Bludevil1468

25%
02 Rank
Progress

My Gran Turismo 5 problems

33 Replies 3,343 Views Created 30-07-2012
30 Jul 2012
By Bludevil1468

Recently I have had the last straw with theses problems and would like some advice, First of I have a problem with my load times (a known problem) with tracks and my garage ( I have alot of cars i know this). Problem two started when my data corrupted but i had a usb with my data on it and when it currupted i cant save replays of any kind about a month later i couldnt use photo mode at all otherwise i get stuck in a loading screen. My most recent problems would include snow tracks causing me to freeze while online, freezing in the tunning shop while buying parts for my cars, not being able to recive paint or the GT Acedemy cars for the events specificly for them, not being able to buy raceing modifications to cars and just now not being able to get in the new GT Academy special events. Normally i can tell when im about to freeze in the special events because 1 or more pictures will be missing and wont load at all and it will be as if its loading but cant. With the gifts section if I click on the icon its fine but if I click anything after that it will freeze and act as if its loading.I bielive there are more problems but i am sure of the ones listed above some of these problems have been ongoing for a while now and i have done everything like clearing my cache(today) and reinstalling all update and games data (yesterday). If theres anything that could fix this feel free to reply back.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the GT forum, Bludevil1468!

You will first have to determine what is corrupted,

Is it your progress file, the install, or both?

Just because you re-installed once doesn't mean that it worked, so you may have to re-install more than once. Because we are at the end of a month, be careful of any bandwidth cap you may be under.

Do you have any other progress file back-up copies? The one you are using now may be causing some problems. If you don't then try using a new one and see if your problems continue. If not, then it is likelu that the install is still causing problems.

As always, don't overwrite any good progress files.

0 Kudos

Re: My Gran Turismo 5 problems

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fastfast

88%
02 Rank
Progress
fastfast
Accepted Solution

i had extra long loading times and random crashes coupled with a burning hot PS3 i was worried until i did the unthinkable and applied a vacuum cleaner nozzle to all the vents and sucked all the dirt and dust out.

this helped heaps and maybe you should try it just in case you aint yet

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bludevil1468

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Bludevil1468
Accepted Solution

Well I have gone through 3 reinstalls and deleted everything involving Gran Turismo 5 and then take the save off my usb and copied it to keep my progress.So far I have been told its my disc but just yesterday I was racing normally no problems then my screen went black flashed white twice and I was in the xmb menu so now im wondering if it could be the playstation itself. I have had the 160GB slim for about 8 months now,my Gran Turismo 5 disc since day one so its nor suspiring if this is the cause of my problems. I don't think that the disc itself is the cause of all the problems most likely a good amount of these problems and im going to get a spec 2 disc sometime in the near future to see if that frees up some problems.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

While B-R discs are rarely the cause of problems, I have seen a few people bothered by them. However, they are relatively easy to check or clean, either by running yours on another console or by using a different disc in yours.

Hardware problems sound like the likely cause, based on your last post. Again, checking your disc elsewhere may help pinpoint the problem area. I also think you should check the integrity of your progress file by starting a new one (don't lose you old one).

Has the console been kept in a clean environment? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bludevil1468

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Bludevil1468
Accepted Solution

Yes i like to keep my console clean and is not near a wall,I have recently got a new disc and problems are still there i have already missed out on two GT Academy seasonal races and not in the best of spirates about it. Im going to delete the profile (keep it on usb) and make a new one like you recomended and I will keep you posted on the progress I make, Thank you for taking the time to help and read this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bludevil1468

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Bludevil1468
Accepted Solution

well it seems as the disc fixed a problem like photomode I still cannot recieve GT Academy cars or gifts but im going to test the full extent of my problems (saving replays,all photomode locations,snowtracks etc...) I will reply back when I have a conclution with the new disc

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

You have a lot of different issues going on, so it is difficult for me to guess what a complete solution will be.

However, just be aware that getting Academy gifts may be a long-term problem for you (and a few other players). Don't try to receive any Academy gifts until you have a progress file working, one that you want to continue using, because these cars can only be received once.

In your last post you indicated that your gift system seems to be stuck. If I understand the issue correctly, then having someone send one more gift to you and successfully receiving it should unstick it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jsbier

23%
02 Rank
Progress
jsbier
Accepted Solution

My problem is that when I tried to enter my 1970ford mustang trans cammer it wouldn't  leave me enter it what should I do 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the GT forum, jsbier!

Do you still have this problem? Have you noticed anything else odd going on?

Make sure you are making additional back-up copies not on your console's hard drive.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
Just now I've downloaded the DLC pack for Gran Turismo 5 and I've disconnected to the Internet right now. When I wanted to choose the DLC car, an error just occur, it says "The DLC were not installed. Please reinstall it again" so how am I going to solve this problem?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whose_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
whose_online
Accepted Solution

After you have bought DLC it needs to be installed using the DLC button on far right of the GT5 main menu (the same screen that contains the arcade button) Full instructions in link below..

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/store/

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
I've installed the DLC about 3 hours ago and I still get the same error.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whose_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
whose_online
Accepted Solution

Have you downloaded the FREE Family Pack from the store. That sometimes fixes DLC problems.

Also you could try downloading again from the account management screen.

If neither of those things work, then I'm afraid I've no more ideas. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
Sorry I've forgotten to give the details. All of the DLC packs except for the Racing Car Pack can be downloaded.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
And by the way, do you know the Gran Turismo Dev Team email address?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whose_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
whose_online
Accepted Solution

There is no email address for GT5. There is one for playstation store

help@uk.playstation.com

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your problem correctly.What does it say on the screen when you click on the DLC button. On my PS3 it says "Installed" against all the packs.

Have you tried using google, there's lots of hits. Another common problem is region, was your PS3 bought in the same region you are trying to download DLC from? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
I've bought the PS3 in Malaysia and it says the DLC is installed so I guess the problem is when I 've installed the DLC, I must stay online to access the DLC.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
Oh, and for your information, I'm a permanent resident in Malaysia
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

whose_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
whose_online
Accepted Solution

Malaysia is region 3. Is your GT5 game region3.

The DLC region and game have to match.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fazrool2000

39%
02 Rank
Progress
fazrool2000
Accepted Solution
I'm not sure what you're saying but how do I know the game is region 3?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel