Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

15 Replies 557 Views Created 13-06-2018
13 Jun 2018
By Symbolic_Jester

Is there a club or something, team,clan for GT Sport that uses teamspeak, I want to get better but do not understand settings and how people are getting 8 + secs difference from my times, I don't see where im losing that much time. Thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

On here there is a weekly fun night every Wednesday where we randomly use different cars and tracks for short sprint races, and there's also a more in depth championship event on Thursdays that still has spots available.

There's also a few people kicking around on here that can give some sound advice for setups/driving style. 

Maybe ask some questions, or post a vid with some of your laps and see if any of us can help you out. 

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

@Symbolic_Jester

Driving smoothly is one way of getting faster....   something I find hard to do myself...

I'm in the same boat, but a little quicker maybe.

I am trying to slow for a corner a bit further away from the Apex than I'd normally do..  hard habit to break actually..  but it does work...   Another tactic is to change gear sooner than you need to...  short shifting etc.

I'm no good with setting up cars in this game...  everything seems strange over previous GT Games where settings  actually worked back then...   now, it's basically hit 'n' miss.     

I'm also pants at changing track and car combination...  takes me a long time to get accustomed to a new ride.   So, prefer to use one car and track to home in the times.

Ava

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

Yeah I used to play GT4 all the time, I know how to race, but in the daily races, best lap times I see are like 8 seconds faster and im not seeing where they are getting 8 seconds lol.

Ive been able to adjust to different cars posting better then average lap times just after a few laps, but to really hone in on one and get it down low will take time but I still don't see 8 seconds driving that fiat 500 lol

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

It's baffling when you compare the times....  

I look at the times and mutter some pretty bad words to myself which don't make me any quicker and then knuckle down.

It's like they are stuck on rails, there is no way I can get around the same corner as their entry speeds, the car just don't stay on track.

I cannot even brake where they do... even at full pressure on the brakes, my car won't slow as quickly...  then it just runs off track.   Then there is the exit speed, where they are accelerating, I'd simply spin out when I put my foot down.

The people in the Top 10 Boards know how the System works, they know every track limit and how to exploit it to their advantage.   I like to keep all 4 wheels within Track limits, a few of the Top 10 vids I've watched for reference don't.    That is where times can differ.   I just watch for the gear change, see what gears are used for certain corners..    it's pointless trying to match corner entry speed and exit speeds as my car just won't stay on track when trying to match.

Ava

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I dont even watch the replays, i just wanna try to beat those times. Im going by the times listed on the daily races, so they cant be going off track without being penalized for it, can they??

I am also using a direction control pad controller, so i know the times will be different as i dont have that precise turning and throttle, but still 8 seconds im not seeing

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

Yup...   the Daily races from the Multiplayer GT Sport Race entry.

The last one that I saw was on Nürburgring, watched the replay from the top time to see which gearing was being used on exits.   It was a GR.2 race.

The driver had all 4 wheels off track and thought to myself....    How is that acceptable??   It's just so wrong, surely it should give a Red time, but No.

Then we had the Interlagos Track a few days back....   this track was giving penalties out for fun...  the total opposite of Nürburgring.

Don't put yourself down, there are plenty of quick drivers using a Controller...   I had to use one over Christmas when my wheel was sent away to be fixed..   I've hardly any game time at all with a Controller in driving games....   was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.   The last time I drove with one was back on the PlayStation 1.     Steering was a nightmare.

Learn the car, learn the Tracks....    takes time that's all..

I'm using a wheel and I'm doing the same....  more track time, the better it becomes.....    There will always be people that understand how the Driving Physics work in these games.

I swear, if I drove a real car in the same manner as this game...   the car would be broken within a lap...  

Using a wheel is just the right equipment for the job...  it don't necessarily make you any quicker.  In fact, if you purchased one now, you would probably struggle to match your times now for a few days, weeks until you get the Track time.

Ava

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

As Ava said, learn the car, learn the tracks. Most tracks you can find tutorials, video of people driving a lap explaining how to get a decent lap time. And reading driving guides is also a way to improve your knowledge. Sadly there isn't really any shortcuts, it takes time and dedication to become a faster driver.

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

"it takes time and dedication to become a faster driver"

Yup. That's it in a nutshell. The top drivers have put a lot of time and effort into their skills.

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Not so sure about this. @gus72 just pretty much flukes it week in week out

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Damn MastrGT, you still at it, do you remember SirViper on GT4???

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

Yes, I remember him, but it has been a while.

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

OK, the majority of the top drivers that I have met worked at it. There are those that are natural talents, too.

For those that struggle today, skill can be grown, but for most of us, it takes time and effort. To me, racing on-line with clean, talented gentlemen drivers has been well worth the effort.

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Good, its good to know i left a mark somewhere, lol, how ya been, ive been trying to remember the name i was on before, didnt remember till i seen your name. So you know how aggressive i am lol

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

Really, 7 second penalty for some idiot coming off the track, right in front of me, me hitting him, then going to the other side of the track. that just doesnt make sence

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Symbolic_Jester

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Symbolic_Jester
Accepted Solution

think i figured out a good m,ajority of my issue, i turned off ASM and Countersteering assist, doing todays daily race and seeing better times, Current best is 59.368, top qualifier in just under 57 at 56.994, i think i see about 1.5 seconds in that turn, i think if i do it right i should be able to get around it at about 60mph

Didnt post above, but just ran 16 laps, worst lap was 1:00.368, average was 59.349, new best is 58.717

0 Kudos

GT Sport Teams/Clubs??

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel