46%
02 Rank
Progress

GT: Sport - Online races penalties

[ Edited ]
142 Replies 11,231 Views edited 23-10-2017
23 Oct 2017
By JonssonThree

While GT sport is a tremendous update in online races since earlier iterations of the game, there are a few things that just ruin the experience for me. I acknowledge that not every race is going to be perfect and perhaps the sportsmanship rating takes a while to separate the players who intend to steer clear from other cars and those that don't really care as long as they get ahead (it's still too early for me to tell). 

However, I feel like those that ram into other players should get penalized a lot more harshly than they currently are. Either by giving them a hard slow down period (10+ sec) where they're forced to slow down instantly as opposed to the softer slow down some time during the race effect currently in place. While this may still ruin that race for the player getting rammed into, the racer that rammed him/her, would at least fall behind enough for other racers to be spared. 

Or another alternative would be to increase the ghost mode sensitivity, which is an excellent feature. I for one would appreciate the ghost mode to activate a lot easier, to where a racer coming in too hot would instantly get ghosted to save other racers from getting thrown back simply for going at the correct speed through a corner. 

Again, this may just be my experience as other racers may have climbed in the sportsmanship rating to where the players around them respect each other, but my experience so far has been: either you get pole/near-pole position and get ahead quickly, or you get stuck in an endless pushing and shoving to get ahead of each other. Even if you get to pole position, you may get dragged down by an eager racer coming in too hot through the first corner (speaking from experience). 

I personally would suggest a combination of the two, harder penalties as well as a more sensitive ghost mode activation, but fully understand if some believe getting rammed sometimes is part of the racing experience and feel like the ghost mode would take away from the experience. But something needs to be done quickly, otherwise people may not feel like the online mode is worthwhile (and let's be honest, there isn't much left if people stop playing online races)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
mrddevil
Accepted Solution

Vehicle damage is probably the only thing that helps. I just rode Interlagos for 4 laps. I was rammed by the driver behind me 4x in the first chicane and 1x in the first hairpin. Nothing difficult, I could always keep my line. But there were 5x 1 second penalty and a total of 28 (from 99 to 71) points SR deduction. 28 points for what !!! With the deduction one might think I would have rammed half the field off the track. The driver behind me has got 5 seconds but lost only a few points. Later he wrote to me and admitted that the contacts were not my fault and the punishments are nonsense. But that does not improve my score and in the next race I can compete against other A drivers. That will probably worsen my rating further because there is driven even more aggressive.
If there were any damage then maybe these guys would reconsider behavior. A crash and the car is broken. If this happens several times in a row, they may notice what they are doing wrong. As long as the wrong ones get the penalties nothing will change. Then the aggressive drivers feel only confirmed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrddevil

89%
02 Rank
Progress
mrddevil
bkog234
Accepted Solution

i hope they put damage in the game because this is not fun anymore. 

my status is going today from B/B to D/E because some cars hit me on the back. 

in one race i want to play save with the start, so i brake on time to not hit the cars in front of me, and then i get a penalty from 3 seconds. *****. 

i'm getting crazy of this penalty system. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
mrddevil
Accepted Solution

I'm just like that. I am currently in a downward spiral myself. Due to the 28 point devaluation I was only SR A instead of SR S. In the next race with other A drivers was even more jostled. Two times I was rammed from behind. Both times I lost several places and lost another 12 SR points. Yesterday I started deliberately from the very back and wanted to drive only clean rounds at the end of the field. But another driver who drove a few places in front of me and left the street after a touch was just pulled in front of me and touched me. At an angle of almost 90 degrees, he simply drove onto the street so that I could not avoid it. The result was another 6 points deduction for me. I am now SR C and it is getting worse as the lower classes drive even more aggressively. I will try again today and leave even more distance to the other drivers. Then I will certainly be the last but hopefully no one rams me any more. I'll do that until I'm at least SR A again. Although this is boring and has nothing to do with racing is the only way not to be rammed by other drivers. Vehicle damage would be better. Then the current race would be ruined after being rammed but you would not be forced to drive with even more aggressive drivers in the next race. In addition, the accidents would have consequences for the rammer. Then maybe they would try to drive more carefully.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FaArmQ

46%
02 Rank
Progress
FaArmQ
Accepted Solution

Programmers could do better. I'm getting tired of bad gamers hitting me and ruining my race and points while I get penalized.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FaArmQ

46%
02 Rank
Progress
FaArmQ
Accepted Solution

OK, I'm done. I just finished 2 positions over where. I started, earned a clean race and my SR dropped one letter, also my DR decreased. What the *** is going on, Gran Turismo SPORT developers? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

66%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
FaArmQ
Accepted Solution

It's got to be some program they've dialed in to keep you racing to build your rating back up. Seems to always start right after the bi-weekly racing is over. I'm about to change games. Such a shame. I won an online race yesterday, no penalties, final results pop up and my SR rating is highlighted in red...what the heck?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Polyphony ARE NOT Listening everybody

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

66%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

Well said!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

66%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

WELL SAID!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ProfessorPlinth

26%
02 Rank
Progress
ProfessorPlinth
Accepted Solution

Here I am, trying to race my race: I qualify near the front. I am going around the first corner at speed like everyone else, but some goon deliberately doesn't brake and smashes into me, I get shunted into a barrier, and I GET THE PENALTY! Grrr...

Fix it already!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NogardMarith

53%
02 Rank
Progress
NogardMarith
Accepted Solution

I honestly think they need to put in back flag where if you continue to ram people off the track you're blacked flagged. When black Flagged gain no Millage, Credits, and rating go down majority, also in the Series, after 3 Black flags you're disqualified. I ran one race where the guy kept break checking me forcing me to rear-end him damaging my car and get penalties. I also had one race where these south Americans would purposefully ram you into the walls or spin you if you are from America. All of them had major penalties and I dropped from 4th to last because they would keep ramming us off the track. I reported all of them because it wasn't just me it was anyone they came to that wasn't from South America would run them off the track and into the wall. The week of 9/13 B event I found people purposefully pushing people into the wall out of the last corner and dive bombing people into the first causing major crashes. Yet they have SR of S.  

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

66%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
NogardMarith
Accepted Solution

South Americans are absolutely the worst...sorry...it's the truth. They all have visions of Senna. None have ever done any real racing. Before races I always check where they're at and what they're driving. I don't see how they even get into the races I'm in. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

IOF races in real life. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

I’ve played a couple of the blue moon speedway races today and as you all know Polyphony have added a tougher line with players being disqualified for 2 collisions - this Polyphony should be congratulated for as proves they are listening to the audience.   The fact that I bet 90% of those drivers were not the aggressor only proves the point Polyphony cannot fix the S**t penalty system they created so they think papering over cracks with poorly implemented fixes makes things ok.  

Until they fix the penalty system I can’t see how Polyphony can be a credible developer - top graphics, car handling etc do not make a great racing game - Polyphony claim this the ultimate race simulator - without a top notch governance system how can that be true.

i wouldn’t have bought this game if I’d known how flawed it was going to be, single player was an after thought - delivered 2 months after the game was released proves that, and it’s crap, the game engine was code re-used from previous games - I’d love to know why the developer took so long to release it as 4 years for what we got seems over the top.

i was surprised the FIA stuck their name to a game where dirty driving is rewarded and the race control is so flawed.

100s of thousands of players have complained through forums about the game - no response from Polyphony which should tell you a lot about how they feel for their players.  I read the game has sold globally 3.5 million copies but online players from the last weekly stats I saw were hovering around 56,000 players per week - I don’t know if that’s good or not but from a base of 3.5 million it seems a little low as we approach the game being a year old.  In context Destiny 2 on PS4 sold 3.79 million copies and has weekly player count of 400,000 due to the release of the latest expansion but prior to that is still double GT Sport

polyphony need to step up and bring something to the table else those numbers will just keep dropping away.  We all want to play fair and square but when we don’t the game has to apply the right penalty in a fair and balanced way - currently it’s just crap

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Yes, they do not solve the real problem. Penalties up, punish down, disuqalifikation, damage, ... That's all well and good, but as long as the penalty system does not work is all completely pointless. It makes no sense to fine-tune if the underlying basis does not work. But they do not want or can not repair the penalty system. I now know at least 11 drivers who have stopped because of the unfair penalty system with GT Sport. I always hear the same thing: It makes no sense because the system punishes the innocent and spares rammer. Why spend time and money on something that only upsets you with the injustice?
Polyphony can still publish so many tracks and cars as they want, that will not increase the number of players permanently. Lost players may look in when there is something new. But at the latest when their race is destroyed once again, they are gone again.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mickey_038

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Mickey_038
Accepted Solution

Fully agree with the last two comments. I'm just about to leave this crap and turn to Project Cars 2 or even to swap PS4 with X-Box and drive Forza editions. I'm just afraid that PC2 and Forza might have the same "problem".

I played all Gran Turismo games and was very excited to play GT Sport online when arrives, but this bloody unfair penalty system puts me down badly :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

66%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

I just got my "S" rating back and I'm afraid to race any online races until Wednesday's points races because I don't want to get bumped back to the "Bashers" league. Ruining my experience for sure. I'd love to promote GT Sport but right now I can't. What a shame. I'm considering buying a race simulator set up but I'll be playing some other system if this doesn't get resolved soon. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel