82 Replies 11,780 Views edited 01-04-2016
31 Mar 2016
By davum

Final Fantasy XV launches worldwide on September 30th 2016

Deluxe Edition

• A copy of the game
  • Exclusive SteelBook featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano
  • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV on Blu-ray
  • Bonus content: "Royal Raiment" outfit, "Masamune" weapon, and "Platinum Leviathan" car recolor

Collector's Edition

• A copy of the game
  • Exclusive SteelBook
  • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV on Blu-ray
  • Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV on Blu-ray
  • Special Soundtrack
  • Exclusive Play Arts Kai Noctis
  • Hardcover 192 page art book
  • Bonus content: "Royal Raiment" outfit, "Masamune" weapon, and "Platinum Leviathan" car recolor
  • In-game item packs: "Travel Pack," "Camera Kit," "Angler Set," and "Gourmand Set"

Preorder the game here - Final Fantasy XV

Download the demo here - Final Fantasy XV Demo

Farewell forums.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

Part 1 of the Final Fantsy XV anime

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

Great trailer from PlayStation Japan

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DreadSoup

96%
03 Rank
Progress
DreadSoup
Accepted Solution

I heard on the radio that Florence and the Machine will be doing the theme tune, a cover of Ben. E. King's Stand By Me. Never before have I been so torn... my favourite video game series ever, paired with a band whose music I simply dont get.

When I first heard the news I honestly fell into a deep depression for a moment. I was so excited for this game, hopefully ill get over it and wont let this ruin it for me.

In my initial anger I furiously browsed the web asking the important questions to google; Has Florence ever played a Final Fantasy game? Does she have a psn account or even own a playstation? Why oh why did Nobuo Uematsu depart from the series? All to no avail, in fact it seems as if I am in the minority, with most bloggers and journalists backing the move.

I enjoy a wide variety of music, from all genres, its not often a band/composer/artist rubs me the wrong way which is why this is such an issue for me. Im actually getting quite worked up writing this. 

Anyone else feel that this was a poor move on Sqaure Enixs part?

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

I didnt enjoy the stand by me cover either @DreadSoup. Im not much of a Final Fantasy fan but that song didn't suit FFVX at all

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

FFXV preorder theme (if you preorder on the playstation store)

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DreadSoup

96%
03 Rank
Progress
DreadSoup
Accepted Solution

Mmmmm, ultimate collectors edition  Its a pricy one, I only really want the Brotherhood anime that doesnt come with the deluxe edition.

During my loft endevours earlier this week I found Ninja Scrolls and Dead Leaves. Having fallen prey to the wonders of netflix and amazon prime I have neglected my collection of late. Hopefully they''ll release it seperately, time to get the fam to have a whip round for my birthday...

Also September 30th release date, very exciting, im already praying for a cold, wet winter so I can cosy down and ignore my friends for a few months.

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

Some questions answered if youre intrested @DreadSoup

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

dspug

• Beta Tester
99%
08 Rank
Progress
dspug
Accepted Solution
Well I've just played the FFXV Platinum demo. It's very pretty an'all, but if it's meant to inspire me to buy the full game it didn't do a very good job 😕
0 Kudos

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
dspug
Accepted Solution

Same to be honest

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

doryuu-DNL

94%
03 Rank
Progress
doryuu-DNL
Accepted Solution

"her voice is so Final Fantasy"

Really?! No.. And why in the Japanese version too?! You're in the middle of watching a beautiful scene, the music starts and you're thinking wow nice..but then you hear this Western artist and you're like (oh no what's this...)-end of Fantasy. To me it feels like a punch in the face.

Rikki's voice is Final Fantasy. And otherwise Koda Kumi.

Final Fantasy XV

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DreadSoup

96%
03 Rank
Progress
DreadSoup
Accepted Solution

Awesome vids @davum thanks for the links, those playstation access guys are great, really enjoy all of their content. Looks like we are getting the option of having original Japanese sound so im exstatic about that. Here's why...

One of Prompt's mid battle phrases is "Te subeta" I think the translation should be; "My bad!' or something like "Dammit, missed!" the translation they went with...  "Oh my hands are getting clammy." Cringing just writing this.

Im a huge fan of the series so the demo hyped me beyond controllable levels, looking at the trailers though the final product is looking imcomparably different. Being a fan I have to say it looks like they are getting everything right with this latest installment and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

@doryuu-DNL Completely agree, her voice could not be further from being 'Final Fantasy', its a shame but i've heard that it might only appear in the credits and not the game itself. I wasn't a fan of Leona Lewis' song for the English version of FFXIII.

Bring back Nobuo san and just do everything in MIDIs, that would be fun. 

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
davum
Accepted Solution

Final Fantasy XV

Farewell forums.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DreadSoup

96%
03 Rank
Progress
DreadSoup
Accepted Solution

Only just found out today about the platinum demo... my Sunday evening nicely sorted 

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DreadSoup

96%
03 Rank
Progress
DreadSoup
Accepted Solution

So yeh the platinum demo, strange stuff. @dspug I agree its very beautiful, the spells you can cast as Young Noctis are dazzling, the environments are also very detailed and full of shiny loveliness. It was a bit of a shock to the system though, more of a literal demonstration of what the game might look like, showing off the weather and light graphics, playing around with the physics and testing the interactive environments, something very new for the final fantasy series. 

Im refering to the dining room sequence here, where you can change into various automobiles. Knocking over the toys was fun but I got stuck a few times inside Noctis' head and got some very wierd views of the inside of his model. Ive never seen anything like this in a Final Fantasy game.

They are really striving to create a very immersive experience with this game, something thats trending now with Japanese companies. We saw it first, but not to the same extent, with MGSV with the release of a 'prequel' in the form of Ground Zeroes, and now with FFXV we are seeing an entire, I hesitate to use the word lifestyle, forming around this installment.

There's the app which supports the minigame, a 5 part animation thanks @davum for posting part 1, a movie - Kingsglaive, the two demos and of course all the usual merchandise and themes etc. Im really getting into it, I have already cleared my calendar and will enjoy my pre game ritual of watching the anime and the moive before attempting to tame the beast itself. Bring it on.  

Back to the platinum demo, I actually prefered the battle system in Episode Duscae, I had my swords which I could interchange depending on how I wanted to attack, I had my super kool, glowly dodge move, my jump and roll commands and the Armiger limit break. It was a bit fiddly trying to run around with the left stick (yes I cant spell analoge....analoug....analogue) and at the same time tap the d-pad for my spells. I also couldn't remember which spell/sword was assigned to which button.

We saw this in the recent game play trailer where the team infiltrate a base, I personally preferred the Duscae controls but Im sure the final decision will be made carefully and with good reasoning. Dont take the Platinum Demo as an indication of what the game will be like, I'm fairly confident that it just a fun little crash test and as a series long fan I'm positive that it does not represent how the finished product will play out. I have to say though I am even more intruiged by this installment and to be quite honest I have no idea what's going to happen next.

Hanging on the edge of my seat...

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tristan-Tres

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Tristan-Tres
Accepted Solution

Looks so amazing! Can't wait for Sept 30th! Although finding a copy of the Ultimate Edition in Australia is being as difficult as killing Ozma! 

0 Kudos

Final Fantasy XV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
96%
14 Rank