New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.
- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.
- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.
- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.
- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;
- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;
- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;
- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);
- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.
We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.
The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)
The current penalty judgments take into account the following:
- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.
Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.
The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:
- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.
Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.
It's great to see that the penalty system is constantly evolving :) Dreaming about the day, when there are going to be no dive bombs :D :D :D
Thanks for the more detailed breakdown on the penalty adjustments
Thanks for the break-down of the major points in the penalty system.
All points seem reasonable to me.
And the future plans also sound promising.
At this early stage I would probably only question this rule:
"- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;"
I would have thought that the majority of incidents are from players missing their braking point or simply being too ambitious with what they perceive as an overtake opportunity, and colliding with the car infront.
In which circumstance a more severe penalty for the car behind would seem appropriate.
I understand people could abuse the system by brake-checking other players, but I would have thought the first situation would out-weigh the other.
Anyway, as I mentioned it's early days yet, and too early to make a judgement call.
It's great to see direct communication from people such as yourself here on the forum.
this just happened to me... 3 sec penalty for this little touch :/ B/S race
also I have this weird connection problem... now it works when I plug out/in the LAN cable while online save and it refreshes as normal... but I have to do it whole 2 times before time uploads and its really annoying :(
"In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty"
Hopefully something got lost in translation and it's the other way around. Can you confirm?
Seconded - see my comment below - this is a backwards step.
I mostly agree with the points raised above and look forward to seeing the improvements to the penalty system.
What I don't like is the issue caused by drivers slowing down on the racing line to serve penalties, it can cause carnage, especially on say lap 1.
Can the penalty not just be added to the total race time? That way people can still race and not have good battles ruined by someone having to serve the penalty.
Please keep up the good work, having a penalty system is good in principle but I find more often than not its ruining the actual wheel to wheel aspect of racing we all love to be part of
From the above > - No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);@steviea712
I did see that, I just hope it's implemented sooner rather than later. Too often on lap 1 the car in front will suddenly slam on the anchors whilst on the racing line to serve a penalty and I have nowhere to go... Race ruined before it's really started...@Matt_Taylor166
Yeah, that sucks. I've found the match-ups a lot better now my SR rating is S .@steviea712
My SR is mid level A, and I'm still experiencing issues like this more or less on a daily basis, it's so frustrating@Matt_Taylor166
I am glad that you are attempting to improve the penalty system. It has been extremely frustrating the last couple of weeks. I did not save replays but i have received clean race bonus but still get a negative SR hit.... WHY?? there have been a lot incidents where i have been penalized (wrongly in my opinion ) but none more frustrating than the clean race bonus/SR down.
I am just grateful for the breakdown of the rules and how they work. Thank you very much @teramoto_pd
Thank you for communicating with us and fixing some some problems with the penalty system.
So does this mean that you will no longer be penalising people as severely for intentionally punting from behind in the braking zone? Because that seems like a step closer to Forza for me and that is one of the reasons why I switched to GT Sport.
The new algorithm appears to be worst than before. After racing around the Nurburgring GP multiple times yesterday and this morning it would appear that even when getting hit from behind or being T-boned while trying to turn a corner I seem to be on the receiving end of a 5-second penalty - sometimes even a 10-second penalty? Surely if the front of an opponents car hits your door mid-corner, there is no way this can be the fault of the lead car?
In the very last race I had, at the chicane the opponent from behind hit my door mid-corner - I got a 5 second penalty, they got nothing and won the race.
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info