26%
02 Rank
Progress

FIFA 19 - EA Sports Online Game Play

4 Replies 573 Views Created 28-12-2018
28 Dec 2018
By SHArsenal_89

Hi!

Firstly, I'm a newbie to PS4 and all TV game platforms. Never been into TV or Computer Gaming but, my son has enjoyed playing on his friends PS consoles and we bought him his own PS4 for Christmas. 

I registered myself and created an account for me as the Family Manager and subsequently, a user account for my son. I set up so he could send friend requests and that seemed to be fine. When I put in the FIFA 19 disc I couldn't while my son was logged in (without any restrictions) he wasn't able to play online his account received a notification that he wasn't allowed because of something to do with the license with EA Sports, but was not given any further prompts on how to solve the issue. Only to note the web address for trouble shooting at EA Sports. Sadly I found nothing to help.

Instead I logged in to our PS4 with my user account and when I clicked on Online I was prompted to go to EA Sports and accept terms and register my account. No problem at all I was also able to play online.

I don't want my son to have to login under my account every time he wants to play online as at some point I do want to set some parental restrictions. But for now, How do I create (if I have to) a EA Sports account so he can play FIFA 19 under his own user account on our PS4?

Hoping to get an answer soon!

Best regards.

0 Kudos
LABELS: FIFA PS4
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Online play is still subject to age restrictions, doesn't matter what parental controls are in place, so this could be causing it. I don't have FIFA, and am old enough, so haven't dealt with this problem on any EA games. So just guessing it could be his age that is stopping him from being able to play, based on the info you've given there.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SHArsenal_89

26%
02 Rank
Progress
SHArsenal_89
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Hi!

Appreciate your reply and apologies for not acknowledging you sooner. When I first registered my sons account I set a whole bunch of restrictions due to his age. Talked to a family member who's big into PS4 and what kind of restrictions he had in place for his sons account. He told me his son has no restrictions, purely because he wants to play with his friends online. 

I was advised to cancel all restrictions and see what happens next. Nothing, nada! My sons account was still not permitted to play FiFA 19, and other games online using his login credentials.

The only thing I can think of trying is to delete his account completely and remove him from being a family member. Any thoughts on this? 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
SHArsenal_89
Accepted Solution

Well, you have some decisions to make...

Do you want to follow the rest of the kids who create Accounts that bypass the Age Restrictions by giving false data when creating their Accounts...  Rendering the Parental Restrictions completely useless..   You cannot control another Adult Account.

Your child would then be able to sneak out your Credit Cards and buy anything he so wishes.. and that has been done by a few as we have the Threads to prove that..  

Also, creating these Accounts with a DOB over 18 to allow him to play online is against the Terms of Service...  When detected by Sony, these Accounts are often Banned from the Network..   that would mean if he has purchased any Games, DLC..  that would all be lost.

So, you have to ask yourself what you want to do..

Protect him from the Toxic Online by leaving his Account alone and letting nature run it's course by allowing him to grow up and reach the ages required to play online..

or

Create him an Account open to everything and run the risk of Sony Banning the Account or him dipping into your Credit Cards (temptation will always be there).

His Friends at school are playing online either by reaching the required age or have simple bypassed the Age Restrictions with false DOB Accounts..  they are all running the risk of loosing their Accounts and everything associated with their Accounts...  Trophies, Game Saves and purchases.  And we have plenty of Threads to support that Sony do Ban these Accounts.

Up to you??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SHArsenal_89

26%
02 Rank
Progress
SHArsenal_89
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Hi! 

Many thanks for your reply and help. Guess there's not too much for me to think about! would rather keep it clean than take any risks. It's a shame though as it would have been fun for him to play online with his cousins and friends.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel