JaymzVsTheWorld

80%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport bug report and rant

7 Replies 1,140 Views Created 06-11-2017
06 Nov 2017
By JaymzVsTheWorld

If this thread is in the wrong part of the forum could someone please post a link to the proper section. Thanks.

I'll try and keep this as calm as possible but I'm really frustrated at the moment.

I wanted to report a lot of smaller type bugs last week but I let it go hoping it would get better or someone else would report them.

The folowing list contains mostly bugs but also some things that need a bit of work and/or common sense applied. I feel that I am quite experienced at GT games considering I've played them constantly since the first GT.

I'll start with the most recent and worst...

Had a horrible bugged race at Inerlagos. My car handled differently from practice. Handling was so different in qualy that I couldn't get within 2.5 secs of my best practise time which was about half a second slower than I could have went as I only had 10 min of practice. Not sure if this is a drop in framerate issue which shouldn't happen. It happened in GT6 when the framerate dropped, I seemed to he more sensitive to this than most of my online friends I race against.

All cars were stuck on the grid. No rolling start. It started me in reverse gear. Went around myself but crashed into one of the stationary cars at the end of the 1st lap, spun around and got a 10 sec penalty.

The "race" was going on in the background because it did have an end with the positions accounted for. Not sure of it was like that for everyone.

An addition to that I just had the exact same thing happen at the FIA race at Brands. The difference in handling from practise to qualy wasn't as bad as the Interlagos race.

Onto some smaller bugs...

When entering the track race in an online lobby, the chase cam settings revert to the original setting. The settings still show as what I have previously selected. It can be fixed by going into the chase cam settings and moving the slider back and forward a little.

Traction control is stuck on sometimes when strarting a lobby race.

Some decals on some cars are very bad quality when viewing from replay.

Sound drops or fluctuates between practice, warm up, qualy and race.

When choosing settings for a race the slider for max weight doesn't work in the sense that everyone will just go as light as possible. It needs to minimum weight. This particular one is ruining online racing for me and a lot of my friends as BoP is the only other option for balanced racing. Of someone can explain to me how a maxumim weight value is supposed to work I'm all ears. Only thing I can think of is that people might choose to make their car heavy so it has more power, but that would only apply if it were a BoP race which it's not.

Driver and Sportsmanship ratings are a joke and PD should just admit defeat on this one. It'll never work correctly and was a bad idea to bigin with, unless they admit that they know it never can be fair.

Exiting pit lane is a mess and needs a complete rethink. The way it happens in real life should be implemented with the cars being held until there is enough space to be released safely.

Winning the same gift car multiple times without the ability to sell it is pointless. I have 5 of the same car and 4 of others etc. This really highlights the lack of cars.

Clean race award not working. I've had many clean races online in sport mode, lobby and arcade. It hasn't moved past 2 for me.

Getting into a lobby and staying there is still a problem sometimes, well a lot. I'm sure some of this is due to some individuals internet and whatever settings they use, but my setup is sorted so I know it's not on my side if it happens to me.

Before the FIA one make Aston Martin race when choosing the car colour all the colours don't fit on the screen. The list is cut off at the top and bottom.

I'll have to update this because I'm just going by memory.

I can't help but have a rant at some things though...

Why all the fake cars? The McLaren Gr4 car should be a 570s. This is assuming Gr4 is GT4. Why not just call it GT4? It's not a trademark is it? There are others in this category I'm sure. There's also a lot of great GT4 cars missing from this that would have been better than VGT cars. Ginetta, KTM, Maseratti.

GrB... Group B I guess. What a mess. Why not just call it Group B and have lots of real group B cars from that period. Instead we are stuck with fake cars. It all feels too clinical and modern.

The game itself is not that good. Right down to little things like being drip fed colours and decals it's all very boring. I have no idea why it has received such good reviews. I can tell that it's not just me that's thinking this, a lot of my online friends have the game and while there were nearly full lobbies with us racing, it's become quiet already. I'm betting GT6 has healthier lobbies.

The single player isn't even worth a mention. A lot of pointless nonsense.

PD went in the completely wrong direction with GT Sport. They will be oblivious to this because they will make their money amd money talks. Well guess what, I'm a sucker and bought the digital deluxe version as I had hope that it would be great and a lot of people had the same idea.

All I'm hoping for now it major updates/fix/patch, a lot of DLC and physics updates.

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Volkan_Kurdoglu

96%
01 Rank
Progress
Volkan_Kurdoglu
Accepted Solution

FİA GT Porsche challenge race. 7:11:17 All opponents sport hard tyres.My tyres sport soft. We watched this in replay video.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

"Why all the fake cars? The McLaren Gr4 car should be a 570s. This is assuming Gr4 is GT4. Why not just call it GT4?"

I might be wrong but I believe the GT4 and GT3 are brand names registered to SRO, the organisation behind the Blancpain series, among other things. That's also why the FIA and IMSA and ACO call their categories such things as GTLME or GTD or similar variations on the theme. Branding and trademarks, it's a difficult world to navigate.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution
JaymzVsTheWorld: is your performance difference based on your tuned car being reset to defaults?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

raydetinu

64%
02 Rank
Progress
raydetinu
Accepted Solution

Yep agree, had a lot races from lobby where you and and few other cars are just stuck on the grid! Don't move at all. Other cars just go around you or bulb into you.

I just leave, happens a quite a few times a night, and wastes so much time!

Can't abide these made up cars! Rubbish stuff, why?

I see they going to introduce a sort of career mode with next update! Could be interesting? Don't know how the ratings thing works, they don't tell you anything!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Truck1n1T

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Truck1n1T
Accepted Solution

I have noticed a bug when in cab and you press the cockpit rear view so you can see who is behind you the engine sound is distorted.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sjc-alpha

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Sjc-alpha
Accepted Solution

After this latest update my driver livery, suit and helmet, are always on default at the start of the game. I have to apply it every time, I drive using cockpit view so it is noticeable. If I swap cars the same thing, the livery goes to default.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
marcel86lagrange
Accepted Solution

Im experiancing this problem again after the 1.30 update. The camera setting are not saved when you exit the game. Everytime when i start a race i have to set it again and again. Its ***** me off. Fix it sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel