02 Rank
Progress

Welcome to GAMOCRACY!

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 6,031 Views edited 17-02-2011
15 Feb 2011
By KloudShun

The Game Created by the Official PlayStation Community and The Bearded Ladies

The PlayStation Community Team and The Bearded Ladies are giving you a unique chance to design elements of an upcomming game. Gameocracy takes democracy to the next level - this is your chance to get those burning ideas out and into a game, with no need for development experience!

Over the next 8 weeks, we'll be setting you challenges which will see you create concepts and ideas for The Bearded Ladies' Action Platformer game. We're going to get you to do all the fun stuff - narrative, heroes, baddies, bosses and even level designs. Be the person or team who gets their idea into the game, and you'll be creditted!

Below is a list of each of the challenges and the week they will begin. Each challenge runs from Friday - Wednesday, so make sure you keep an eye on this board to avoid missing out.

• Week One - The People Need a Hero! | Story & Protagonist
  • Week Two - TBA
  • Week Three - TBA
  • Week Four - TBA
  • Week Five - TBA
  • Week Six - TBA
  • Week Seven - TBA
  • Week Eight - TBA

Remember this - GAMEOCRACY is not a competition. It's a collaborative effort between OPC and The Bearded Ladies! As such, we've set some guidance as to how you should go about submitting your ideas:

1. Use new threads!
Don't post your ideas here! Jump back out into the main forum and start a new thread. Make sure you make it clear which week you're idea is for - we suggest you place a tag in the subject line like this: [Week One] McVities the Heroic Buscuit!

2. Colloborate! We don't mind if you work alone or as a group to conceive your designs. Either way, you should always invite others to feedback on your ideas. Who knows? You might get some good tips from other people :)

3. Credit yourselves! If you're working alone - make sure you credit yourself in your final design. If you're a group - come up with a group or team name and use that for the credits.

4. PEGI 12. The game will be rated PEGI 12 - therefore, don't base any of your designs around graphic violence. Think of the children!

5. Making it final. Whatever you come up with, we have one request. Your final design should be submitted as an image in the JPG format that is no larger than 520 x 1024 px. Here's a final design for reference:

Once you've submitted your final design, The Bearded Ladies will trawl the forum and pick out the best. A vote will then take place on The Bearded Ladies fan page for you to decide which design gets used in the game! Here's a handy image showing you the whole process:

Now then, one final word on submitting ideas and designs. Our legal team have asked us to emphasise the following - so it's in bold, red writing!

Once you submit your ideas to our forum, they are then free to be used by us or The Bearded Ladies in ANY manner, including in any other games and without any obligation to you. So, if your idea is secret and you would like to keep it that way, we advise you NOT to post it.

So! Now it's over to you. Week One is live now - just follow this link to read the challenge, then get to creating!

Good luck,

MB

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
You've stolen my Weekend for the next few weeks :p
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to GAMOCRACY!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cloudedpaul

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Cloudedpaul
Accepted Solution
ok i have my idea but i have done the whole game so how do i submit it? do i just do lots of pics or just one at a time?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

@Cloudedpaul wrote:
ok i have my idea but i have done the whole game so how do i submit it? do i just do lots of pics or just one at a time?

Clouded,

You'll need to separate the game and post it according to our challenges. Remember - this is a collaborative effort, no one person will decide the fate of the game!

I suggest you separate your idea out into smaller chunks. Start this week by posting your hero!

MB

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cloudedpaul

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Cloudedpaul
Accepted Solution

ok here is my main character ZERO, for a concept game called "hero to zero" i hope i have done this right

ZEROtm.jpg

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
35%
02 Rank
Progress
ExtremeGamer1995
Accepted Solution
So it starts of with a lumber jack ( possibly called Jack) who has to cut down trees to solve puzzles. But then as soon as it gets boring the 'dark forest' puts a curse on jack and he turns into a tree. He now has new abilities and his lumberjack friends from the start are now his enemies. As he shimmys along he passings from dense forest to housing estate to city. In the city the enemies become tougher and he uses his roots to attack police officers and lumber jacks as crowds of screaming people run away. He realises that everyone's scared of him so he spreads his plant seeds in the city and it suddenly turns into thick jungle full of colour and life. Which unlocks his next ability to disguise himself as if part of the scenery and the ability to shoot seeds. flamethrowers are pulled out and the city goes up in flames he now has to save his family. Which he obviously does and his daughter runs over to hug jack an he suddenly turns back to himself then his daughter says "I love you dad" to which jack replies "I love you to tree hugger"
0 Kudos

lumberjacks

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

ExtremeGamer and Cloudedpaul, your ideas rock!

You should both start a new thread so that everyone can discuss your brain juice and give you feedback :) Just go here, and hit the "New Message" button in the top left. Also - dont forget to read the rules on submitting final designs!

0 Kudos

Re: lumberjacks

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EddyPryce

30%
02 Rank
Progress
EddyPryce
Accepted Solution

Hello,

I don't have a character (hero) yet, only a concept at the moment.

This is the idea:

Concept name: Butterfly Effect

Each level begins with a cutscene. This is an important scene.

This can be a good or bad event.

For example you see the hero die. This is the end of the level.

After the scene the level starts. Its up to you to change the past en make sure the hero survives when you reach that scene. The game has to be difficult enough that first time play isn't a succes.

You need to find out wat to do to survive. Because changing the past is difficult. Maybe you have a bright idea but you die at a different way. The key to succes learning form your mistakes and find out the one (and only) way to succes, and surviving the level.

This is only one example. You can create very different situations.

Also a scene you need to accomplish, because it's a positive event.

I hope you like the basic idea. It can be used for different kind of gameplay elements (game genres)

Grtzzz

0 Kudos

Concept: Butterfly Effect

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gefers56

27%
02 Rank
Progress
gefers56
Accepted Solution

Будующее, на Земле правит матриархат, в пирамиде Хеопса был найден артефакт, с помощью которого можно телепортироваться с одной планеты на другую, в итоге век звездолётов забыт и они никому ненужны. На каждом материке Земли правит женщина, и правит именно на том материке на котором она родилась, выбирают этих женщин по длине бороды, чтобы показать что они мудры и сильны, и смогут хорошо править своим материком. На дворе уже 2138 год, и всё бы нечего, но артефакт исчез, кто его украл, зачем и где он теперь никто не знает, но известно лишь то, искать этот артефакт будут именно эти 5 женщин, на старом звездолёте, ведь они мудры и сильны.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JamesWolf

21%
02 Rank
Progress
JamesWolf
Accepted Solution

my submission is for week one :

First off i have a couple of ideas, but ill put in the really hard one first.. i think it would be cool if you could use characters from other games "no matter how old the game is", to use that character to save the world sort of speak, or to help a friend on any game.. Yeah I know it might not happen, but at least its really different.. lol

The second thing I would like to see is something like "Brutal Legend", with Move compatibility, and maybe instruments that look the same as they do in the game.. lol yeah its a bit Wacked, but mi sure people would flock to something like that...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NickJamesWalton

28%
02 Rank
Progress
NickJamesWalton
Accepted Solution

Enzure

Enzure -The main character - Away We Go!

Away_We_Go_environment&character_basic_versionIntroduction & Background

The concept is based around a young boy and his imagination. As he enters his own mind becoming lost in a world of fantasy and adventure.

The player controls Enzure from a side-scrolling perspective. Enzure primarily fights with a flaming torch; he can also use projectile weapons, fire, and other magic spells including his flying fairy no doubt.  The control scheme is used by targeting your mouse over an object or enemy which then latches to the subject, this is called z-targeting. When using this technique it allows Enzure to use his Projectile spells automatically directing his attacks at a single targets requiring no manual aiming, although this might not always be necessary as some obstacles have no need for this.

The game will include all the initial simulates as previous games have used in the past and to this date such as Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog; enabling the player to do as he/she pleases. It’ll be possible to control jumps and falls from platforms or miss jumps if the player misinterprets due to its “jumping puzzles” but also including al whole new way of look at game-play with a nice looking environment to go along side it! 

The player must navigates thought difficult and diverse level’s defeating enemies, obtaining fruits (some sort of point system);  jump static objects whilst; avoid getting hit, which could lead Enzure to his death.

away_we_go_basicdrawingboard.jpg

0 Kudos

[Week One] The idea: Away We Go!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GRUNT_LEGEND

21%
02 Rank