12 Rank
Progress

OPC Racing Championship - Season 6

[ Edited ]
68 Replies 2,789 Views edited 12-10-2018
12 Oct 2018
By RenegadeXtreme

OPCRS6.jpg

Welcome everyone to Season 6 of the Official PlayStation Community Racing Championship.

Last season was eventful and fun. With some really close racing and some surprising but welcome results. Hopefully Season 6 will replicate the best of the previous seasons. With something for everyone. Fast, and slower cars. The return of tuning for the Feature races. And you'll have a teammate to share set-ups with. Season 6 will be a shorter than usual championship. With the festive season approaching. Hopefully this doesn't become hellish, for Hallowe'en this month.

As with all OPC events. The championship is open to all drivers of any skill level. Simple copy & paste the driver list below. And add your name to sign-up for the championship. Pop me a Friend Request on PSN if your not already on my Friends List. And you are good to go.

Teams will be announced during a live stream on Monday the 22nd of October.

Let's have a good championship.

Cars

• Feature Race - Honda RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 Gr.2
  • Sprint Race - Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V Gr.X

Lobby (Lobby opens at 20:00 UK Time. Feature Race starts 20:20 UK Time. 10mins practice for Sprint race following Feature race)

• OPC Racing

Race Schedule (F=Feature Race / S=Sprint Race)

Week 1 - 25th October 2018

• F - Fuji Speedway GT [05:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Fuji Speedway GT [17:15] 5 Laps

Week 2 - 1st November 2018

• F - Autodromo de Interlagos [09:15] 13 Laps
  • S - Autodromo de Interlagos [19:15] 5 Laps

Week 3 - 8th November 2018

• F - Autodromo Nazionale Monza [12:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Autodromo Nazionale Monza [19:30] 5 Laps

Week 4 - 15th November 2018

• F - Circuit de la Sarthe [07:00] 5 Laps
  • S - Red Bull Ring [18:15] 5 Laps

Week 5 - 22nd Novemver 2018

• F - Nurburgring GP [08:00] 11 Laps
  • S - Nurburgring GP [19:30] 4 laps

Week 6 - 29th November 2018

• F - Suzuka Circuit [07:45] 11 Laps
  • S - Suzuka Circuit [18:15] 4 Laps

Rules & Regulations

Spoiler

Race Settings

• Start Type - Feature = Grid Start with False Start Check / Sprint = Rolling Start
  • Grid Order - Feature = Fastest First / Sprint = Set by Host (Reverse Grid)
  • Boost - Off
  • Slipstream Strength - Real
  • Visible Damage - On
  • Mechanical Damage - Light
  • Tyre Wear - Feature = 6x / Sprint = OFF
  • Fuel Depletion - Feature = 4x / Sprint = OFF
  • Initial Fuel - Default
  • Grid Red. on Wet Track/Track Edges - Real

Regulation Settings

• Filter by Category - Feature = Gr.2 / Sprint = Gr.X
  • Balance of Performance - On
  • Maximum Tyre Rating - No Limit
  • Car Number Type - No Limit
  • Tuning - Feature = No Limit / Sprint = Prohibited
  • Kart Usage - Off

Penalty Settings

• Ghosting During Race - None
  • Shortcut Penalty - Strong
  • Wall Collision Penalty - Invalidate Time
  • Wall Collision Detection - Default
  • Side Contact penalty - On
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision - Off
  • Replace Cars When They Leave the Track - Off
  • Flag Rules - On
  • Ghost Lapped Cars - Off

Limit Driving Options

• Countersteering Assistance - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM) - No Limit
  • Driving Line Assist - No Limit
  • Traction Control - No Limit
  • ABS - No Limit
  • Auto-Drive - Prohibited

Points System

• 1st. 25
  • 2nd. 22
  • 3rd. 20
  • 4th. 18
  • 5th. 16
  • 6th. 14
  • 7th. 12
  • 8th. 10
  • 9th. 8
  • 10th 7
  • 11th. 6
  • 12th. 5
  • 13th. 4
  • 14th. 3
  • 15th. 2
  • 16th. 1

Additional Rules

• If you take part in Qualifying, and Disconnect during or before the Feature race for whatever reason. You will still be rewarded 1 point for the race.
  • If you DNF for the Feature or Sprint race, you will be rewarded 1 point only.
  • If you DNF the Feature race, you will start at the back of the grid for the Sprint race.
  • (Please don't make me enforce any other rules or penalties).

As with all racing. Please be respectful and fair to your fellow drivers. Both on and off the track. Any incidents on track should be settled on track with common courtesy. If you've unfairly gained a position. Do the right thing and give the position back. Most importantly, please have fun.

Don't forget, if missed out on one of the 16 places on the grid. You can still sign up as a reserve driver. And also join us for our weekly Community Night every Wednesday at 20:00 UK Time.

0 Kudos

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

My week 5 race report.............. 

Qualifying

First attempt at a qualifying lap was a good banker. It was still a second off what I did in practice with heavy fuel. But it gave me something to work on. My second attempt got interrupted by slower traffic. So I bailed on that one and popped some fresh tyres on.Managed to nail my final attempt. Did lose a few tenths in a sector. But it was a enough to put the car on pole.

Feature Race

Had some wheelspin at the start. But managed to control it enough to get away well. Tassie had the inside line for the first corner. But I managed to hold position around the out. And have the inside for next corner to go clear. And quickly pulled out a 4 second lead.

Think I pushed too hard or was over-driving the car as I was struggling with the car on laps 3 and 4. My original plan was to do a 1-stop and pit at end of lap 6. But the gap down to 2 seconds to Evil, and Tassie stopping on lap 3. I changed to a 2-stop and came in at end of lap 4.

Came out the pits still in the lead and maintained the gap over Evil with a much more controlled drive. Car feeling much better too. I then came in at end of lap 8 for my second and final stop. Was really confused to see I needed to refuel. As I could go 12 laps without refueling. Yet I could only do 10 in the race. Hmmmm.

I put in enough fuel for 4 laps, when there was only 3 laps left. D'oh!. Came out the pits and gap behind was still 2 seconds. But it wasn't Evil. It was Tassie. Evil had gone on for a 7 lap stint 1 stop strategy. And I was now 10 seconds behind. D'oh!. But with tyres that could do 3-4 seconds a lap quicker. There was still a chance. Buuuuuuuut I got a backmarker lap 9 which caused me a bit of time. I tried to pass them on the right, but they came right across the front of my car and took us both out. I was now 17 seconds behind in 3rd place.

I managed to get the gap down to 9 seconds over the next 2 laps. And as I came around the last corner. Tassie was slowing down to give me 2nd place. But I was having none of that. So we were stopping and going and reversing at the finish line. And I bumped him over  

Sprint Race

Rolling start. Starting in third place. Got a good run down to first corner. Out braking skells into first corner. Got a much better exit than smokey out of turn 4(?) to take the lead. Had a good lead over the next few laps. The win was mine. But then along came the final lap.

I turned in too early for the first corner. And skidded the car on the bump. Nearly spinning the car. Evil managed to take the lead. But I still had the inside for turn 2 as he ran wide. I held it around next corner and managed to get back into first place and have just enough gap relax a bit. But then I went too deep into the final chicane. Lost all my speed on the exit. I moved over to the inside for the last corner as I saw Evil coming up quick behind me. Then I lost sight of him as he ghosted from a penalty. And I just held on for the win. Eak!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokey019

97%
06 Rank
Progress
smokey019
Accepted Solution

Feature Race 

Sprint Race

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

skells22

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
skells22
Accepted Solution

Just a reminder we racing in Suzkua today

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

OPC Racing Championship Season 6 - Week 6 Results & Final Standing

OPC Champ main.png

Feature Race Results

1st. Tassie_tiger - 25 points

2nd. RenegadeXtreme - 22 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 20 points

4th. windywinder - 18 points

5th. babaoriley3 - 16 points

6th. skells22 - 14 points

7th. smokey019 - 12 points

Sprint Race Results

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 25 points

2nd. Evilcat69 - 22 points

3rd. windywinder - 20 points

4th. babaoriley3 - 18 points

5th. skells22 - 16 points

6th. Tassie_tiger - 14 points

7th. smokey019 - 12 points

Championship Standings

Main Championship

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 271 points - Season 6 Champion

2nd. Tassie-tiger - 261 points

3rd. Evilcat69 - 250 points

4th. skells22 - 184 points

5th. windywinder - 150 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 142 points

7th. smokey019 - 94 points

8th. NAC72 - 44 points

Feature Championship

1st. Tassie_tiger - 147 points - Feature Champion

2nd. Evilcat69 - 125 points

3rd. RenegadeXtreme - 124 points

4th. skells22 - 90 points

5th. babaoriley3 - 80 points

6th. windywinder - 72 points

7th. smokey019 - 54 points

8th. NAC72 - 22 points

Sprint Championship

1st. RenegadeXtreme - 147 points - Sprint Champion

2nd. Evilcat69 - 125 points

3rd. Tassie_tiger - 114 points

4th. skells22 - 94 points

5th. windywinder - 78 points

6th. babaoriley3 - 62 points

7th. smokey019 - 40 points

8th. NAC72 - 22 points

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Final race report of season 6 

Qualifying

Tweaked my Top Speed for my Gearbox. And off I went. First lap I just dipped into the 1:49's. Had no idea of that was any good. But knew I could go quicker. Then Tassie went 0.6 quicker. So that let me know I was in the ballpark. Went to pop fresh tyres on. But smacked the back end of the car against the pit entry. Wrecked my car and spawned me back on track on the racing line in front of Windy. oops!

Next attempt at a lap I caught slow traffic. Went wide around spoon as they were sideways. But I went too wide. Scrapped that lap and put new tyres on. Wasn't the perfect lap but I managed to get the car on pole. Didn't have enough time to put another set of tyres on so pushed on third lap on these tyres to better my time. Was purple but messed up second half of lap. Held on to pole position by the smallest of margins. 0.016?

Feature Race

Wheels were spinning off the line. Start was still ok. Well I thought it was until the engine bogged down and I see Windy come flying past all the way from 4th. He must have laid down a lot of rubber on the grid during qualifying 

I tried to hold it around the outside of first corner as you can take it flat it from standing start. But others braked and mt car got a lil unsettled and went too wide. Catching the astroturf. Rejoining the track in 6th. I quickly caught up to the back of baba and skells. Had a squeaky bum moment when skells braked hard through 130 R. I swung around baba. Slammed on brakes to avoid skells and the car was wobbling everywhere. We all managed to hold it together. Phew. Then i passed skells at the hairpin and settled into the race.

I was trying to save fuel as much as I could with short shifting. Tassie stopped end of lap 3 which bumped me up to 3rd place. I held the gap to windy and evil up front. They both stopped end of lap 5. I went a lap longer. But the tyres really fell off the cliff. Lost around 3 seconds with them all chasing me on fresh tyres. So I stopped end of lap 6. Surprised I still had to put lot's of fuel in.

Came out the puts in 4th place. Windy went off up the hill. So that was me up to 3rd. Skells was going really slow up the hill on the outside. But then he swung left and braked hard as I was about to pass. I had nowhere to go and knocked him off into the gravel. Tassie then stopped at end of lap and just came out in front of me. I tried to hold on to the gap as long as I could. But tyres dropped off on last lap.

I was gifted 2nd place when Evil had a spin while leading and had to make an extra stop for fuel.

Sprint Race

The final race of the season. Tassie was leading the championship by 1 point. I just had to finish the race in front of him. Reverse grid. So not let him past basically.

The race starts and everything just fell into place for me. Well, everyone fell off the track to be more accurate. Windy missed a gear at start. smokey went off first corner. skells had a wobble through the twisty s's. baba went wide at degner. And evil went off at first corner on next lap. I was now in first place and didn't look back.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Well that brings an end to this mini championship. It's been fun. Would have been better if there was more cars on track. But seems to be less interest when I try give everyone the settings they want 

Thanks everyone for the races. It's always great to race with you all. And chat with you too. I'll be posting details later today of a lil endurance race we can do to end the year on. That'll be happening on the 13th. Hopefully we can get a good grid for that.

See you on track again soon. And look out for details of all the plans we have for 2019.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel