young_hastings

80%
02 Rank
Progress

Folklore...Why no trophy support??

7 Replies 8,861 Views Created 09-07-2008
09 Jul 2008
By young_hastings

sony have done a great job with the 2.4 update they managed to get xmb working in game aswell as the addition of trophies which i find brilliant, but there is a serious lack of support for it not just from 3rd party devs but from sony too.

sony made folklore yet it has no trophy support. if sony arent going to support the games that come from them what hope do we have of 3rd party devs putting up trophy support?

sony made the ps3 and trophies. this means that sony had the tools needed to make trophy patches for games before anyone else did why couldnt sony have a trophy patch ready ready for folklore at the launch of 2.4? even now there is still no word of it getting them.

sony might say well the game is old and there is no point, well what kind of attitude would this be toward a new feature that they should be trying to promote and get up and running for all ps3 users. if sony dont bother then other devs arent going to bother.

i think its mad that sony are boasting that resistance 2 and motorstorm 2 are going to have trophies. they are being released in NOVEMBER. now dont get me wrong super stardust hd is a good game but come on it isnt that good and it doesnt have many trophys. what are we supposed to do to get trophies until november if all we get are the odd small psn game with trophy support? yes we will play games but why add a trophy feature to the ps3 if there are no games to suopport it

now i bow down to criterion and incognito for adding support when the trophy creators wont. but insomniac have refused to do it which is pretty bad on their part, we all bought resistance and made it a great selling game yet they have just abandoned it along with ratchet and clank how many more devs are going to refuse to support trophys?

my main question is why doesnt folklore have trophies? and why arent sony doing anything about the lack of them?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheEye5

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TheEye5
Accepted Solution
i 2nd that! folkore sold many copies on the ps3 ( i think on vgchartz they say around 1 million or 1/2 million i forgot ) n it deserves it... even today i see some players playing folklore on the psn ... it's a gr8 game n it deserves it... i am thinkin of gettin RSV2 or folklore n if folklore gets trophy support , i am buyin it for sure.
0 Kudos

Re: Folklore...Why no trophy support??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SlapnutzUK

80%
02 Rank
Progress
SlapnutzUK
Accepted Solution

Hands up all those who want the developers to spend time on the games they are currently working on rather then titles a year old??? :)

Guys the "trophies" for games like Burnout Paradise and Uncharted are already there, the devs are just going to release a patch to link them into the real trophy system. You can bet your bottom dollar that Uncharted Medals and Burnouts "awards" will become the trophies.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Booly666

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Booly666
Accepted Solution

@SlapnutzUK wrote:

Hands up all those who want the developers to spend time on the games they are currently working on rather then titles a year old??? :)

Guys the "trophies" for games like Burnout Paradise and Uncharted are already there, the devs are just going to release a patch to link them into the real trophy system. You can bet your bottom dollar that Uncharted Medals and Burnouts "awards" will become the trophies.

I'll second that mate. I would much rather them spend all their time making Resistance 2 the best it can be, rather than wasting valuable development adding Trophy support. The only reason developers would add trophy to support to old games would be to make suckers buy the game for no other reason than to make their collection of trophies bigger. Anyone who wanted to play Folklore would have done so by now and the same goes for Resistance.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akira_Tenshi

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution
How many people would be willing to play through Folklore again? It is a god game but personally i see little reason to play through again. I thought it got quite boring towards the end. Trophies would be good for anyone new to the game but the question is are people still buying Folklore?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

young_hastings

80%
02 Rank
Progress
young_hastings
Accepted Solution

i dont want to replay folklore its a once off kinda game but if it were to get trophy support i would definetly replay the game maybe even twice to get them all. it needs trophys. i feel folklore is a waste of a game. it was good but for some reason i really dont want to play it again.....unless it has trophys.

trophy support would definetly lift copies of the game. since its a sony studio then im sure they can get a team of 10 and spend 1 day which is all it takes to make a trophy patch for folklore. i think its worth waiting an extra day for the release of the game they are working on to release a folklore trophy patch

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dayle92

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Dayle92
Accepted Solution
I feel that the replayability in Folklore is slightly dim, but, compared to the trophy support update (in theory) and a possible difficulty level option, I wouldn't mind perusing through it again. It should be done.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheEye5

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TheEye5
Accepted Solution

@young_hastings wrote:

sony have done a great job with the 2.4 update they managed to get xmb working in game aswell as the addition of trophies which i find brilliant, but there is a serious lack of support for it not just from 3rd party devs but from sony too.

sony made folklore yet it has no trophy support. if sony arent going to support the games that come from them what hope do we have of 3rd party devs putting up trophy support?

sony made the ps3 and trophies. this means that sony had the tools needed to make trophy patches for games before anyone else did why couldnt sony have a trophy patch ready ready for folklore at the launch of 2.4? even now there is still no word of it getting them.

sony might say well the game is old and there is no point, well what kind of attitude would this be toward a new feature that they should be trying to promote and get up and running for all ps3 users. if sony dont bother then other devs arent going to bother.

i think its mad that sony are boasting that resistance 2 and motorstorm 2 are going to have trophies. they are being released in NOVEMBER. now dont get me wrong super stardust hd is a good game but come on it isnt that good and it doesnt have many trophys. what are we supposed to do to get trophies until november if all we get are the odd small psn game with trophy support? yes we will play games but why add a trophy feature to the ps3 if there are no games to suopport it

now i bow down to criterion and incognito for adding support when the trophy creators wont. but insomniac have refused to do it which is pretty bad on their part, we all bought resistance and made it a great selling game yet they have just abandoned it along with ratchet and clank how many more devs are going to refuse to support trophys?

my main question is why doesnt folklore have trophies? and why arent sony doing anything about the lack of them?

heyy young_hastings, remember me? :) i added u before on psn then my account was hacked n some1 deleted u from my account! i'll add u now matey! :P
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel