57%
02 Rank
Progress

Newbie to Fifa new generation

4 Replies 444 Views Created 30-11-2013
30 Nov 2013
By samphoto

Hi There

I got my PS4 yesterday, it's my first console since the PS2! Yes I know the PS3 passed me by and now i'm playing catchup.

FIFA controls!! Whoooo blown away by how many there are! I'm a little bit lost with them.

Plus I can't seem to beat anyone!! I've played 20 games against you lot online since yesterday and haven't won a single game!

I'm finding it really difficult to create chances and keep getting muscled off the ball. 

Have any of you lot got any tips.....or just keep playing?!?!

Blown away with the graphics, game play and variety of training methods! Amazingly impressed.....apart from I cant win.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Focie

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Focie
Accepted Solution
I find it exactly same, I suck on online tips badly needed, only ever had pro evo this is my first fifa but really need help
0 Kudos

Re: Newbie to Fifa new generation

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

karanda_uk

82%
05 Rank
Progress
karanda_uk
Accepted Solution

Some easy tips to help you.

DONT pull defenders out the line if possible, it creates spaces which anyone playing since FIFA12 will have been exploiting for years.

DO play the ball out wide and run at the defenders, and dont be afraid to pass back if you cant get an opening

DONT overplay in the centre of the park, too many passes or skills moves will only work if you're very good at the game. Keep it simple.

DO try long shots from time to time, try and get a slight angle - you can win corners fairly easy this way, which are a great chance to score.

DONT try and pass the ball out of defence if your opponent has a high press, booting it clear allows you to reorganise

DONT pull your keeper out all the way, every time they go through, i tend to rush them a little to try and force the shot and then release triangle. Not always effective though!

DO try different formations, personally 4-3-1-2 works for me. I know people who only go with 3-5-2 though. All about your play style.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Good advice Karanda!

Yea I don't bring keeper out.  I learnt a few years ago that people just expect you to, so I done the opposite and left him there. It usually has the effect of causing them to be confused and try a chipped shot which my keeper is in easy place to catch.

Although these days people like yourself also understand this so ya just gotta judge the style depending on how you feel the opponent will play.

I'm awful at shooting but I will say when defending, don't commit to an actual tackle, sliding or otherwise unless you are sure you have good chance of getting ball.  Otherwise you will be left out of place and leave a big gap for the striker to run into and score.  Often simply running into players tends to work for me :D

Actively anticipating their passes also helps defending as interceptions is a great way to show them who is boss and that you can read them like a book.  Forcing them to change their tactics and thus becoming more uncomfortable.

Also, if you go a goal down, just carry on as usual don't panic and go all out attack.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samphoto

57%
02 Rank
Progress
samphoto
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys thanks for the tips, I've been rolling these tips out online and I'm slowly starting to get somewhere, it's frustrating at first but I'm getting there, loads of practice is key.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel