casteddarkness

47%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport - PURE TRASH

87 Replies 6,181 Views Created 20-10-2017
20 Oct 2017
By casteddarkness

I've waited for GTS since it was announced.

Couldn't wait! First game I played was Gran Turismo 2 and I was obsessed with it! It had so much stuff to do and so many special cars you could win... AND USE... 

To start off, the campaign... well it's literally "License" mode with no sense of achievement. 

Once youre finished it, you win a few cars that you can't even use! I'm not joking.. theres no point buying cars anymore because whenever you go to join races you choose from a set collection. Theres no sense of achievement for your hard work earning in game credits.

Theres no career mode or AI tournaments. Only racing online against other people - which the majority of the races dont open for 2 weeks and there are only 3 races you can do which dont change for a week despite being called "daily races" ... I paid 70 euro for this garbage can of a game and I am outraged at the fact that you cant do ***** all in it.

Do yourself a favour, read all the review first like i didnt do and dont buy this game. I let the excitement get the better of me and i tell you i am so disappointed. 

Trust me. Buy a playstation 2 and buy gran turismo 3. Its cheaper and way more fun. 

Complete waste of money. Its a shame i cant get a refund.

LABELS: Features & Apps
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
96%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Ooohh look another happy customer 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Yes, another Happy Customer that did no research on the Game they bought and blaming someone else for their mistake.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Reggie_Oz

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Reggie_Oz
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I didn't "research" the game either...Why would I , I've been playing Gran Turismo for years and years and always got a brilliant game

This version is garbage!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Reggie_Oz
Accepted Solution

You were not one bit curious that the game was called something else??

GT Sport does not sound like GT7

You never played the Closed Beta or the recent Open Demo that ran a few days before release??

All the clues were there, that this game would not be a further instalment of the GT Franchise as we have played in the past.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Reggie_Oz

63%
02 Rank
Progress
Reggie_Oz
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

No I wasn't...because as I said ,every GT I have ever played has been brilliant

A lot of people will be disappointed with it

They should have called it  GT Online Sports

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Death-Calibre

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Death-Calibre
Reggie_Oz
Accepted Solution

Should've checked out the reviews. Don't go blaming the developer for creating something that was clearly not a further instalment of the GT you know and love.

This focus is Online Racing and GT Academy.

I think the game is brilliant, well executed and all the information was there before you decided to make the purchase on what type of game it was.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Reggie_Oz
Accepted Solution

You cannot blame PD for this.... if they had called it GT7.... then you would have an argument to that effect.

Much of the negativity surrounding this game is from people expecting the game to run like previous editions that were the numbered games (GT1 through to 6).  

This game has been in the Media for a long time.... it's taken years of development.

Playing the Open Demo, showed us the aspects of the game.

Anyone could have made theirs minds up then, whether to purchase or not.

This was going to be the game that I purchased the PS4 for, as I normally just play driving games... but I decided to buy into DiRT last year.   I'm also quite happy that I've not purchased my copy yet...  GT5 & GT6 had their share of problems and I Pre Ordered both those.... learnt that lesson.

It is what it is....  at least you may do some research before buying another game.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
95%
02 Rank
Progress
GranTuriTourTrop
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

but i CAN & i DO!! BLAME Them for very very poor bad work, maybe sloppy, maybe too high Goal/$... dunno. however so many wrong issues i wont mention each, just after recent UP???DATE - wth? getts all worse? no replay save slot ( appears gray, empty), 20x game freez/crash in a single hour?? cannot retry circuit lap/sectors time trial - always same fatal result "Ga’me(rbage) Over!" -clap-clap-slapp-  thanx, but no!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
GranTuriTourTrop
Accepted Solution

Perhaps you should read my responses again.....  

What you are saying is not what I was saying.

I've been saying that people have been expecting this game to be like the previous games - GT1 through to GT6 because they could not be bothered to do any research.....   This GT Sport is a new breed of a game....   not GT7

You can't blame PD,  or the Publishers....  they have not advertised this game as GT7.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
95%
02 Rank
Progress
GranTuriTourTrop
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

same about you, you should get my point too. it doesn't matter if gt7 or gts, i'd doesn't mind of concept by itself but i pretty much mind that game dont work satisfyingly enough , yet? hopefully so.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
GranTuriTourTrop
Accepted Solution

I understand your point but it might have been better raised in another Thread.

I've held off buying this game as I'm aware of your point....

Servers need to run a lot better for me to start with, as that's where most of my Racing is done.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
95%
02 Rank
Progress
GranTuriTourTrop
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

okay, g'luck to you and any1 else. with a greeting - Petr from Czech republic 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Solidus--03

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Solidus--03
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Ava your an idiot we where expecting GT what we got was gt6 physics with almost no real tracks and an ok paint booth. The sport part told me it would lean towards racing cars but what' the point if your not racing on real world tracks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Solidus--03
Accepted Solution

There's no need to name call just because somebody has a different opinion to you. There's more intelligent ways to get your voice across.

I'm not overly intelligent, and I can do it so I'm sure if you put your mind to it you'll manage just fine 

As for the rest of the comment,

All the "Sport" branding refers to is that they are incorporating a competitive side to the game. It doesn't say anything about being real world, and they don't have any official series license at the moment anyway.

Some of PD's own tracks are also some of the best tracks out there, and with all the real world tracks being in many other racing games, I personally am not too bothered about real or not, as long as more of them come soon.

Your comment about expecting GT, and then complaining that you got GT physics is a little confusing though.

The only problem I have with the game is that it probably should have been called 'GT Sport-Concept' and released as more of an ongoing beta product, rather than advertised as a final release.

I like how quickly PD have been to turn around a lot of our problems based on user feedback, but there is also lot of experimenting going on with the game too even at this stage.

I don't have too much of a problem with it as I can see where they are heading, and that this is probably more of a testbed for the multiplayer side of GT7. With a game as large as a normal GT release, I think it would have been a bigger mess for them to try and fix things, so better to do it now as a standalone at least.

I can also understand why some people are frustrated with this release though.

I'm pretty sure even if they had released it branded as 'GT Sport-Concept' it still would have sold almost as many copies anyway, and probably would have lead to less complaints and slightly more patience from some of the people that bought it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

About the expecting GT and complaining about physics, if I may offer a possible explanation.

Think of GT6 on the PS3 as a beautiful old 18th century thatched manor, but with a woodburning stove and a drafty outhouse and mold in the walls etc. It was absolutely adorable and romantic, so you put up with the flaws.

Then one night, a fire happened, burning the manor to the ground. But instead of rebuilding the manor with upgrades like wi-fi and one of those snazzy brushed steel kitchens and heated floors etc., they decided to keep everything as it was, drafty outhouse and all.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Mr_Tibblez
Accepted Solution

... It's because was a listed and historical building 😜

😁

I'm not best pleased with the physics either. I find it hard to be consistent with them on occasion, but I can be fine on simulators. 

I was only pointing out in my reply that Solidus rudely said to Ava that we were expecting GT, and then said that they didn't like that we got GT 😁

If they were going to be rude they could at least make sense about it. 

GT physics have felt like this for as long as I can remember playing. It's lacking slightly, but it's not new news either. Gt6 physics felt basically the same as gt5 & 4. Obviously they tweak here and there.

I don't think it will be until the next gen when the Consoles are powerful enough to give the shiny visuals they want, and a better physics engine combined. 

For now I think they are still more about visual aesthetics. That's where the main area of gt's upgrades *****a wifi/shiny kitchen go each time so far

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

Currently £32 cash trade in at CEX.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719827450#.WemxiKDTXMI

Hurry though my niece who works there says it will be half that in a matter of weeks due to the amount being traded in after a matter of days since launch.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
98%
15 Rank
Progress
castaway666
mont348
Accepted Solution

I can pick it up for £36 new in Tesco with discount.... not too bad.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
mont348
Accepted Solution

Ohhh. Poor PD....    You got to feel kinda little sad for them,  years of development and they only succeeded making a game for the most dedicated of GT Fans... this is not a game for the casual player, and for people that never did any research expecting it to be like the previous 6 games.

CEX might want to lower that selling price as well... nobody will pay to buy a copy.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

You know, I've been thinking about you and your replies for a while. Something was off, and I couldn't put my finger on it. But now I know what it is, the marketing department. The problem is GT Sport is exactly like the previous 6 versions. Same physics engine, same tyre model etc, the only thing that has changed is the visuals. Which makes the game more or less 20 years old.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel