93%
05 Rank
Progress

Put your questions to FirstPlay for the OPM Podcast

[ Edited ]
21 Replies 1,661 Views edited 30-04-2010
30 Apr 2010
By TehRadge

As FirstPlay is brought to you by the makers of the Official PlayStation Magazine, the show gets plenty of attention on their regular podcast.

The team are looking for your questions to be pitted towards them for their next broadcast.  So if you want to know more about them, the show, the magazine, upcoming games they may be playing, whatever you feel you need to ask then leave your questions here.

Keep an eye on that above link or subscribe to them on iTunes to prepare for the next podcast.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CaptainCortez

97%
07 Rank
Progress
CaptainCortez
Accepted Solution

Question to the OPM Team: Are you a fan of old school Eastwood westerns, and will we be seeing you in the world of Red Dead Redemption? I want to hogtie Rachel and sell her for gold! :p

0 Kudos

Re: Put your questions to FirstPlay for the OPM Podcast

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akira_Tenshi

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution

What are the future plans for Firstplay, and do you feel gamers reactions towards it have been positive?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BasketSnake

96%
02 Rank
Progress
BasketSnake
Accepted Solution
Why the name FirstPlay?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dylanireland

92%
06 Rank
Progress
dylanireland
Accepted Solution
Will there be any more mini's give-aways or anything else special such as games, dynamic theme's etc?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RFC2007

90%
05 Rank
Progress
RFC2007
Accepted Solution
Can we expect to see more free dlc in weeks to come? this should be a regular feature instead of every now and again. theres bound to be something you can throw in every week.

Also, can you publish more user created content like your top 10 fifa goals feature, like best wipeout hd photo's, lbp levels, modnation characters, just cause 2 footage etc, every single week, as these are free for you to use, and i dont see what stops you from choosing 10 fifa goals a week? it would just add a bit more content to your episodes.

What about throwing in a link to a digital comic version of the opsm mag every month as its released, at say £3.99? noone really needs those demo discs anymore.

What about having a whole section dedicated to hints,tips cheats and so on, and screenshots of maps to certain games which are saveable to your hdd?

these are probably more just my ideas, rather than questions, but i feel that although i enjoy firstplay, it feels a bit bare at the moment. i will continue to support it, but would like to see it expand in the near future.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

addyjones1234

90%
04 Rank
Progress
addyjones1234
Accepted Solution
Do you plan to include some written material at all? I still like the old OPM but feel there should be a combination of footage and written stuff!

Do you find FirstPlay fun to create?

Why did you choose to use the system you do, ie, download a new episode every week rather than a client that downloads the latest content when you enter it every week?

FirstPlay rocks :P
0 Kudos

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
1 Qore the US version of First play is monthly instead of weekly. why did you go to a weekly release system.

2 It been posted before that download content will be for weekly users as we'll as 3 month subscribers what system do you have in place to stop the same thing happening as In the US were BETA downloads became for subscribers only, to force up your 3 months subscribers, as users were only buying the single issues with the beta in it.

3 While your creating firstplay content who's doing your old jobs.

4 Do you still get Game discs for review that have level jumps and cheat mode menus in them still

5 Are you going to Use photos of the Japanese versions of games to beat dead lines as done in OPM2 before.

just a few of the top of my head.

0 Kudos

My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FootieGamerUK

96%
04 Rank
Progress
FootieGamerUK
Accepted Solution
Eugh. I was hoping FirstPlay would be kept seperate to the podcast.
0 Kudos

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Drbuckles

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Drbuckles
Accepted Solution

Thanks for all the questions guys. I'll get a link to you when it goes live. We'll try to answer and many questions as possible but if we don't get to them all, we will answer your question in this thread

0 Kudos

drbuckles

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
Hey DrBuckles :) Hope I dont seem too rude asking this but... Is there anyway or any plans to make it so we can shut up Lucy Porter? :|
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution
Try the mute button....
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
I'd like to hear the game, not the commentary ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution
Questions for the Podcast:

Why does most of the Team avoid discussing Oblivion when it was and still is one of the best RPG's on the PS3? :P
Who has to make the tea in the Office?
Excluding Haze, if you could go back in Time and stop a game from being released, which game would you choose?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TehRadge

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
TehRadge
Accepted Solution

Check the links in my firs post.  The new podcast is up and a couple of you have your questions answered.

I have a question though.

A lot of the guys here on the forums like to make montages of their gaming escapades in shooters and whatnot.  My question is what software and hardware do you use to capture footage for your wonderful features?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution

@TehRadge wrote:

Check the links in my firs post.  The new podcast is up and a couple of you have your questions answered.

I have a question though.

A lot of the guys here on the forums like to make montages of their gaming escapades in shooters and whatnot.  My question is what software and hardware do you use to capture footage for your wonderful features

Most use Capture cards such as Dazzle which record in SD or if they have some spare cash to capture HD most buy the Hapaugge HD PVR.

For editing people use either Windows movie maker,Camtasia,Sony Vegas ore an adobe editing program mainly.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
@ yaster yep they answered the easy ones. guess only time will tell for the rude finance questions.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My PS4 Life was an EU service only and not for any other region of account. Service was IP address geo/location blocked. service has been shut down in EU

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

From SIEE blog "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." for firmware 4.50

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required. Java script failure in remote play at login is IE render engine setting in IE security set to off... turn it on...

Finaly got my Beta badge back took long enough...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

Will you be doing a full review of mafia 2 and if so when can we expect it?

0 Kudos

"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BasketSnake

96%
02 Rank
Progress
BasketSnake
Accepted Solution

Do you think you'd really get into level creating in LBP2 with tools made easier to use and all the new improvements? Do any of you think you're ready to invest 100 hours + to make something good? What did you always want to make that you never did because you found the create tools too hard to use for example? I've been wanting to create a chainsaw....

Okay so that wasn't really FirstPlay related but I'm listening to your podcast and I remember you talking about LBP2.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sidiie

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Sidiie
Accepted Solution

Hi ya,

Will be quick. 

If someone was on long term illness / disability is there an assistance program available from PS???

Like if I could do some Beta Testing, trials, discounts, anything!!!!

I can proof f needed what I have, prefer not too to disclose it publicly.

All the best Sidi

N.B. Currently own a PS1, PS2, PSP, and waiting on the PS3 to be delivered. Have to shop online. Not allowed outside due to a weak immune system.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution

@Sidiie wrote:

Hi ya,

Will be quick. 

If someone was on long term illness / disability is there an assistance program available from PS???

Like if I could do some Beta Testing, trials, discounts, anything!!!!

I can proof f needed what I have, prefer not too to disclose it publicly.

All the best Sidi

N.B. Currently own a PS1, PS2, PSP, and waiting on the PS3 to be delivered. Have to shop online. Not allowed outside due to a weak immune system.

Cheers

Sorry theres no assistance program currently available. atleast not from sony..

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel