mickayb88

45%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport online play SUCKS

36 Replies 4,399 Views Created 22-10-2017
22 Oct 2017
By mickayb88

So far the sport play in Gran Turismo Sport is basically unplayable. 

1. It won't save any qualifying times. I set a time which should put me somewhere in the top 5, the race starts and it hasn't saved which means im basically in last place. Im good but i cant make up 24 places in a short 4 lap race.

2. The SR system is completely wrong. While stuck at the back thanks to the qualifying glitch I get bumped and rear ended all the time. I get a slow down message and i get penalised. In one lap i was stung with an extra 15 seconds.

4 years in the making and this is what we get stuck with? If it doesn't get fixed fast im returning the game.

Not cool Gran Turismo 

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RealZoneBoy

42%
02 Rank
Progress
RealZoneBoy
Accepted Solution

The penalty system is totally wrong. I just had a race and driving at second position and after a while I got hit and drove out. It doesn’t make it up if those person get 1-3 seconds penalty for that or someone gets even out from the race. I’m still not at the same position as before but they can even win the race.

Where does the racing etiquette matter?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The5amKebab

86%
02 Rank
Progress
The5amKebab
Accepted Solution

You mention the qualifying glitch, what is that? I've been ranked SR all the way up to S and Dr up to mid B yet I always seem to get grouped with ridiculously fast racers that are way faster and I'm always put in the latter half or back of the starting grid no matter what my DR and SR was. I'm sure there's plenty of other people I could be matched with closer to my skill and at least a start or 2 near the front. You mention glitch so is there something causing this?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NOZonline

• Beta Tester
83%
09 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

When gts was in production the racing etiquette was part of the campaign and there was etiquette lessons much like driving lessons instead they have removed these and slapped some video lessons instead!

Why they removed these is stupid, I guess they wanted to cater to not just the hardcore?

I was actually looking forward to the now removed etiquette trials.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rockdude1956

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Rockdude1956
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

there is no racing etiquette....it's just a bunch of lunatics who have no idea how to drive!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

furryhawk

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
furryhawk
Accepted Solution

I'd say about 1 in 20 try to play the game properly. It's like there's bonus points for ruining the game for others or something.

I see someone coming behind now and I move over for them, yet they just move too so they can still hit me.

Game might be good when call of duty comes out and the idiots move on to that. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InTheZone

35%
02 Rank
Progress
InTheZone
Accepted Solution

I'm enjoying online a lot. Won my first two races yesterday, have only dealt with just a few over-aggressive drivers, have yet to be falsely penalized and almost every race my skill improved(Blue).

I'm no expert at this game but I'm improving. And just like the videos show I try not to hit other cars at all costs. I use the radar view to judge nearby cars I can't see while driving, that helps a lot around corners or just overtaking.

Edit: just saw they took away my 10000 posts dating back to my registration date, yet decided to keep that date visible... logic...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Molljnar

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

I don't think it sucks but I do think PD would have been better having an offline championship mode with full seasons and cups instead of a disjointed and empty-feeling arcade mode  i.e. a traditional racing game. I think this would keep many of the 'unguided missiles' out of Sport mode. It could even have a system to 'encourage' competitive skills development for those who do want to advance. As it stands there is nothing else in the game that provides a feeling of competing, other than the Sport mode so that is where everyone ends up.......good or bad.

The SR system is an interesting idea but at the moment it's flawed. It needs to penalise the guilty and not the innocent. If you are competing against others in an online racing environment, one that is supposed to be as near to the real thing as possible then it's simple; as in the real world, break the rules or drive recklessly and you get disqualified. I'd even suggest that the next race those offenders start at the back of the grid with a slow down penalty so that everyone else can get a clear start :D

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Haddonfield1031

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Haddonfield1031
Molljnar
Accepted Solution

Agreed, I get hit from behind ruining my race and I get penalized for it. Stupid!!! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
47%
02 Rank
Progress
PeeStationNowork
Accepted Solution

i am honestly top sceptic about any enhancement [since all of that online MP content became standard...] deep disappointment, joy, any fun gone over! persist only frustration. too much of error, glitch, modern trends sux in my opinion. focus at results, ranking etc instead of solid, [beta experiment free], legit, helpful and userfriendly, steady functionality... thumb/s down, [welcome] say HELLO to HELL!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FOOFER37

21%
02 Rank
Progress
FOOFER37
Accepted Solution

Yep, multiplayer totally sucks. Reason? Typical idiots that are just that. Idiots. Unless they implement ghosting, this simply will not change. Constant rammers everywhere. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT5_andy_m

85%
05 Rank
Progress
GT5_andy_m
FOOFER37
Accepted Solution

I thought there was "ghosting." Certainly was in my first ten races so far.

My experience has been generally good. Some strange instances, where I did a totally clean lap with the guys ahead of and behind me at least five seconds away and somehow I got a message that my SR had gone down. But that only happened once.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Haddonfield1031

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Haddonfield1031
Accepted Solution

Gran Turismo Sport online is a complete joke. Nobody knows how to race. They just drive into you. Great game but maybe we can get some Project Cars 2 or even Forza players to show you how it's done. Thanks for ruining the game!!!!! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rockdude1956

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Rockdude1956
Haddonfield1031
Accepted Solution

my sentiments exactly...the whole online racing thing is just a farce

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VETO-Bosie

43%
02 Rank
Progress
VETO-Bosie
Accepted Solution

Sick of it too. Every race in 10 I get a good race. Other than that I'm just there getting knocked about and taking SR and time hits. Guy comes out the pits, I'm on the other side of the road. He dives across the track, sends me spinning.  I get a 2 second time penalty and an SR hit. I'm turning into a corner, guy hits the side of me at speed. I spin out and get SR and time. Repeat.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tarabass123

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Tarabass123
Accepted Solution

There is so much to say about the game that could have been better, and unfortunately MP is one of those things. I'm totally frustrated about it. My ratings are dropping because of some people hitting me and ruin my game, resulting in even more idiots in the next game because of the lower rating.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

To get back on topic...

"1. It won't save any qualifying times. I set a time which should put me somewhere in the top 5, the race starts and it hasn't saved which means im basically in last place. Im good but i cant make up 24 places in a short 4 lap race."

I don't see this nor hear anything about it, so it is likely something that is happening just at your end. If you don't set a qualifying time, then you will start at the back. If you set a time, then it has always worked right, after they fixed the initial sorting issue.

Anything else is an anomaly of which I am not aware.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Meniscus331

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Meniscus331
Accepted Solution

The biggest issue is the boost, slipstream and grip reduction settings. There is no need for them, let alone them being default set to "unrealistic".

These options have divided the community, and divided it in favour of people who don't care about driving etiquette or realism. It has made it next to impossible for people who actually wanted "the real driving simulator" to find a race.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Meniscus331
Accepted Solution

I try to use as real settings as reasonable in my lobbies. It helps to keep the riff-raff out when in public.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
26%
02 Rank
Progress
JARVspecialneeds
Accepted Solution

gt sport is a good game its just the retards who want to play bumper cars that spoil the game.im getting really wound up with it.i want to race n race fairly but its just impossible n something needs to be done about it.plus in qually people are setting a time then doing whatever to spoil your time.should be a seperate race section for people who race fair 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mayhem_Infnity

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Mayhem_Infnity
Accepted Solution

This game sucks, online races are for experts who know how to knock you out of the the race without penalties because they have nothing better to do. ***** this game. And ***** polyphoidigital for allowing this to continue 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel