100%
16 Rank
Progress

'News' Thieving Gits Fortnite

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 315 Views edited 19-12-2018
19 Dec 2018
By WinnieP

I never realised Fortnite had never asked anyones permission to use "their" dance moves.

Someone's in trouble. 

"Carlton" Sueing

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-12-18-fresh-princes-carlton-sues-fortnite-for-copying-his-legenda...

"Backpack-Kid" Suing

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-12-19-floss-dance-creator-backpack-kid-suing-fortnite-now-too?__t...

LABELS: Fortnite
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Not what I expected from this thread, but glad I clicked. Interesting thing to keep an eye on. (By which .I mean I expect some updates from Winnie in this thread as things progress)

Thieving Gits - Fortnite

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Whoa.

Are you knocking my thread title ,and then suggesting I don't keep my threads updated? 

I was gona mention the lady I ripped all this from but couldn't see her PSN at a glance. 

0 Kudos

Thieving Gits - Fortnite

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Can you blame me for thinking this was one of those "I bought V-bucks but never got them" kinda threads?

To be fair, I was on PC at the time, so could see who created the thread, and would've known better had I looked at that. Also the fact that it was posted in the correct board should have told me its someone who know their way aroubd here, thus (likely);seen all that stuff already to know the ins ajd outs of it.

As for the updating the thread part. Its something I tend to do, post about a game, then ignore the thread unless there is some big news about it. But I tend to only post the small games that no one cares about, that still deserve a mention. davum beats everyone with the big titles.

So, in short. I'm sorry I doubted you

Thieving Gits - Fortnite

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

Upon reflection I'll give you that, the lot n all. 

Yea if you've managed to create a game related thread out of davums scraps, then we're almost definitely going to be 95% at least talking to ourselves. 

0 Kudos

Thieving Gits - Fortnite

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Snozzlenut

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution

There was somebody else that started their lawsuit before these two. Didn't know who he was so now I can't remember. I'll search it out.

2 Milly - https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2018/12/2-milly-sues-fortnite-for-copying-dance-move

I'm starting to feel like maybe a lawyer say the potential for suing and is now seeking out everyone who has dances in this game. Cos The Carlton is in loads of games and no one cared before. Also, backpack kid stole that dance in the first place. So that will go nowhere.

0 Kudos

Thieving Gits - Fortnite

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel