46%
02 Rank
Progress

GT: Sport - Online races penalties

[ Edited ]
142 Replies 12,877 Views edited 23-10-2017
23 Oct 2017
By JonssonThree

While GT sport is a tremendous update in online races since earlier iterations of the game, there are a few things that just ruin the experience for me. I acknowledge that not every race is going to be perfect and perhaps the sportsmanship rating takes a while to separate the players who intend to steer clear from other cars and those that don't really care as long as they get ahead (it's still too early for me to tell). 

However, I feel like those that ram into other players should get penalized a lot more harshly than they currently are. Either by giving them a hard slow down period (10+ sec) where they're forced to slow down instantly as opposed to the softer slow down some time during the race effect currently in place. While this may still ruin that race for the player getting rammed into, the racer that rammed him/her, would at least fall behind enough for other racers to be spared. 

Or another alternative would be to increase the ghost mode sensitivity, which is an excellent feature. I for one would appreciate the ghost mode to activate a lot easier, to where a racer coming in too hot would instantly get ghosted to save other racers from getting thrown back simply for going at the correct speed through a corner. 

Again, this may just be my experience as other racers may have climbed in the sportsmanship rating to where the players around them respect each other, but my experience so far has been: either you get pole/near-pole position and get ahead quickly, or you get stuck in an endless pushing and shoving to get ahead of each other. Even if you get to pole position, you may get dragged down by an eager racer coming in too hot through the first corner (speaking from experience). 

I personally would suggest a combination of the two, harder penalties as well as a more sensitive ghost mode activation, but fully understand if some believe getting rammed sometimes is part of the racing experience and feel like the ghost mode would take away from the experience. But something needs to be done quickly, otherwise people may not feel like the online mode is worthwhile (and let's be honest, there isn't much left if people stop playing online races)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NOZonline

• Beta Tester
83%
09 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

This is true as from my perspective the closed beta was all clean, people who actually use race craft & enjoy to race.

During development there was actual Driving Etiquette driving lessons that had to be completed with the advanced techniques as an option, these should be there instead of the stupid videos!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

Yes...  I played with that Closed Beta Test from a Friends console for a few times.... a much better experience than the Open Test.   I was going to apply myself but didn't want to take a spot away from someone that could put in the hours.  Running after a small one is time consuming....   She's older now and not so hyper.

This is the trouble of opening a game like this to the public....   I expect a fair few are not even old enough to actually drive a real car.....   and they are let loose on us.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

clansman_1

79%
02 Rank
Progress
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

It is a pity as there's nothing more satisfying than have a good clean close race. I don't mind if I get beat by someone, it's knowing you can run side by side even through the corner which makes it great. To be fair, the majority of online races I've had have been like that, it's just the odd ones that spoil it I'm afraid. Great game none the less, best GT by far.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Schmou

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Mr_Schmou
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

GT Sport is the worst GT ive ever played. And i played GT1-6.

It looks and feels great, but the rest is awful.

Tuning and setup is locked in online races.

Focus on online racing, but no content.

Only 3 races that change every 24hrs.

Wait 10-40min for a race to start.

Sometimes i feel like im playing a f2p smartphone game.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

guitarfreeek

88%
02 Rank
Progress
guitarfreeek
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

A week ago I would have agreed with your comment "it's just the odd ones that spoil it" but 6 races in a row I was taken out HARD yesterday. I didn't touch anyone, even after constantly being taken out, race after race, but because for some odd reason GT thinks its my fault for existing I obviously received enough SR penalties from being taken out to rank me from SR A to SR C, I just managed to reach B again...

I understand that bumps and knocks happen, but seriously... they need to ghost people coming in 20+MPH faster than you from behind.

I'm not exaggerating, it was 6 races with roughly the same story...

- 1st lap first few corners get knocked off 

- Go from top 5 to bottom place

- Work my way back up to top 10 ...if I am lucky.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zurrus

62%
02 Rank
Progress
Zurrus
Accepted Solution

I definitely agree with all the mentioned issues. 

I myself had an uncomfortable experience (it happens often) when I get rammed from behind near the corner turn and, therefore, I kick out another car off the track because of the speed gained from the hit. In the end, I not only get a 10 sec penalty from kicking out another player but a triple Safety Rating downgrade (first one from hitting another player in the back, obviously, but why the other two?). And it's not the thing that got me outraged, but the fact that the guy who was the reason for this mess did get no penalty at all (according to the new feature of being able to see penalties for another car).

Another situation happens when forward going player slides out of the track because of taking the wrong speed for the corner. It opens a window for you to overcome him (no yellow flag was shown) and when you are already in front of him he tries to get back to the track and bumps in the back of you. And somehow you also get a penalty. Where is the logic in here?

I really hope such issues would be fixed in the future as if they are not, it would be a great shame for the whole franchise.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tm-tz

65%
02 Rank
Progress
tm-tz
Accepted Solution

Where can I report players like that?
And where can I report  a penalty system which is still broken (as you can see on vid - no penalty for that)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTmlcLPbeXM

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

clansman_1

79%
02 Rank
Progress
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

I don't know about anybody else but I'm finding the Italian drivers the worse. They all seem incapable of controlling & racing properly, instead they just ram & barge there way past. One guy decided to keep ramming into the side of me down the straight & you guessed it, I got a penalty & he just drove away!! This is getting stupid now!! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tm-tz

65%
02 Rank
Progress
tm-tz
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

Man, try to play FIA races wit the Spaniards...
There are no worse players in every part of Gran Turismo. 
They should have own serwers, only for Spanish players.
Here I have video from one race with Spanish players only in one race..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLSG6RavN18
They allways push you off the road, they driving over the hood and braking (with this poor system, you will get penalty and lost FP/DP), they ramming you to gain position by all means. It does not matter if you drive on S/S , D/A, B/B class, they driving like in destruction derby.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

clansman_1

79%
02 Rank
Progress
clansman_1
tm-tz
Accepted Solution

Yes, I have also had that nice experience with the Spanish drivers haha!! They just seem to think the way to win is to eliminate the competition. How Fernando Alonso made it as far it's a mystery if that's what their like haha. 

Like I've said before, I'd rather have a close race without incident & get beat than the destruction Derby that goes on most of the time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
tm-tz
Accepted Solution

Yup...  that's the first thing I look for...  when joining a room...   French and Spanish...

If the room is full of these Flags.. it's gonna be Destruction Derby.

I might as well replace my Swiss Flag with an old circular Bull's Eye Flag that you see on WW1 biplanes from the UK.   They say to themselves...  "Here's Ava, let's get her!!"  LOL

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

heggs46

53%
02 Rank
Progress
heggs46
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

The French are by far the worst for me. It would appear that as soon as a French person sees the British flag they immediately have to smash us off. I thought it was just me to begin with till all the people I play with have said the same. It's beyond d ridiculous now. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
el-ve
clansman_1
Accepted Solution

I kept getting rammed as I was overtaking someone on the final straight. I just “leaned” on them until they hit the curb and spun out

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

barrylegg

85%
02 Rank
Progress
barrylegg
Accepted Solution

This is a duplicate of the post I made in the other thread about GTS penalties. There seems to be more people posting in this one so....

Because of the unfair penalty system, a player's SR goes from being something he wants to work on and improve - to being a trap that he can't escape - and the harder you fight it, the further it pulls you in.

Let's say you have a 'D' class SR; you're dropped in against other people that aren't particularly clean racers. If you have two or three bad races in a row where you keep getting rammed and the penalty system decides it was your fault (which it will, almost every time) you can end up with an 'E' rating just like that. 'E' class racers are even worse and those races are just absolute chaos. Everyone smashes everyone else. Sometimes you'll find you got hit by someone who got rammed by someone else! And you still got negative SR!

Guess what? You are now in the negative SR vortex. Every race you enter damages your SR and there is almost nothing you can do to get out.

So, that's why I've now just started entering the shortest daily races available and then just sit at the back, don't try to pass anyone, let everyone go past me and just finish the race in last place without touching anyone just so that my SR goes up. It sucks, but hopefully it's gonna put me in with a better class of racers. I managed to finally move out of E class yesterday after about 7 or 8 races on that Brazilian circuit. Hopefully I can get to C before long. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

heggs46

53%
02 Rank
Progress
heggs46
Accepted Solution

The penalty system is a big mess. I love this game and the theory behind the online races but the penalty system is ruining it. Why are E-B rated drivers(this is usually beginners) being put in with B-B rated drivers? This then just turns into a crash fest. My ratings dropped to C-D because I got smashed off on the first corner and then every overtake I got hit in the side or the rear.

The yellow flag penalty is a joke too. Two cars go off, yellow flag warning, they're off the track but because I've gone past them I get a 5 second penalty, why? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
88%
02 Rank
Progress
lordcharleschalk
Accepted Solution

I feel I'm the only person that doesn't mind the penalties. It's definitely changed the way I drive. Most of my races start with me mid-pack and I find it fun to go up a few places (and sometimes down) trying carefully not to ruin someone's race. I get as much of a buzz fighting cleanly for 6th as winning. In fact, my wins so far have been good clean fights. (SR level B). 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
lordcharleschalk
Accepted Solution

Bravo...   that's what it's about, fun of the battle....   everyone is so intent on winning, they forget to have fun with the game....

Well said...    

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

samihlehti

35%
02 Rank
Progress
samihlehti
Accepted Solution

Is something changed in penalty system lately? Played yesterday couple of online races and didn´t noticed those notifications about other players penalties. Maybe I was busy trying  learn to use my G29 controller :) I also get clean race bonus twice even I´m sure there was contact in both of those races. Other was minor side-to-side bump, in the other race I got heavy bump on my rear. Green SR notification after those sectors to me?

Btw, it´s hard to learn drive with a wheel and pedals after playing with Dualshock. Losing 3-4 seconds every lap comparing times driven with Dualshock.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
samihlehti
Accepted Solution

Pretty soon it will be the other way around.  Remember, a fast driver has slow hands and quick feet.

As for the penalties, it looks like rubbing is racing. You can swap paint and do hip-checks without getting any penalties. The harder hits, I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Alibot-1st

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Alibot-1st
Accepted Solution

It would be nice to get a proper explanation of how the penalty systems work. I keep getting arbitrary penalties pop up even though as far as I can tell I've obeyed track limits and not hit anyone. The SR ranking is an absolute joke, I've gone from a B to a C all because of one race where one guy hit me on every single corner that he could!!! I now can't get my rating back up because the melee of the first few corners will cost you a lot of SR points unless you hang back to avoid it.

I've had one race where I had got a better exit out of the final corner than the two cars just ahead of me. Thanks to slipstreaming I was very close to passing both of them until the guy ahead of me just turned into me and pushed me off of the track. To add insult to injury, as far as I could see no penalty of any kind was applied to him.

In another race I was very confused when i got to the end to find that the person I thought had finished 2nd had apparantly been disqualified thus promoting me to 2nd. I was too far back to see what had happened for him to warrant this, he got a SR rating of E at the end and had a total time very close to that of first place. What was also odd was that the lap tracker had me in 1st all race until the final lap even though I never had an on track position higher than 3rd???? Any ideas on how that happened?

I like that there is a penalty system in place but it needs to work correctly. For me I'd prefer there to be no ghosting at all otherwise what's the point in having multiple cars racing at once, why not just do time trials instead?? It would be nice to see proper penalties dished out for those that deserve them, and not the innocent party ending up with the penalty.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pingusw

44%
02 Rank
Progress
pingusw
Accepted Solution

i got disqualified afta champion race at finish line no points xp nothing said had pause 2 long ***** finished the race disqualify at auto drive at end

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel