Dartarnixus

42%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport A.I is very bad.

14 Replies 3,562 Views Created 03-11-2017
03 Nov 2017
By Dartarnixus

So during the Campaign you have to race the A.I, but the A.I is just bad. The driving lines doesn't make sense and the speed it has is just horrible or super quick. During the longer races and you this is specially during the endurance challenges there is such a big difference. I can't express how annoying and frustrating it is too have some races that you can finish blindfolded and then the next race is almost impossible to finish. Been trying the 30 min endurance challenge for the last couple of days and it is just frustrating and annoying.

First off you start 30 seconds behind the other cars. There is no logic to that, but it ain't a problem. This isn't a problem because I catch the other cars with over a second each lap even with fuel on 6 (lean). The other cars go into the pit and I learned the first race that I only need 1 pitstop, and they need 2. I take the lead and I know that I will lose that lead after my pitstop. I also know that I will get the lead back after the A.I pit for the second time.

The frustration and what is annoying me way too much is that the A.I is getting quicker and quicker during the race. And it ain't quicker like they just got fresh tires. It starts out like I wrote earlier I am between 1-2 seconds quicker at the start of the race and at the end of the race they are 2-3 seconds quicker than me. My lap times aren't changing much, but the A.I gets up to 5 seconds quicker during the whole race. Where is the balance? How come this is happening on one of the longest challenges?

This is clearly an online focused game and that is the only reason the A.I is so unstable. When you need 1 gold to finish off the mission challenges and you have too use 30 minutes each try on it. Then it isn't very giving too get beaten by an A.I that is all of a sudden 2-3 seconds faster a lap during the 4 last minutes of the race. 

I don't mind losing because of mistakes like pit strategy or spinning out. I have never had this kind of A.I issue in previous Gran Turismo games or any other driving game for that matter. 

Please look into this. 

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ken136okuta

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Ken136okuta
Accepted Solution

Bro the AI is terrible, they just follow the main course and get faster each lap, just got spinned off the track by the AI, really frustrating. The game put a lot of far-play guidance on the sport mode and f##k everything up in the campaign mode. The beta version put me in a real hype and i was waiting like a lot more cars in the definitive version but it aint change almost nothing. Really ***** of with that, missing gt3/gt4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FelipePagR

79%
03 Rank
Progress
FelipePagR
Ken136okuta
Accepted Solution

Worst A.I. ever 
They need to fix it faster possible 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

knniggits

43%
02 Rank
Progress
knniggits
Accepted Solution

I gave this one a go and a managed to win with a fair margin.

I'm surprised you only made one pit stop. I left the fuel on 1 on hard tyres and within 8-10 laps fuel was gone and tyres were shot.

Maybe a change of strategy is required,bang it on fuel 1.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tom99tm

96%
02 Rank
Progress
tom99tm
Accepted Solution

Yeah I think the ai needs sorting in GT league as well they really slow until last lap and have a bit of a charge but nothing to concerning, should be jostling all through the race really, I think the ai should recognise how fast you are and adjust them selfs to your level that would be great 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frontzie

21%
02 Rank
Progress
frontzie
Accepted Solution

I will say the AI are extremely aggressive on Mission Challenge, 4th attempt for the 30 lap Endurance in the 911 RSR, and every time on the 28th lap the AI hit into my car pushing me off the track. Also, coming out of the pits the car feels very sluggish and handles like a barge. The AI in this needs to be fixed. Random seconds being added too (e.g. 26 seconds behind lead, changes to 30 seconds almost instant when driving at the same speed previously) in most events.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT5_andy_m

85%
05 Rank
Progress
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

I agree that the AI is a bit "random" at times. I have completed both the Endurance races and at times I was thinking that it was going to be impossible to get into the top five, never mind first place, and then all of a sudden, with just a few laps to go, some of the front runners go into the pits. I have even seen some coming in as late as the last lap. So, yeah, that is a bit strange.

But, on the other hand, even in real life, peeps make mistakes or are inconsistent, so perhaps this is modelled into the game somehow.

I did a lot of grinding in the Amateur FR race just to bridge the gap between level 27 and level 30, so I got to know the AI pretty well. For some reason it always seemed to be whoever was in the Atenza was the most wayward driver on track, sometimes going off at the hairpins and then next minute up your backside trying to make a pass. Sometimes it was safer just to let him go and overtake him on the next straight.

So, like I say, I agree that the AI isn't great, but I treat is as part of the practice of trying to race clean. The temptation is to get dirty and retaliate sometimes, and I have certainly done that myself from time to time, but at the end of the day, once you start racing online we need to be as clean as possible and taking into account the nature of the AI kind of helps with that, I think.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

That sounds pretty much spot on there, Andy

You could always record the race, watch the screen info to determine if the AI's have issues with Fuel/Track Limits and with each other (crashes), they do make mistakes.

They do certainly prepare you for Kamikaze players in GT Mode.   Quite like that actually...  you are not guaranteed a win every time you take to the track and that makes it more exciting at times..  

Knowing I can do a 1hr race and potential be turned around on the last lap with a Kamikaze Pilot sucks, but I'd rather have the learning experience with these AI's and gain the knowledge of not getting my car in that position in the first place..

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

I have done a bit of racing with the custom setup option, with various classes on various tracks, and imho the A.I. isn't just random, some times it's downright homicidal. Especially when racing at Mount Panorama, because of the high speed, PIT maneuvers are usually spectacular. That being the A.I. doing it to you as you overtake down the Conrod straight. Or the heavy brake-checks coming over the skyline.

The way I see it the problem with the A.I. is, it doesn't teach you how to drive proper. It's more like moving obstacles than actual competitors. Some times it's more comic relief than anything else. Recently I've started doing the Kyoto combo track a lot, I don't really have to overtake anyone, just wait for the A.I. to drive off track. Quite a lot of fun to watch.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

"the AI are extremely aggressive"

I'd say it would depend on what you call aggressive. When you do the first one-hour endurance race, for example, the AI run up to the first right so far on the right that they are in the pit lane exit ALL OF THE TIME! They also make a lot of other mistakes there. This is not only dangerous to your progress, but it is illogical and probably breaks a track rule, not aggressive.

My point is, it depends.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JegErHesteFar

44%
02 Rank
Progress
JegErHesteFar
Accepted Solution

The irony here comes when you have to watch over 6 minutes of videos, telling you about sportsmanship and rules for driving with moral. Then you head to GT-League and get's spinned off almost every open turn, because the AI is agressive and rams your car whenever they can.... sportsmanship my ASS

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

watashi49

67%
02 Rank
Progress
watashi49
Accepted Solution

Having won the new Festa Cavallino series, I thought I'd give it another go.  I've just raced the Nurburgring GP race 3 times against the same AI drivers, and each time I took the lead on the 3rd or 4th lap only to have another 458 Italia take a short-cut through the chicane to pass me.  Getting past the AI car again, I have then been unceremoniously rammed off the track.  Exactly the same in each of the three races.  Come on Kaz, if we've all got to play fair, surely your AI drivers should too!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dennigo

56%
02 Rank
Progress
dennigo
Accepted Solution

he is 100% correct, i've gotton gold in all the missions but the ai gets unfair advantages! don't believe me here's actual video proof! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybulMQI3M_0&t=211s

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mathews-52

22%
02 Rank
Progress
mathews-52
Accepted Solution

Doing any of the singplayer campaign races gets really frustrating when I have an upgraded car or a car that is just the fastest in the category, I can’t even catch the first place car that is just the AI in a default car it’s like they have a speed boost. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sjc-alpha

85%
03 Rank
Progress
Sjc-alpha
mathews-52
Accepted Solution

The new events in campaign mode are particularly bad.

The AI crawl around seemingly speed limited until you get in front, even at these low speeds the AI cannot go around corners. When you get to the front the designated rabbit can go up to 10 seconds a lap quicker, depending on circuit, really annoying. The other day I had an Alfa 4c hunt me down at Fuji ( the race on the World circuit tour event ) and it set the lap record at 1m 47 seconds. I've tried to match this since have not beaten 1m 51 seconds, it's ridiculously fast. In the two new events at stars and stripes the rabbit AI will stay within 2-3 seconds no matter what you or they are driving. 

It's really lazy design and poor implementation and is in desperate need of fixing, please do something PD.

P.S the best way to win the short races is to NEVER overtake the lead car until last lap, the rabbit has no chance of catching you then.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel