between areas (e.g. from drawing to toys area) where system locked up and required a reboot. General menu access (in soft block play area) is slow.

I am running latest updates for game and PS3 on a new PS3 slim.

I have not tried single player yet, but thats not why I bought this game. Overall quality in the original eyepet is far higher.

Please Sony take note and provide a new patch.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ricky-RB-

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Ricky-RB-
Accepted Solution
Singelplayer is ok, still take long to load between areas, but its better then in multiplayer..
0 Kudos

My game motto: Have F.U.N, Be H.A.P.P.Y.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BboyStokes

21%
02 Rank
Progress
BboyStokes
Accepted Solution
Unbelievable that Sony would approve the release of such an amazing idea of a game that already had a few lighting issues with the first. But have the second newer game with multi player being completely impossible to play due to freezing,ear piercing buzzing sounds that scare my kids out of the room,major slow motion when washing your pets together. The name eye pet and freinds should be eye pet and frozen. Is there a way to fix this or will we get some sort of psn credit for paying money for a game that can't deliver what was promised?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel