chopperjoblin

84%
02 Rank
Progress

Comic books

8 Replies 1,896 Views Created 09-07-2012
09 Jul 2012
By chopperjoblin
With the increase of superhero films being released at the cinema every year, Its an awesome time for comic book readers. And I was surprised that there wasnt a forum for this topic.
So is there are anybody on here enjoys a good read of a comic whether it's Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse etc.......
Im currently loving DC's "new 52" Batman story Night of the Owls and it's not just the writing by Scott Snyder that keeps you hooked it's Greg *****'s artwork that is absolutely brilliant at bringing the story alive before your eyes.
I read others too including all of Marvels Ultimate series (Spiderman, X-men and The Ultimates) The Punisher, Deadpool, JLA, Batman & Robin, The Avengers plus many more.

Do you enjoy talking about comics, past- upcoming events/stories, artists/writers, characters etc....if so I look forward to seeing your views on here.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mrdibbles

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Mrdibbles
Accepted Solution
Not sure if there classed as comics but i am collecting DC baton chess pieces , and with each piece you get a comic about the character have not read them yet as i thought i was to old for comics, but after buying the walking dead graphic novels im starting to think the little boy in me will never grow up.

i did see a new batman comic come out about a month ago and tried to talk my sun into having it so i could read it lol
0 Kudos

Re: Comic books

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chopperjoblin

84%
02 Rank
Progress
chopperjoblin
Accepted Solution
Your never too old for comics believe me, I worked in a comic shop for @ 5 years and I saw comics being bought by 5-60 year olds. I'm 35 and still read them. The Walking Dead series is great example that comics are not all for the kids. You've also got the DC Vertigo range, Marvel MAX.
You should take trip to a local comic shop with your son and pick some up there's some great title out at the moment.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dr_Kung

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Dr_Kung
Accepted Solution
I'm reading Essential X-men comics at the moment (the current running ones) I'm also reading stuff like Transmetropolitan, Y: The Last Man and The Walking Dead.
0 Kudos

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jones6777

91%
05 Rank
Progress
jones6777
Accepted Solution

I'm reading spider-man 2099 at the moment 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
98%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Accepted Solution
Recently read Old Man Logan,enjoyed that. Kinda fell out of reading comics apart from the odd purchase a few years back such as the Batman Nightfall series.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
Why is this epic board dead?
0 Kudos

-------------------------------
Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chopperjoblin

84%
02 Rank
Progress
chopperjoblin
Accepted Solution
@castaway666
Old Man Logan was an excellent read, got that whilst on its original run. One of Mark Millers best bits in my eyes.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
Oh, apparently not
0 Kudos

Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel