02 Rank
Progress

Lost all cars patch 1.20

10 Replies 446 Views Created 13-06-2018
13 Jun 2018
By arcadexx

** edited, I originally posted in the wrong thread **

Hi,

So I've been reading about this and after 1.20 I still don't have my cars except for the DLC.

Tried everything, my last cloud save is from my other PS4, same account, where I have the cars and progress, no matter what I do, the PD online save says I don't have anything except the DLC cars... progress and money is intact.

If i load the last save, go offline and play I can see all the cars..go online and PD servers reset the cars and progress to 0.. *****.. really.

This is why online and always online sucks.

This is a PD error and afters months and hours and hours I have 0 because of their error.

They don't even come close to speak to the community, disclose something, some solution. 

Last patch 1.20 said it fixed...well it didn't and alot of people are having the same issue.

I feel like selling the game if there is no solution, because, I'm not gonna raise my levels, grind everything from scratch. Whatever I had I got it by plauung fair, no credits exploits etc..so there is no way I'm going to pour months and months of time again, when these errors happen because PD refuses to let the game save offline.

This is the best and worst GT title yet.

LABELS: update
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

arcadexx

49%
02 Rank
Progress
arcadexx
Accepted Solution

Just checked again, when we choose to download the backup and delete the game files, the game launches and checks for the servers and doesn't recognize the save data, probably overides it by the data on the PD servers.

What does a backup even do here when PD data overides it? Now I have 0 progress from the PD server's.

This is beyond frustrating, this is ridiculous and the major gaming news outlets should report it, how are PD going to fix this ? They should let us use the backup data we have without overide it when the game checks for online data.

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

I've had a bit of a look into this situation, and tested a few things.

I have my main account, and a second account that I use for testing things.

My main account/save was created on release day of the game.

My second account/save was created about 3 months ago.

Both accounts are on the same PS4, so both use the same PS4 firmware and GT Sport software versions.

Both accounts also share the same DLC cars.

Most testing was done on the second account.

I could possibly do more testing on my main account, but it's fair to say I'm a little reluctant to play around with that particular save file.

I found that the 2 accounts behave differently, and also that the second account now behaves differently than it did a month or so ago.

I used to be able to use the USB backup save file on the second account.

It seems this is no longer the case.

But after limited testing with my main account, it seems the game still responds to my USB backup save file.

Here is an example:

I copied the save file of my second account to USB.

I then went back into the game and changed cars.

The 2 save files (console and USB) for that account now look like this.

41784135835_ab9008c902_h

41784144695_1b32631589_h

The game has me currently using the Subaru WRX.

The USB save has my current car as the Mazda LM55.

Overwriting the console save with the USB save should have the game boot up with me in the Mazda.

But this is not the case. 

It seems the server save is taking priority and ignoring the console save.

Alternatively, if I repeat the process using my main account, the console save is used and the change of cars is applied in-game on boot up.

Why the two accounts behave differently I've no clue.

It wasn't the case prior to (I believe) Ver. 1.19

So to me it seems as though something has changed recently.

And oddly it is only effecting my more recently created account.

Lost all cars patch 1.20

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MathieuCollin

86%
02 Rank
Progress
MathieuCollin
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem. I lost all my cars 3 months ago and still now I cant get a hold on the racing kart. This annoys me so much!! Is it even so difficult to read these massages by an official PD member and report this and just add the racing kart to brand central. Losing al your cars is very bad but making it worse by not be able to get a hold on some cars again is just terrible!

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jameswhorlow

79%
02 Rank
Progress
jameswhorlow
Accepted Solution

I am exactly the same position. I have tried everything. I believe this update (1.20) has caused the problem. I only have the dlc cars left. Thats over 100 cars gone! Trying to getting in contact with sony but no use

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

arcadexx

49%
02 Rank
Progress
arcadexx
Accepted Solution

I have a cloud dave, that save is prior to the patch that caused this hole mess, but no matter what I do, the PD servers override my backup everytime I go online, the only way to retain my cars and progress is to play offline...this is unacceptable.

This mess was either created by PD or a change into Sony firmware, I bought a game not a service, I have the physical disk...doesn't matter, the game online saves prevent any backup to work or load.

I very upset at Sony and PD..for the players right? 

No communication whatsoever.

I'm using both PS4 legacy and Pro, same account, doesn't matter which console I choose as main, the backup doesn't stick.

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kurach_PL

75%
02 Rank
Progress
Kurach_PL
Accepted Solution

i have the same problem, i lost a save (overwritten) and 6 months progress.

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

arcadexx

49%
02 Rank
Progress
arcadexx
Accepted Solution

If this isn't fixed, I have no choice but to sell it, I'm not going to grind everything from scratch...from 0... This is absurd :(

This isn't our fault

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sandman0633

24%
02 Rank
Progress
sandman0633
Accepted Solution

The same happened to me and man I am so ***** off it’s not even funny! I have been in contact with Sony via live chat and twitter. I have sent a few disgruntled tweets to the developer himself with no response! I finally called PS support and was given a $20 refund. As far as I’m concerned they still owe me $40!Don’t let up bud we shouldn’t have to pay a dime for a corrupt game! I wasted 6 months of my life and lost 138 purchased cars and 186 days logged on cars. Polyphony won’t respond. They are exactly that phony! The worst part is there are cars that cannot be recovered because they were given out with certain game completions like the “kart”. I cannot enter any daily races with cars that cannot be purchased or recovered!

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hanabiratachi48

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Hanabiratachi48
Accepted Solution

This seems to have happened to a lot of people but PD can't seem to be bothered to admit they screwed up. Dunno how they expect people or FIA to take the game seriously when they can't admit to or fix their mistakes.

Ohh right, they only care about the E-Sport gamers now days. The rest of us don't matter anymore. As for FIA, they probably just look the other way while taking a few more bucks from PD/Sony.

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

arcadexx

49%
02 Rank
Progress
arcadexx
Accepted Solution

I'm usually very calm and thoughtful about comment on things, IV waited for the 1.20 patch, they said it would fix this.. on the vague notes it's said to be fixed...

I guess I need to contacy Sony support team and maybe a few gaming news outlets so at least this comes to mainstream.

This isn't a MMO , its a racing game with offline content tied to always online to be saved and played full...

As I said before, for me at least, the best and worst GT title to date.

0 Kudos

Lost all cars patch 1.20

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel