12 Rank
Progress

OPC Racing Championship - Season 6

[ Edited ]
57 Replies 2,009 Views edited 12-10-2018
12 Oct 2018
By RenegadeXtreme

OPCRS6.jpg

Welcome everyone to Season 6 of the Official PlayStation Community Racing Championship.

Last season was eventful and fun. With some really close racing and some surprising but welcome results. Hopefully Season 6 will replicate the best of the previous seasons. With something for everyone. Fast, and slower cars. The return of tuning for the Feature races. And you'll have a teammate to share set-ups with. Season 6 will be a shorter than usual championship. With the festive season approaching. Hopefully this doesn't become hellish, for Hallowe'en this month.

As with all OPC events. The championship is open to all drivers of any skill level. Simple copy & paste the driver list below. And add your name to sign-up for the championship. Pop me a Friend Request on PSN if your not already on my Friends List. And you are good to go.

Teams will be announced during a live stream on Monday the 22nd of October.

Let's have a good championship.

Cars

• Feature Race - Honda RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 Gr.2
  • Sprint Race - Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V Gr.X

Lobby (Lobby opens at 20:00 UK Time. Feature Race starts 20:20 UK Time. 10mins practice for Sprint race following Feature race)

• OPC Racing

Race Schedule (F=Feature Race / S=Sprint Race)

Week 1 - 25th October 2018

• F - Fuji Speedway GT [05:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Fuji Speedway GT [17:15] 5 Laps

Week 2 - 1st November 2018

• F - Autodromo de Interlagos [09:15] 13 Laps
  • S - Autodromo de Interlagos [19:15] 5 Laps

Week 3 - 8th November 2018

• F - Autodromo Nazionale Monza [12:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Autodromo Nazionale Monza [19:30] 5 Laps

Week 4 - 15th November 2018

• F - Circuit de la Sarthe [07:00] 5 Laps
  • S - Red Bull Ring [18:15] 5 Laps

Week 5 - 22nd Novemver 2018

• F - Nurburgring GP [08:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Nurburgring GP [19:30] 4 laps

Week 6 - 29th November 2018

• F - Suzuka Circuit [07:45] 11 Laps
  • S - Suzuka Circuit [18:15] 4 Laps

Rules & Regulations

Spoiler

Race Settings

• Start Type - Feature = Grid Start with False Start Check / Sprint = Rolling Start
  • Grid Order - Feature = Fastest First / Sprint = Set by Host (Reverse Grid)
  • Boost - Off
  • Slipstream Strength - Real
  • Visible Damage - On
  • Mechanical Damage - Light
  • Tyre Wear - Feature = 6x / Sprint = OFF
  • Fuel Depletion - Feature = 4x / Sprint = OFF
  • Initial Fuel - Default
  • Grid Red. on Wet Track/Track Edges - Real

Regulation Settings

• Filter by Category - Feature = Gr.2 / Sprint = Gr.X
  • Balance of Performance - On
  • Maximum Tyre Rating - No Limit
  • Car Number Type - No Limit
  • Tuning - Feature = No Limit / Sprint = Prohibited
  • Kart Usage - Off

Penalty Settings

• Ghosting During Race - None
  • Shortcut Penalty - Strong
  • Wall Collision Penalty - Invalidate Time
  • Wall Collision Detection - Default
  • Side Contact penalty - On
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision - Off
  • Replace Cars When They Leave the Track - Off
  • Flag Rules - On
  • Ghost Lapped Cars - Off

Limit Driving Options

• Countersteering Assistance - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM) - No Limit
  • Driving Line Assist - No Limit
  • Traction Control - No Limit
  • ABS - No Limit
  • Auto-Drive - Prohibited

Points System

• 1st. 25
  • 2nd. 22
  • 3rd. 20
  • 4th. 18
  • 5th. 16
  • 6th. 14
  • 7th. 12
  • 8th. 10
  • 9th. 8
  • 10th 7
  • 11th. 6
  • 12th. 5
  • 13th. 4
  • 14th. 3
  • 15th. 2
  • 16th. 1

Additional Rules

• If you take part in Qualifying, and Disconnect during or before the Feature race for whatever reason. You will still be rewarded 1 point for the race.
  • If you DNF for the Feature or Sprint race, you will be rewarded 1 point only.
  • If you DNF the Feature race, you will start at the back of the grid for the Sprint race.
  • (Please don't make me enforce any other rules or penalties).

As with all racing. Please be respectful and fair to your fellow drivers. Both on and off the track. Any incidents on track should be settled on track with common courtesy. If you've unfairly gained a position. Do the right thing and give the position back. Most importantly, please have fun.

Don't forget, if missed out on one of the 16 places on the grid. You can still sign up as a reserve driver. And also join us for our weekly Community Night every Wednesday at 20:00 UK Time.

0 Kudos

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Oops! I'm a bit late with my race report and replays this week. 

I didn't have the best race-prep. Why? Because silly me was testing the wrong track. I didn't realise until Wednesday night that I had put the track down as GT and not the F layout which it should have been. But just stuck with the GT layout anyway. It didn't effect anyone but me I guess. So I couldn't run the race strategy I had planned. And I forgot about the lack of BoP option for the Sprint race. Thankfully Evil reminded me I could just limit the power to 211bhp. So remember that for testing.

Qualifying

Not the best session. First lap was a high 1:27. Which was a bout a second off my heavy fuel lap in practice. Second lap was better. Think it was a 1:27 flat. But still not into the 26's. Think I was over-driving the car. As I struggled with my next 2 attempts. Was purple in first few sectors. But kept messing up. Qualified 2nd.

Feature Race

I hadn't tweaked the first gear. So got the standard bogged down start off the line. Still better than the wheel-spin start. Kept the inside line covered for fast corner. And boom, I was off. Had to check my race replay to see what happened. Seems Windy took avoiding action across the crass. Hit my front which brought me to a stop. Resulting in Nac bumping me from behind, and Evil helping the car around. It was very odd, as I didn't feel the bump from behind. It was like really delayed contact. So I ket turning left out of the way of everyone. But was already well down in last place.

A few laps passed. Catching up to the back of windy baba and skells. Got passed skells at turn 4. Was in a bit of a sandwhich with baba and windy down through turn 5 toward next corner. Baba went wide, and I got Windt around outside of turn 7.

Other's started pitting end of lap 3. i went to lap 6 before stopping. Which wasn't the best idea. My tyres were gone on lap 6. And I was holding up Evil behind me who had an earlier spin. Came out the pits in 4th. Evil pitted a lap earlier. And I just got ahead of him. But I slid off at the second last corner. giving up the position. Struggled to hold on to Evil and his 1 lap fresher tyres. 4th place finish was the best I could do.

Sprint Race

Rolling start. No help from bob. All clean around first corner. Didn't have best exit and lost a few places. But got one back around 2nd corner. Made up another place when baba went wide on the long left hander. Passed skells the next lap and chased down Nac in the lead. I managed to carry a lot more spread through corner 2. So got the pass there. Held him off for next few corners. Then stretched out a lead the next few laps. Wasn't expecting the win here. But I'll happily take it.

Thanks for the races.

As a reminder. If doing any testing. Especially for Sprint race. Make sure when setting lobby, you limit the power to 211. Basically it's standard set-up. As you can't turn BoP on.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Evilcat69

91%
03 Rank
Progress
Evilcat69
Accepted Solution

All i can say is the 2&4 doesn't like the witches hatsflying.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

windywinder

79%
02 Rank
Progress
windywinder
Accepted Solution

Won’t be around tonight  going away when i finish work but I’ll be back next on next Thursday 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
windywinder
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the heads-up. See you next race.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

It's race days folks. See you on the grid later for fun at Interlagos.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

OPC Racing Championship - Season 6 Week 2 Results

OPC Champ main.png

Feature Race

1st. Tassie_tiger - 25 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 22 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 20 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 18 points

5th. skells22 - 16 points

Sprint Race

1st. Evilcat69 - 25 points

3rd. Tassie_tiger - 20 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 18 points

Championship Standings

Main Championship

1st. Tassie-tiger - 90 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 87 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 81 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 62 points

5th. skells22 - 58 points

6th. NAC72 - 44 points

7th. windywinder - 34 points

Feature Championship

1st. Tassie_tiger - 50 points

2nd. Evilcat69 - 40 points

==. RenegadeXtreme - 40 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 32 points

5th. skells22 - 28 points

6th. NAC72 - 22 points

7th. windywinder - 16 points

Sprint Championship

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 47 points

2nd. Evilcat69 - 41 points

3rd. Tassie_tiger - 40 points

4th. skells22 - 30 points

==.. babaoriley3 - 30 points

NAC72 - 22 points

windywinder - 18 points

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Quick race report from race 2.

Qualy went okay.

Thought I could probably find a better lap time, but pushed too hard so only myself to blame.

Nice work from @Evilcat69 to steal pole by 9/1000ths close to the end. 

I found the combo with car and track quite tricky and scary.

It didn't seem to like the kerbs at all, particularly using the throttle with one rear wheel on them, and it was very easy to turn the car around.

So it was a fairly conservative drive, concentrating mainly on trying to keep the car pointed in the right direction for the race distance.  

Got through without any major incidents, so I was happy with that.

I'm getting a little more used to the 2&4.

Still have no idea how to drive it properly, but it's good fun giving it a go.

Looking forward to trying Monza this week.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Oops! (again). Forgot I hadn't done report. Uploaded the replays on Friday too.  

Qualifying

Hadn't done any practice all week. So I stuck with default car set-up. Jumped on track just to figure out top speed so I can adjust the gearbox accordingly. Went back on track to attempt my pole lap. Just as I was about to start it. I didn't notice skells was getting rid of a penalty. And un-ghosted right in front of me. Oops! Quit out and started again. First lap wasn't great. I was losing a second in the final sector which was crazy as it's only the one corner. Second attempt was much better but could definitely be improved on. But I ran out of time to do another lap. So started third on the grid.

Feature Race

I got a good-ish start off the line. Evil didn't though. So swung left to avoid him and move up to second place behind Tassie. I tried to keep on to the back of him as much as I could. But I was struggling with the balance of the car and lack of downforce. And fell back a bit on the forth lap. Think everyone pitted at end of lap four. So I pushed on for a fifth lap. Tyres were gone. So by the time I pitted at end of lap five. Tassie had already caught up to me. And when I came out, I was back in third place. Four seconds behind evil.

I had a good middle stint, while I think Evil had a few mistakes as I managed to bridge the gap. Was hoping he was doing four laps in the middle stint. But he did the five laps. So we both pitted at end of lap nine. Struggled again with the lack of grip behind him on lap ten. But kept the car close enough around last corner to get a good run and pass him at first corner with two laps to go. It was fairly close for the next lap. Think Evil went deep at first corner on last lap. Which took the pressure off me and bring the car home for second place.

Sprint Race.

No help from Bob on the rolling start. Think Evil and Baba had a small bump around first corner. As they parted, I went through the middle of them. But didn't quite get past both of them. I had a very sideways moment at the left hander corner four(?) which allowed Tassie to slip through. Got skells later in the lap. And found myself on the outside of Tassie approaching the first corner. But I caught the grass on the outside under braking. Dropping me way behind in third.

It took me another lap to get a feel for the car. But once I did, I was flying. Quickly chasing down Tassie and Evil up front. Tassie had a moment on first corner. Think he did same as me, and ran off the track. I then chased down Evil. Trying to put the pressure on. I lined things up for the final straight on the last lap. But not enough slipstream generated from these cars. Just got pipped on the line. Good race.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokey019

96%
06 Rank
Progress
smokey019
Accepted Solution

Here I come.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

OPC Racing Championship - Season 6 - Week 3 Results

OPC Champ main.png

Feature Race

2nd. Evilcat69 - 22 points

3rd. RenegadeXtreme - 20 points

4th. windywinder - 18 points

6th. smokey019 - 14 points

Sprint Race

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 25 points

2nd. Tassie_tiger - 22 points

4th. windywinder - 18 points

5th. babaoriley3 - 16 points

6th. skells22 - 14 points

7th. smokey019 - 12 points

Championship Standings

Main Championship

1st. Tassie-tiger - 137 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 132 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 123 points

4th. skells22 - 88 points

5th. babaoriley3 - 78 points

6th. windywinder - 70 points

7th. NAC72 - 44 points

8th. smokey019 - 26 points

Feature Championship

1st. Tassie_tiger - 75 points

2nd. Evilcat69 - 62 points

==. RenegadeXtreme - 60 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 48 points

5th. skells22 - 44 points

6th. windywinder - 34 points

7th. NAC72 - 22 points

8th. smokey019 - 14 points

Sprint Championship

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 72 points

2nd. Tassie_tiger - 62 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 61 points

4th. skells22 - 44 points

5th. windywinder - 36 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 30 points

7th. NAC72 - 22 points

8th. smokey019 - 12 points

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Race Report Time 

Had a lil bit of practice before opening up the lobby so I was going in less blind than last week.

Qualifying.

Set out to do my first qualy run. But my wheel decided to stop working. So back in the pits and get that sorted and back out again. First lap was just ok. Tyres were looking really good so I tried to go for another lap on lap 3. But a recovering car blindsided me at the chicane. So nevermind that experiment (for now).

Next few attempts at a lap were better. But still off the sort of time I knew i could do. I was running out of time and couldn't get back in the pits for fresh tyres. So it was time to try this experiment. It was a scrappy lap. But I used all the curbs which was rather scary in this car. And somehow squeezed out a pole position by 0.3.

Feature Race

I had a really good reaction to the lights going out. But the engine bogged down so Tassie got the jump on me. Tried to hold it around first part of the chicane. But it didn't work out. Slipping in behind Tassie in second place. Immediately the car didn't feel right behind him. Struggling for grip every corner. Took too much curb through the right hander of Ascari. Tried to correct it but the car went straight on into the barrier. By the time I recovered I was now 5th and 21 seconds behind the leader. Recovery mode initiated.

The gap was big to the next car. But I was catching over the next few laps. Caught up to skells and passed him before second chicane. Everyone made a pit-stop at end of lap 5. With them coming out a few seconds up the road from me. Windy spun out at chicane which got me up to 3rd place. Where I then made my stop at end of lap 6. This is where I realised the fuel numbers didn't make sense. And I saw the race length was 10 laps and not 11 like it should have been. Hmmmmm.

4 laps of the race to go. Nothing too exciting going on. Evil was too far ahead to chase down and windy was too far back to be concerned about. I just had to keep the car on the road. Did catch up to lap a car on the last corner and got punted off. So I nearly lost 3rd place. A good recovery result I guess. But was hoping for 1st or 2nd.

Sprint Race

Starting in 5th place for this race. Had a lil help from bob and a good run down to the first corner. making a pass under braking. But got a tap from behind or the side which unsettled me. Then squeezed wide on the exit of the chicane. Putting me back to 7th place. Managed to squeeze by Tassie at the first Lesmo. Not sure what happened at Ascari, but there was a bit of a collision up ahead. And I found myself in 2nd place behind Evil.

Evil went off at the first Lesmo on lap 2. And I created a bit of a gap over Tassie behind me. But on the 3rd lap I went too deep at the second chicane which cost me some time. I knew I had some 51/52's in me. So I just needed to keep the gap. And I got a gap when Tassie went off at Ascari. Allowing me to ease the car home for the win.

Thanks for the races. i enjoyed them both. Even though I wish I could do the feature race again. Apologies for the lap count being wrong. Pretty sure I had it set at 11. It's something I double check because it's happened a few times before.

Cyaz next week at Circuit de la Sarthe and Red Bull Ring.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Quick race report from me.

Qualy wasn't too bad.

I put in a good first flying lap straight away, but I think that's as far as it went.

Pushing too hard and making the back-end wash-out, or picking up short-cut penalties through Ascari meant I didn't improve my time.

Nice run from @RenegadeXtreme to grab pole towards the end of qualy.

The race was okay.

Slight panic when I realised I should have TC set to 1 on the start line, but I got there just before the lights went out.

More wheel spin this time around when I switched TC off, but it seems that's still preferable to having the car bog down, so I got the run down to turn 1.

Ren was much better on the brakes heading into turn 1, so I tried to leave some space through the first chicane.

We both got through cleanly and were off and racing.

But then Ren had issues at Ascari, so I was able to take things a bit easier for the rest of the race.

Still had a couple of scary moments with the back-end and kerbs, but pretty smooth sailing.

The sprint race was good fun.

Starting to learn a few tricks with this car.

Things were going quite well, and then Ascari struck again.

I gathered the car up after a 360 degree whoopsie, and had quite a lonely drive from there to the finish line.

Looking froward to the challenge of La Sarthe next week.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

skells22

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
skells22
Accepted Solution

Have everyone updated to 1.30 yet? if not do it now or you will miss Le Mans and Red Bull ring

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

OPC Racing Championship Season 6 - Week 4 Results

OPC Champ main.png

Feature Race

3rd. windywinder - 20 points

4th. Evilcat69 - 18 points

5th. babaoriley3 - 16 points

6th. skells22 - 14 points

7th. smokey019 - 12 points

Sprint Race

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 25 points

2nd. windywinder - 22 points

4th. Tassie_tiger - 18 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 14 points

Championship Standings

Main Championship

1st. Tassie-tiger - 180 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 179 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 161 points

4th. skells22 - 118 points

5th. windywinder - 112 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 108 points

7th. NAC72 - 44 points

8th. smokey019 - 38 points

Feature Championship

1st. Tassie_tiger - 100 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 82 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 80 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 64 points

5th. skells22 - 58 points

6th. windywinder - 54 points

7th. smokey019 - 26 points

8th. NAC72 - 22 points

Sprint Championship

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 97 points

2nd. Evilcat69 - 81 points

3rd. Tassie_tiger - 80 points

4th. skells22 - 60 points

5th. windywinder - 58 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 44 points

7th. NAC72 - 22 points

8th. smokey019 - 12 points

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokey019

96%
06 Rank
Progress
smokey019
Accepted Solution

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Quick race report.

Qualy was okay.

Not many opportunities to get a lap time in.

Got a decent one in for the first flyer, then had an opportunity to get in one more.

Had an epic moment which I was hoping to save via the PS Share function, but I couldn't work it out before the race started so that one's gone forever now. Shame.  

The race was good.

La Sarthe isn't a track I do often, and I'm prone to making errors and spinning, or getting shortcut penalties.

And as usual I had a few decent scary moments during the race.

But kept it pointing in the right direction and didn't pickup any penalties, so I was happy with that.  

The Honda around the RedBull ring was good for a few laughs.

I blew it on the first lap spinning multiple times on the penultimate corner.

Every time I punched the throttle trying to encourage the car to go the right direction during my 'moment' it decided it didn't want to do that.  

So I was out the back and chasing for the rest of the race.

But good fun nevertheless.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel