Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Sep 2018
By Naxxor83

Naxxor83

29%
02 Rank
Progress

I can't find matches in my region (South America) with acceptable ping my psn account is from N.A

3 Replies 227 Views Created 13-09-2018
12 Sep 2018
By Naxxor83

I'm from Chile and I've bought the game yesterday and when trying to play online matches the test ping always is over 140ms (very bad) and I'm forced to play with lag in a region where is far away where I live. I couldn't find a filter that allowed me to choose south america for a better experience. Is there other way I can play in South AMerica servers?? or should I just sell the game??? I cant afford such a gameplay with lag

My PSN account is registered in U.S by the way and I don't have any lag issues in other games I play where I can choose south american server/region

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

93%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
Accepted Solution

Try: creating an account that is supposedly from Australia or New Zealand and see if the ping improves. You may actually be "closer" to the Asian region servers than the American ones which are in the US.

Also try lobby races from that region. There is a checkbox in the lobby that needs to be unchecked to do so, saying something like "only my region" IIRC.

GT Sport has basically just three regions, and that are the regions they devide the people to race in:

America (no North or South or Middle), Europe+Africa+Middle East (combined), and Asia+Oceania.

Your region is decided by your account settings, which can't be changed (at least not without customer service). That is why trying an account from Australia could help you, you will be automatically moved to the Asian region servers when using that account.

In the Europe Region, we have some countries connecting to races with users usually having a bad connection as well (usually Scandinavian countries and South Africa). The game developers do especially not care about the African market (or we would have gotten Kyalami Circuit in this game series long ago already).

I hopy the account thing or testing from the lobby will help you, because the only other thing you can do is probably moving to the US or Canada or Mexico.

I can't find matches in my region (South America) with acceptable ping my psn account is from N.A

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Naxxor83

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Naxxor83
Accepted Solution

No results... I activated my ps4 as a primary U.S account and created a sub account with south american info. But the ping is still over 140ms and my connection for every other game in brazilian serv3rs works perfect at a 60ms or less, So theony thing I left to do is selling thegame or hope polyphony releases an option for selecting region or matchmaking with the lower ping values

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

93%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
Naxxor83
Accepted Solution

You seem to do not understand that GT Sport does not have specific South American servers. Their region selection is America (for North and South), Asia (for Japan and Australia etc) and Europe/Rest (serving Europe, Africa and Middle East). Your South American account is looking for the same servers as your US account. Try an Australian account to see if the Asian servers are closer.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel