21%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 - Epic Games : Handle discrepancy

0 Replies 80 Views Created 2 weeks ago
30 Dec 2019
By PapaTwis

Hi,

In May 2018 I got my son a PS4 and setup a parent account for me and a kid account for him. Next I got PS+ which went on my account and then through the PS4 we created a fortnite account which my son used under my handle.

He wanted to change the name to his own handle so I logged into Epic Games a couple of weeks ago and changed the handle to what he wanted and on the PC everything referenced the new handle, but on the PS4 it only has the old handle. On the PC while logged into Epic Games. If I go to accounts, it is only linked to PSN and the name shown is the old one. So I thought okay, I will just disconnect from PSN and reconnect. When I went to disconnect there was a warning that purchases and progress would be lost. My 9 year old had a melt down at the thought of losing his skins and kills. 

So my questions are:

1. Can I have my sons new handle on the PS4 for Fortnite with out him losing all the stuff he has earned through the PS4? How?

2. So on PS4 my sons handle is old but on Epicgames it is New. How do people find him if they are on PC/Switch/Xbox? Do they use old or new? What about people on PS4?

3. My other son has his own Epic - PC fortnite account and he plays on the PC. Can he also log on and play on the PS4, ie on the same PS4 play under 2 Fortnite accounts? How?

Thanks in advance

PapaTwis

0 Kudos
LABELS: Fortnite
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel