50%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport - Lost Progress

49 Replies 6,249 Views Created 09-11-2017
09 Nov 2017
By Narrox

Hi,

Where do I report bugs and issues with GT Sport?

My driving school 'missions' have suddenly gone back in time. It does still show me as first compared to my friends, with a time that should have given me gold, yet I have no medal...

This is seriously an annoying issue!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaredKc

54%
02 Rank
Progress
JaredKc
Accepted Solution

that happened for me too. yesterday, level 14. today - level 13.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

If you haven't overwritten your PSN uploaded copy, then you should be able to download it and carry on from there.

Otherwise, your content may be permanently gone.

Get in the habit of making your own external back-up copies of important game saves at critical points, such as after you own all cars.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaredKc

54%
02 Rank
Progress
JaredKc
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

sorry, but this is isn't 1999. When you have cloud save games should easily use this, come on...

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
JaredKc
Accepted Solution

Yes... the Cloud is great for many things... but don't you think it's a good idea to have a copy, just in case something were to go wrong..

I'm with @MastrGT and would rather have a backup made.

Going to do mine now, while thinking about it.

We shall both be safeguarding our Progress...   It's your choice at the end of the day!!

Ava

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

The problem with the on-line back-up is that it can disappear without our control. As soon as we run GT, I remember it uploading the local copy. If it has a problem, then p o o f - gone - if we don't have our own copy.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Yes...  I did have an issue with the Cloud with DiRT Rally one time,  had to use the backup, so only lost a few days of progress....   it is the wise approach.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

I agree and have so ever since GT5 Prologue, but I am also a realist in that we do what we have to do to protect our progress.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kevindej

42%
02 Rank
Progress
kevindej
Accepted Solution

Did you manage to get your cars back? I am having this issue right now.. lost every car!!

Can't play anything anymore, all my progress is still there but the cars are all missing.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
98%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
kevindej
Accepted Solution

Hi mate.

Have you had any luck?

I would copy my consoles progress save file to either the cloud or USB drive (or both) as backup, and then delete that file from the console.

Then start up GT Sport and see if downloading the server save file (it will prompt) fixes the situation.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kevindej

42%
02 Rank
Progress
kevindej
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Hey! I just tried, but no luck :( millions of dollars worth on cars gone and a 158 hours of collecting cars for exactly nothing. Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
98%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
kevindej
Accepted Solution

Bummer.  

Sorry, I didn't realise it had already been mentioned in the thread.

It's quite a weird bug, to hold Credits, Level, etc., but lose cars from the garage.

Sorry mate, but there's nothing else I can think of to help.

GT Sport - Lost Progress

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

97%
04 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

GT Sport saves progress online; we need to be connect to internet in order to save progress. We can check (partially) what is saved online from GT Sport Community Web Site

Although progress is saved online (Driver and Sportmanship ratings, credits, mileage, etc) there are also local save file (two, one with settings and another with data).  In local files we have for example local time/results and our custom liveries that we can edit.

In order to be on safe we should maintain a backup for GT Sport local save files.

The main reason for saving progress online was explained before launch "In order to ensure fair racing for all, GT Sport will require an internet connection for the majority of functionality. This connectivity requirement is to ensure that progress, car availability and driver ratings are properly maintained at all times.".

Initially we only have access to Arcade Mode when offline; they have addressed some limitations on this as of version 1.06 and more areas of the game are available (campaign and scapes), but again progress is always saved / maintained online.

References:
* GT Sport Update 1.06
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4843004.html

* 8 things you need to know about Gran Turismo Sport before you start racing
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/09/14/8-things-you-need-to-know-about-gran-turismo-sport-before...

* New Gran Turismo Sport content arrives 27/11, including new cars & game features
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/22/new-gran-turismo-sport-content-arrives-2711-including-new...

GT Sport - Lost Progress

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andynthomas

24%
02 Rank
Progress
andynthomas
Accepted Solution

This has happened to me the other day. I’ve dropped to lvl 14 from 18, I’m back to stage 2 on the missions, yet when i go back to play them my original time is there but no trophy. I can’t play stage 3,4,5 missions as I haven’t completed stage 2 (of course) yet my times are also still there (I’ve checked on my father in laws account). So frustrating as my driver profile recognises that I’ve been driving everyday but have lost data 😡😡 any ideas ?

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dani571

31%
02 Rank
Progress
dani571
Accepted Solution

after the new update last night I've lost upto 3 weeks of play. back down to level 27!!!! I 100% of the game and not back to nothing!!!!!!

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BillyGalbreath

29%
02 Rank
Progress
BillyGalbreath
Accepted Solution

Same thing happened to my son. Twice now, actually. First time it happened he was very discouraged and didn't play the game again for nearly a month. With this last time, I think he's done.

Even in his activity feed you can see his level 20 milestone earned twice (nearly a month apart).

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Narrox

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Narrox
Accepted Solution

Local saves and/or online saves doesn't really matter... Polyphony have messed up progress saving!

My Playstation is always connected to the internet and it is connected with a cable on a 500/500 Mbit fiber line...
I have yet to start playing again since my loss of progress. The lack of acknowledgement and real support channels made me lose all interest in the game! And apparently we still risk losing progression.

If local save files include campaign mode, then it must include some from of progress now?
I understand why driver and Sportmanship ratings should be kept online. I even understand why credits and mileage should be kept online, but if campain mode now works offline, then credits and mileage must also be saved offline by now?

I'm sure none of my progress loss is due to a bad local save. I rather believe that the update Polyphony released messed up some online save data.

If the GT Sport servers were down for maintenence or the connection was temporarily lost when I quit, then they failed to alert this is a user friendly way! And you should never be forced to manually click 'Save' for cloud saves, that should be an automatic feature that notifies you if it fails and why it failed.

It's 2018 now! The game should save automatically! If it fails to save automatically, then it would also fail when you save manually by clicking the button. An automatic save should do EXACTLY the same thing as the button does. It just happens constantly or if something has changed!

No matter how you put it, this can only be the fault of Polyphony and the lack of support is quite sad!

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Narrox

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Narrox
Accepted Solution

If the game simply said.
"Warning, connection to the GT Sport servers could not be established. Progress won't be saved!"

Then I wouldn't have played, and if lack of connectivity really is the problem, then I wouldn't have lost any progression! 

Lets say the connection is dropped a few races before I quit, what would/should the result be? Well, thanks to online-auto-saving, you should only lose progress during the time where there's no connection!

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miguinsu

87%
02 Rank
Progress
miguinsu
Accepted Solution

I also lost progress, but in different way.

I was playing and game crashed, then I reload game and when main menu get upgrade to lvl 50 but lost all game credits and kilometers points.

I call PS4 support and they told me to do a lot a useless things (reinstall game, restart licenses, upload old save from cloud, restore PS4..) nothing work.

After all, they told me they can do anything, so, they make us save game progress online, and if they service fail, they don't care about it, what kind of joke is this? :(

Now, If I want to recover my progress, there is only one thing I can do, play again until get it... but thinking thst in any moment I can lost it all again... what a ***** service..

So, real only thing I can do, is not buy any other PlayStation product, bucause they don't care about costumers.

Hope any of you get these kind of problem, because you feel really cheated.IMG-20180213-WA0028.jpeg

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
miguinsu
Accepted Solution

That is genuinely bad luck. However, by the sound of things perhaps this thread here might cover your problem.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/GT-Sport-no-credits-99-999-milege-points-and-glitche...

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

evtimovp

34%
02 Rank
Progress
evtimovp
Accepted Solution

Same happened to me last evening. Half of my progress in driving school and all my missions progress is gone. Ahahaha, this is so lame. Software becomes more and more buggy and unreliable every day... Don’t know if it is sony or polyphony to blame and actually it does not matter - this game is blacklisted from now on. And the funniest part - the GT web site does not seem to have a support section or any means of getting in touch with anybody whom you can talk to in case you’re having issues with the product. This is ridiculous and definitely not what i paid for.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

remak310

53%
02 Rank
Progress
remak310
Accepted Solution

My 8 year old just had this happen to him. He went from lvl 27 back to lvl 19 and lost all the money he was saving for a Cobra. He had about $1.8m and now he has about $352,000. He was in tears.

0 Kudos

GT Sport - Lost Progress

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel