50%
02 Rank
Progress

GT Sport lobby race not refuelling

6 Replies 226 Views Created 2 weeks ago
08 Nov 2018
By Vrho_SI

Hey,

since the issues in GT Sport lobby races are well known, i would like to hear some suggestions to our issues we have in our GT Sport Slovenia group, some issues are already known, and on some others i can't find any solutions or even mentions over the internet. We have a league and mostly do lobby races, and unfortunately the issues had led us to a point that no race finishes without someone being deprived of his (better) finish position. First some facts that may or may not influence our races:

1. We drive Sundays and Wednesdays, start Qualification period at 7pm, start the race at 8pm, and we drive for about an hour till 9pm

2. All players are connected to the internet and ps config says NAT2 Type for all players, max number of players on a server is 11.

3. The host internet connection is 10/4mbps

Issues:

1. Sometimes some of the players cannot see other players already during qualification period, wich later results in a no-start freeze for the player that cannot be seen by other players.

2. THE BIGGEST ISSUE wich we cannot comprehend and has started to show recently is player going to the pits to refuell, only to be sent back on the road with the gas tank not full, it simply stops refuelling. This varies from player to player from only 25% of gas to 80% of gas. Nobody touched the STOP REFUELLING button, we have tried everything from not changing the fuel consumption during the race to moving the cursor away from the STOP REFUELL button. This issue also varies and affects from 2-8 players per race, there are two players that are affected literally every race. 

The latest occurance was yesterday, a player had to pit 3 times in the first 10 laps to finally get a full tank, pictures from all his pit stops bellow, and if i can accept that he may hit the stop refuell button one time, i don't belive he'd make the same mistake twice, even if we had talked about the stop refuelling button right before the race and we agreed that we will move the cursor away from it when the process of refuelling would occure, because this was happenning in the past races:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

At this point i have no further ideas of what to do to fix this, so i decided to post this here. Because this takes the fun out of racing for some people that drive with us, and because our competition can't be fair at this point i need a fix on this =) Please some suggestions i can't find anything on the internet about the issue. THX

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Hi @Vrho_SI

The only thing that comes to mind is to experiment with using another player in your group as the host.

I don't know what type of internet service you guys can get, but keeping in mind that when racing in online lobbies it is the lobby owners internet that essentially hosts all other players, the current situation of the "host internet connection is 10/4mbps" doesn't sound ideal to me.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vrho_SI

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Vrho_SI
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Jep, that's what we thought of first, but since we are in the middle of season 3 and this has only started to show recently and the host has been the same since day one with the same internet connection something had to change, or it's simply a coincidence. I can't say if this is happening since the before the last update, but we will test everything on a better connection definately. For now, we have simply turned off fuel consumption until we find something on this. It's not like the problem with the freeze on the start where you get some info on the internet, it' like literally happening just to our group, so it might be a local issue like you said the internet connection or ISP incompability. Will keep you posted if something pops up.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

91%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
Accepted Solution

We have some sort of this issue in our group as well, but that was some time ago. Around that time, we found out that the not-to-full refueling only occured in races where we changed the initial fuel setting away from default (for realism). So did you set the initial fuel to 90%, 80%, 75% in these cases?

(It is very sad the lobby tends to get buggy whenever settings are chosen to build a realistic race environment like no ghosting, different initial fuel settings etc. Basically everytime the lobby could be used to build better race circumstances than the daily fastfood races for the millennial crowd do, the settings bug....)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vrho_SI

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Vrho_SI
MokoKurukaze
Accepted Solution

Well, we didn't change that, we usually race with initial tanks full, but what we did to include some tactic in our competition is we usually have a setting of 7x tyre wear and 7x fuel consumption, to make it more interesting. Could it be something related to that setting also? So, what did you do to fix that, or are you just not using that setting?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

91%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
Vrho_SI
Accepted Solution

Stopped using the initial fuel setting and the problem was done. However, at some point we simply stopped lobby racing since none of us can host a lobby with ghosting actually working as "none". It's another common problem. Wish they'd just finally fix the game....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vrho_SI

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Vrho_SI
MokoKurukaze
Accepted Solution

Not likely since same problems are occuring since gt6 in lobby games. It seems as the priority are daily and FIA races and noone gives a damn about lobby races. We'll definately try to change the host, but it's not a long term solution as the host organises the whole competition, usually setting 3 servers at once cuz we have more than 40 active members playing with us. Just wish every function would actually work in the game, otherwise it's not fun or fair for everyone

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel