NoUnion14

96%
03 Rank
Progress

BORG (story/idea)

2 Replies 1,036 Views Created 04-11-2009
04 Nov 2009
By NoUnion14

Been tinkering with an idea of a Borg strory/game idea..  I have a few ideas bouncing around in my empty head, would avoid the usual Star Trek mob and set mainly in the delta quadrant, gives more scope for a unrelated story....

What I am after is some more ideas and input from you guys before starting a wee project.... maybe a chapter per post idea and see where it ends...

So for now, just ideas, settings, charecters... 

One idea is a race find a weekness in the collective but dont have the technology themselves...ergo a race accross the universe to find a race that can help while the Borg hunt them down?

any more?

0 Kudos
LABELS:

Jesus said to Peter "come forth and receive eternal life". He came fifth and won a toaster!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wsquared

91%
04 Rank
Progress
wsquared
Accepted Solution

Ok I'll try and help.

How about that the race are only starting with warp tech and do not have very fast ships. (E.g. Warp 4 or 5)?

They send the best ship they have out to search for a powerful race with the tech they need. While away they get news that the borg have dectroyed their coloniesand are heading for their home planet.

So they have to choose wether to sacrafice their home for the hope of the galaxy, or die in vain with the rest of their people.

Just some random ideas.

0 Kudos

Re: BORG (story/idea)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProjectVRD

96%
06 Rank
Progress
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

Ok... to add, how about this race is a newly born civilisation of Artificial Intelligence, hence the reason why they are able to destroy the Borg but do not yet have the means to do so and hence go out looking for allies to help with thier cause.

The borg would go hell bent on assimilating AI into their collective, and AI would be hell bent on protecting itself by all means and that would mean going out there to acquire the capabilities to do so.

0 Kudos

Re: BORG (story/idea)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel