46%
02 Rank
Progress

GT: Sport - Online races penalties

[ Edited ]
142 Replies 11,244 Views edited 23-10-2017
23 Oct 2017
By JonssonThree

While GT sport is a tremendous update in online races since earlier iterations of the game, there are a few things that just ruin the experience for me. I acknowledge that not every race is going to be perfect and perhaps the sportsmanship rating takes a while to separate the players who intend to steer clear from other cars and those that don't really care as long as they get ahead (it's still too early for me to tell). 

However, I feel like those that ram into other players should get penalized a lot more harshly than they currently are. Either by giving them a hard slow down period (10+ sec) where they're forced to slow down instantly as opposed to the softer slow down some time during the race effect currently in place. While this may still ruin that race for the player getting rammed into, the racer that rammed him/her, would at least fall behind enough for other racers to be spared. 

Or another alternative would be to increase the ghost mode sensitivity, which is an excellent feature. I for one would appreciate the ghost mode to activate a lot easier, to where a racer coming in too hot would instantly get ghosted to save other racers from getting thrown back simply for going at the correct speed through a corner. 

Again, this may just be my experience as other racers may have climbed in the sportsmanship rating to where the players around them respect each other, but my experience so far has been: either you get pole/near-pole position and get ahead quickly, or you get stuck in an endless pushing and shoving to get ahead of each other. Even if you get to pole position, you may get dragged down by an eager racer coming in too hot through the first corner (speaking from experience). 

I personally would suggest a combination of the two, harder penalties as well as a more sensitive ghost mode activation, but fully understand if some believe getting rammed sometimes is part of the racing experience and feel like the ghost mode would take away from the experience. But something needs to be done quickly, otherwise people may not feel like the online mode is worthwhile (and let's be honest, there isn't much left if people stop playing online races)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
99%
12 Rank
Progress
TheStill
Accepted Solution

I think it is done in its current form because the computer can't work out who is to blame.

If the back car always got the penalty. Then you would have instances of the front car jamming on the brakes to get the back car a penalty. 

It is just something you will have to live with until these people get bored and move onto another game. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JonssonThree

46%
02 Rank
Progress
JonssonThree
TheStill
Accepted Solution

Oh, well that explains it. I honestly thought it was more of a choice than a challenge of implementation, thanks for the info. 

Although they could just turn on ghost mode whenever a collision at a high enough speed is coming. But I might be influenced by just having been rammed down from 2:nd to last place yet again in the first corner. 

Not that I'm a perfect driver, but it's just annoying when it's literally impossible to avoid collisions unless you're willing to wait for everyone to pass and you get penalized for it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
99%
12 Rank
Progress
TheStill
JonssonThree
Accepted Solution

I know what you mean but the ghost mode would remove part of the racing experience. 

Part of the fun in racing is working out how you can get around opponents and racing side by side around corners.

I tend to avoid online racing unless with friends. For the reasons you have already mentioned. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AndrejS_72

86%
02 Rank
Progress
AndrejS_72
TheStill
Accepted Solution

i undrestand your point but tell me then why only front driver get penalty if he is driving on full speed dont touch brake and is hit from behind

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teo13131

65%
02 Rank
Progress
teo13131
AndrejS_72
Accepted Solution

not exacly, today one idiot, just to dont let me pass him, start breaking in the middle of staight at 280km\h ofc i drove into his back, just wasnt able to avoid that and i get 10 penatly sec. i'm not sure how really those points works and how avoid them.By the way, it's really sad, that always will be an idiot, who is not to good, but wont let better players play as good, as they can... 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AndrejS_72

86%
02 Rank
Progress
AndrejS_72
teo13131
Accepted Solution

I didnt say it is not possibe to find someone that will go full maniac on brakes infront of you.

I was saying that in my case driver that hit me from behind didnt get penalty and for sure it was not my fault.

I was in 1st place, 1m away from finish line, so tell me which idiot would hit breaks in that position. He was using slipsteam to overtake me, didnt get out fast enough and hit me. I get penalty, he get nothing. Since i was pushed over finish line i get penalty (slow down) that i can not reduce since i was over finish line, If driver that hit me would get also penalty then he also could not reduce it. In final standing i was droped from 1st place to 9th, he get from 2nd place to 1st without any penalty.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teo13131

65%
02 Rank
Progress
teo13131
AndrejS_72
Accepted Solution

i understand u, just saying, that maby its a way to avoid penatly, when u see that someone drive stragiht in your back, push brakes, then it's his fault 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nucy-

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Nucy-
TheStill
Accepted Solution

It seems though it wouldn't be too difficult for the system to determine who is in the wrong. If a corner needs to be taken between 60-80km/h depending on your line, than if I brake hard and slow to forty and get hit from behind I get penalized... If I'm slowing to 75 and get rammed by some guy going 9000 up the inside... He should get penalized. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Evilish_78

56%
02 Rank
Progress
Evilish_78
JonssonThree
Accepted Solution

True. Yesterday I always started from the first 4 positions (from Pole to 4th place). Only once I won the race, but mostly (in 5 out of 6 races) I have been rammed in the first chicane and fell to the last positions. In one race I started from second, was rammed in the first chicane, felt from 2nd to 12 place. In chasing the top 5 I was rammed again 5 times not by my fault, but in two cases I get a penalty. *****? Finally I get to third position shortly before the last corner and what? The driver I overtook rammed me, get third. 

I supposed to stay on 3rd, as he will get a penalty and what happened? nothing. He stay 3rd. 

The main problem is, that the people do not brake in fast chickanes, either they see, that they will ramm another car. 

Everytime I see, that it copuld not work and I could ramm another driver, I change the racing line not to touch anybody. But unfortunately most drivers do not mind to touch another car. Sometimes It makes no fun to play in Multiplayer.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cad-Monkey79

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Cad-Monkey79
TheStill
Accepted Solution

But the programmers must know where the breaking points on the track are, as they have programmed the AI. Obviously, a tolerance would need to be added but anyone who jams on halfway down a straight or just before a finish line should be black flagged. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

I agree with you. I got another beef I would like to highlight, concerning penalties and ramming people. If someone uses me as brake, and knocks me off track, I get a penalty for going off track. That hardly seems fair, considering it was not my actions that landed me outside the track. Really annoying.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

B_Loved_Worlock

88%
02 Rank
Progress
B_Loved_Worlock
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

B_Loved_Worlock

88%
02 Rank
Progress
B_Loved_Worlock
Accepted Solution

My 2¢

You can't over penalize the back marker. They may have been rammed from behind themselves into you.  These are people you just need to be aware of. If you see them driving like a maniac towards you let them pass you they'll most likely wreck three corners up anyway and winning doesn't really affect your SR or DR. So just make sure you run a clean race and you'll eventually be put with better people.

Starting from the front doesn't always equal a win or no ramming. I typically start anywhere from 1st to 7th and usually finish in the top 3. 

Most of the time I wait for other players to self-destruct and just make a clean pass.

I would never say ramming is part of racing but bumping is definitely part of racing and that's something I would like to see them work on. A love tap in the corner shouldn't be penalized like they are currently.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xspook007x

75%
02 Rank
Progress
xspook007x
Accepted Solution

theres clearly little chance this will be hugely improved, i've just had a race where i got 15 seconds of penalties applied due to someone braking late and hitting me as i was running through the apex of the corner. the system is obviously registering this as me turning into the other person but what are we supposed to do? can't jump out the way when i'm apexing a corner, it's like a game of dodgems right now with little real penalty for the useless players on the brakes. i don't pretend to be great at it but a clean race would be nice from time to time. but these penalties need to be fixed or we're all gonna go play something else.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

paddybrit

41%
02 Rank
Progress
paddybrit
Accepted Solution

Hi, please stop making excuses for poor development/implementation of the sr system. Most incidents occur around the apex of the corner, the car that is ahead and on the racing line has right of way. Why should we be penalised for another driver missing the braking zone and ramming? The braking zone warning is set to on as a default.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

deathbymarshall

42%
02 Rank
Progress
deathbymarshall
Accepted Solution

Yeah its crap ill try not to hit anyone but some one takes me off bad i get a penalty *****?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xBEA72x

54%
02 Rank
Progress
xBEA72x
Accepted Solution

I've gone from a C rating to an E rating due to other people not being able to take the racing line and hitting me and i get the penalty... or people out braking me and knocking me off the track... ***** whats the point of online racing if you can't race...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

crichshaun

63%
02 Rank
Progress
crichshaun
Accepted Solution

yeah something needs sorting somewhere as i've been hit from behind by a mad man and i got 10 sec penalty when it was him not breaking for the hairpin. lol. but i do love tap in some race's and if people push me off on purpose then i go after them and smash them.( even waiting for them to lap me to get them back). :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RossiPosse

54%
02 Rank
Progress
RossiPosse
Accepted Solution

I really love this game and the handling model, but man these penalties are crazy, I try to keep clean all the time yet I'm getting side slammed in every corner and then getting 10 sec penalties and my driver rating is down to E and I'm trying so hard to keep clean, so frustrating

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teo13131

65%
02 Rank
Progress
teo13131
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

u all have  right. penatly points need to be fixed. i also had "fiev" similary situations. i really try to drive clear, but most people play like in older versions when u could drive in every car, just to improve your lap time. Wake up guys and girls, its a brand new model of gaming, there is no place for sunday drivers, pls try to drive clear, or we all wont have any joy from this great game.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel