87%
02 Rank
Progress

Grip Bug

[ Edited ]
18 Replies 2,042 Views edited 15-01-2018
10 Jan 2018
By Digtater

New Grip Bug thread here with a lot more information. Including 2 or 3 other significant bugs that need working out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread-v2.373389/

This is a copy/paste of a thread made by GT_Alex74 over at GTP talking about the bug:

"This thread is there to gather all the informations forum members found on a bug which can potentially have a huge impact on the game in the same place and in an organized way, in a hope Polyphony Digital can use this to identify and solve this issue in the best possible conditions. I will ask you to refrain from posting rants about the game or devs as that won't help in any manner and I'd like this topic to remain as clean as possible to allow further discussion if needed. I myself didn't do much except watching and asking a few questions, credits goes to those who did the research and RA1784 for taking his time to do all the tests.

- What is this bug ?

Basically, it is a bug which seem to change the physics of the game, allowing people who benefit from this lap times around 3 seconds or more faster than what they would achieve in regular conditions. It allows to brake much later and accelerate sooner than normal, while giving superior stability, as if the car was on rails.

- How was it discovered ? 

Courtesy of some fellow GT Planet members and regular top 10 scorers for years. These guys noticed new people putting up abnormally fast laps above regular world records, so they started watching closely the replays and noticed something was wrong. It was publicly called out by Spurgy on GT Planet and after some exchanges on the bug report thread, RA1784 invited people who showed interest in the investigation into a PSN chat to clear things out. RA1784 was asked to perform various tests until we found where it came from.

- What we know :

* it is directly related with the game progress save file (deleting it and not loading it back removes the glitch)
* it is not related to the game settings save file (deleting it doesn't change anything)
* uninstalling and reinstalling GT Sport doesn't remove the glitch
* it is not related to console hardware
* it is not related to the temporary files cache
* it works even on the softest tyre compound
* it is not caused by a set of driving assists
* it is not linked with liveries or gifted cars
* it is not caused by internet connexion speed
* it works both online (lobbies and sport mode) and offline with all cars
* it might be connected to another bug (driving preferences such as ABS, FFB and transmission always resetting)
* at least 4 different users were spotted driving with this glitch thanks to suspect lap times in the top 10 leaderboard replays, but there might be naturally slower drivers outside of top 10 infected with this bug as well
* it effects lap times by around 3 or 4 seconds per lap
* it is not connected to the debug menu glitch

- What we don't know :

* what triggers the bug
* what exactly it does to the physics
* if using a T100 wheel had any effect
* if an update can corrupt a savefile
* how many people exactly are touched by this

As regular players, I think we did pretty much everything we could do with the tools we have access to and the much appreciated cooperation of RA1784. It is now in the hands of Sony and Polyphony Digital to identify precisely what's wrong in the saves, figure out the technical details and work to solve this issue."

I've had to remove the links to avoid running into HTML errors and post flooding after an edit but you can find them in the original thread here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread.373223/

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Andryush

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Andryush
Accepted Solution

Hope it will be patched!

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the info. and comprehensive testing.

Nice work.  

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT-Alex74

66%
02 Rank
Progress
GT-Alex74
Accepted Solution

Thanks for spreading the word around there ;)

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Digtater

87%
02 Rank
Progress
Digtater
Accepted Solution

Fingers crossed it's a quick fix.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Andryush

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Andryush
Accepted Solution

@Digtater So user @RA1784 deleted bugged save file from the servers? Maybe it's better to get it back online so PD guys can look into it??

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT-Alex74

66%
02 Rank
Progress
GT-Alex74
Andryush
Accepted Solution

He kept a backup on a USB key, we agreed not to publish it online to prevent any hacking possibilities, if PD can't access that on their own for whatever reason, he can provide the save file to them if they do ask for it.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Andryush

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Andryush
GT-Alex74
Accepted Solution

I meant that he should get it back on his console.

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Digtater

87%
02 Rank
Progress
Digtater
Accepted Solution

I'm not running the show here so can't say either way.

There are other people with the bug mentioned in the same thread I linked to so PD will have a source to check for their bug.

@MastrGT

If you hear anything back from PD, could you keep us updated on it please? @GT-Alex74 will be able to keep everyone informed then.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THC_gtmic

89%
02 Rank
Progress
THC_gtmic
Digtater
Accepted Solution

Agreed, any sort of update on the situation would be most welcome

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
THC_gtmic
Accepted Solution

As you know, PDI is very tightlipped about things. I made sure they knew about the issue, so, as a guess, we will probably have to wait until the next update to get it resolved.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THC_gtmic

89%
02 Rank
Progress
THC_gtmic
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Cheers, Thanks

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bcbudrock69

23%
02 Rank
Progress
bcbudrock69
Accepted Solution

Theres one user suspected of having the gripbug and told he is suspected of having it but doesnt seem to care and keeps using it .  

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Digtater

87%
02 Rank
Progress
Digtater
Accepted Solution

I think the majority of people with the bug have no idea they've got it or even aware of its existence.

If the GTP thread is anything to go by, genuinely quick drivers look dubious to some people and that can cause unwarranted suspicion and accusation.

There's been some very good investigative work into isolating the bug early on and hopefully it points PD in the right direction for a rapid fix. 

Bide your time on any accusations and let PD work it out. 

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Andryush

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Andryush
Accepted Solution

@teramoto_pd Maybe you could give us some insight on what is actually going on with this bug?

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Digtater

87%
02 Rank
Progress
Digtater
Accepted Solution

New Grip Bug thread here with a lot more information. Including 2 or 3 other significant bugs that need working out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread-v2.373389/

This is a copy/paste of a thread made by GT_Alex74 over at GTP talking about the bug:

"This thread is there to gather all the informations forum members found on a bug which can potentially have a huge impact on the game in the same place and in an organized way, in a hope Polyphony Digital can use this to identify and solve this issue in the best possible conditions. I will ask you to refrain from posting rants about the game or devs as that won't help in any manner and I'd like this topic to remain as clean as possible to allow further discussion if needed. I myself didn't do much except watching and asking a few questions, credits goes to those who did the research and RA1784 for taking his time to do all the tests.

- What is this bug ?

Basically, it is a bug which seem to change the physics of the game, allowing people who benefit from this lap times around 3 seconds or more faster than what they would achieve in regular conditions. It allows to brake much later and accelerate sooner than normal, while giving superior stability, as if the car was on rails.

- How was it discovered ? 

Courtesy of some fellow GT Planet members and regular top 10 scorers for years. These guys noticed new people putting up abnormally fast laps above regular world records, so they started watching closely the replays and noticed something was wrong. It was publicly called out by Spurgy on GT Planet and after some exchanges on the bug report thread, RA1784 invited people who showed interest in the investigation into a PSN chat to clear things out. RA1784 was asked to perform various tests until we found where it came from.

- What we know :

* it is directly related with the game progress save file (deleting it and not loading it back removes the glitch)
* it is not related to the game settings save file (deleting it doesn't change anything)
* uninstalling and reinstalling GT Sport doesn't remove the glitch
* it is not related to console hardware
* it is not related to the temporary files cache
* it works even on the softest tyre compound
* it is not caused by a set of driving assists
* it is not linked with liveries or gifted cars
* it is not caused by internet connexion speed
* it works both online (lobbies and sport mode) and offline with all cars
* it might be connected to another bug (driving preferences such as ABS, FFB and transmission always resetting)
* at least 4 different users were spotted driving with this glitch thanks to suspect lap times in the top 10 leaderboard replays, but there might be naturally slower drivers outside of top 10 infected with this bug as well
* it effects lap times by around 3 or 4 seconds per lap
* it is not connected to the debug menu glitch

- What we don't know :

* what triggers the bug
* what exactly it does to the physics
* if using a T100 wheel had any effect
* if an update can corrupt a savefile
* how many people exactly are touched by this

As regular players, I think we did pretty much everything we could do with the tools we have access to and the much appreciated cooperation of RA1784. It is now in the hands of Sony and Polyphony Digital to identify precisely what's wrong in the saves, figure out the technical details and work to solve this issue."

I've had to remove the links to avoid running into HTML errors and post flooding after an edit but you can find them in the original thread here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread.373223/

I've bumped the thread (sorry) as there is a new thread underway (less confused) with more info on the bug. At the top of this reply.

They've also found 2 or 3 more significant bugs that need really need looking at.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Digtater

87%
02 Rank
Progress
Digtater
Accepted Solution

As an update. This bug was fixed in the last update.

Nice job @MastrGT . Much appreciated.

Grip Bug

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
94%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Grip Bug

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JavaDuke

95%
04 Rank
Progress
JavaDuke
Accepted Solution

As already commented by @Digtater this issue was addressed on version 1.11

The fix is not detailed in update details but fits under "Other Improvements and Adjustments: - Various other issues have been addressed."

If possible mark this thread as solved.

References
GT Sport Update Details 1.11

Grip Bug Thread v2

Grip Bug

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel