By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

546 Replies 25,812 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTS2218

69%
02 Rank
Progress
GTS2218
Accepted Solution

Penalty system just SUCKS... 5 races ago i had DR B and SR A, after 5 races were i encountered several rammers at Daily Race B on Monza i`m now at DR C and SR E... just *****

I was not ramming anyone just having my race and in all 5 races i was rammed and pushed out of the track and decline 10 to 12 positions... All 5 races i was starting 3rd... this is not fair and right, just please fix this FAULTY penalty system. 

Penalize the people who desirve to be penilized not someone who is driving normal and is rammed by some kid pushed into a wall and to be even more worse you get a penalty because you hit the wall...

A LOT of people don`t use radar and don`t know what it does...they just hit you and knock you out of the track or they try to do that. Last race a guy tryed to knock me out of the track 6 times and i managed to stand but i got penalized because the guy pushed me few times and made me cut corners.. and SR got down. Or someone just early braked me and SR got down and so on...

They should implement a warning system for light touches because now you get 3-5 sec penalty because you scrached a guy...people who run into you intentionaly they should be penalized. 

And a lot of people because they don`t use radar they are not aware of other players...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jianka1

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Jianka1
Accepted Solution

It would be fantastic if you can make visible to everyone  during the race,  maybe close to the current position, or under the name of the player over the car, ifvthe player has a penalty to serve and how much is the time to serve.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SvennoJ

90%
02 Rank
Progress
SvennoJ
Jianka1
Accepted Solution

Indeed. It would also be nice to have the DR ranking next to the name, whether the car behind you is DR.B(ump) or DR.A(void). At least as long as the penalties are different for different DR classes.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

anthonyfa18

30%
02 Rank
Progress
anthonyfa18
Accepted Solution

Hello polyphony digital, I have   Been playing Gran Turismo since PlayStation one days I was also a beta tester for GT sport but I am here now writing to you because We need a fix in GT sport mode penalty system, If that’s turned into a ridiculous and pointless racing game I have started a thread on the Gtr plan form I hope you read every single comment that people have posted there and do us a fix or else it’s the first time I will put down Gran Turismo sport

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-mode-need-a-penalty-fix-asap-please-polyphony-digita...

thanks you 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Baliwa27

90%
02 Rank
Progress
Baliwa27
Accepted Solution

Day by day I sure can adapt with current penalty system, but you guys need differentiate between bump and hit hell man get 3 seconds cause bump. Put it more precise yes I late brake but he absolutely safe and faster than ever 

Video on my twitter
https://twitter.com/baliwa27/status/987489868128243712

and another thing, please you guys didn't give some DR penalty for the people who get data loss or some disconnect from race. They guys different with quitter who run from race, I have been fall from A to B cause that thing and still not recover from that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Baliwa27
Accepted Solution

GT Sport can't distinguish between a disconnection through a bad network error and someone pulling the network cable out of the console, so network errors still make a rating hit.

Do what you can, such as use an Uninterruptible Power Supply, to ensure that your equipment stays connected.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NAC72

78%
05 Rank
Progress
NAC72
Accepted Solution

To whom it may concern

My DR rating was S I did the gr2 race around brands hatch today 13 laps out of 15 with no touches on anybody and my SR was green going up and up then on 2 laps I got T boned twice and my SR got absolutey smashed to bits I came out of the races with a C rating this is absoloutely ridiculous.

I spent a long time getting my rating up to S and within a few races get it smashed down to a C rating. This needs sorting ASAP. I just feel like putting the game down and not playing it again bacause of this PLEASE get it sorted it's not fair when muppets just smash you to bits and you get your SR destroyed

0 Kudos

photo nac72-3_zpsc5ebbd90.jpg
Racing Mad End Of !!!!
But no good at it !!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ansoncylam

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Ansoncylam
Accepted Solution

This system is pretty much the opposite of what it is supposed to be, most of the patch it is encouraging people to explore new moves wercking your opponent, and in this patch its's teaching you how to dive bomb in Verstappen style. And to make it worse you can lose an entire SR rank in a single race, when you were being bumped twice (NOT you hit someone twice!).

It's so pointless now to work your way up to S, desperatly maintaing it even by giving up positions, only to drop back to B in 2 races because you run into 2 careless players.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

djb212

52%
02 Rank
Progress
djb212
Accepted Solution

The penalties have made a great racing game into a Sunday drive. I find myself gingerly driving around the track, often in last place after being rear ended on the first corner. My Sportsmanship Rating drops from S to A to B in two races. No insurance company in the world blames the driver in front when the driver behind hits him in the rear. Why does GT Sport? The driver behind should not drive into the car in front, as simple as that. Penalise the guilty not the innocent. The game is no longer about winning, instead it is about keeping a clean licence. God help you if you stray into B because B = Bumper Cars. I just completed fastest lap only to be dropped back to 6th after the first corner. The game has become useless. The bumper car brigade continue to ruin it. I keep reporting the inconsiderate cheats but to what effect? I see no change. I can see this being the end of GT

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Beccosinho

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Beccosinho
Accepted Solution

This new sportsmanship system is almost designed to allow lower rating drivers to getting away with ramming. I'm S/S and got paired with some B/S drivers and got rear ended at least 10 times by the driver behind. I ended up with a 10 second penalty, they got nothing! Seriously PD, how are the lower ranked drivers supposed to learn etiquette, when you allow them to get away with ramming without a penalty. The penalty system should be the same for every driver regardless of their rank!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KooTheGaMer_

32%
02 Rank
Progress
KooTheGaMer_
Accepted Solution

Pls fix the penalty system i spinned out and cut the corner because of that and collided with the wall and i got a big penalty for that that isnt right and fair pls fix this

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

djb212

52%
02 Rank
Progress
djb212
Accepted Solution

I complained about the penalty system last night and I have woken up to a classification C D. Only a few races ago I was B S. I thought I would continue but no, hit from behind on the warm up lap and so it continued through the race. Now I am classified D E after quitting half way though because I was tired of childish collisions.

OK THIS IS NOW A CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT.. I EXPECT A REPLY.

THIS IS A NON FUNCTIONING RACING GAME.

IT IS NOT AS ADVERTISED AND IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

It’s getting to point we’re i feel the developer has abandoned and betrayed us,  I don’t want new tracks and cars in the update I want fixes for a penalty system that continually calls me a dirty driver when I get hit - 4 times by one driver in the last race I get hit - 8 seconds - please tell me what I did wrong - he hit me.    The game is unacceptable.

it is not wrong Polyphony for us to challenge you, it is wrong, for you to refuse to engage with us, to tell us how you are going to fix the problems you have created.

i don’t want cars and tracks, fix the game

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

87%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Penalties have definitely been changed for the better. Thanks! Last night, I did one Sport race and got plowed into from behind. That sent me into the Armco, but at least the other driver took a rating hit. I was busy, at the time, so I didn't see what kind of penalty that he got.

Now, cars with penalties have a label in red above the car. These drivers may be going slow, so try to avoid hitting them.

One thing that could be done, to make penalties more effective, is to disqualify drivers who cross the finish line on any lap with any remaining time on the clock, including the lap on which they received the penalty. Run down the clock now, *on this current lap*, or get removed and take a huge hit. Make the penalty system work for clean and careful drivers.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Nope. I got rammed 3 times at dragon trail. Because I managed to avoid the wall they got no penalty. Then I got a 10 second penalty for slight rubbing somebodies bumber on a straight, and a 10 sec penalty for hitting somebody who lost it at the exit of the bus stop.

It really needs to look at closing speed and what roughly the speed should be for that section of track. 

If somebody is going waaaay slower because they hit the wall (or it could even register that they've hit the wall before impact) then it shouldn't penalise the person going race speed who gets caught up in it. I could probably make a compilation on how bad some of it has been tonight. I've been racing really clean and getting punished for it.

My Sr just went from S to B in one race because the guy crashed in the bus stop in front of me. It's ridiculous. The rest of the race was clean

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

96%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

Worst thing is, I just went on to win the next race, clean race bonus, fastest lap, no offs contacts or corner cuts.... Still stays at B Sr 😡

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lenso_be

69%
02 Rank
Progress
lenso_be
Accepted Solution

Does not everyone get a clean race bonus after the race? 

Mayby in a perfect world.

GTS Stats

Driver Rating

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

The game is still utter *****, 15 seconds of penalties for being hit on 

Monza.  I don’t think the developer is serious about fixing anything because would have expected something like a step forward by now.   The face they creat a forum thread then abandon it says it allabout where they are at.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

One thing I have learned... you can be disqualified by driving the wrong way around a track but not for driving around running into people.   I believe people have races to max their penalties rather than win, ironically the game supports that fantastically well.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

djb212

52%
02 Rank
Progress
djb212
Accepted Solution

It seems ridiculous that the car inf ront should receive a more severe penalty.

If a driver wants to Vettel style brake test the driver behind then that driver can take avoiding action whereas the driver in front cannot. Do your programmers drive? I suggest you take them onto a race track for a day and let them experience the real thing. As somebody with a racing licence and some experience, the following should not incur a penalty:- 1. Rubbing two car together - this is normal racing and an occupational hazard. 2. Going off circuit - the driver has already lost postion and received a natural penalty (exception where lap time has improved). Car hitting you from behind - I am fed up of losing DR and SR from idiots who have no respect. Finally - this is the only game I have ever played that I do not know the rules. Publish a set of rules, Expain the loss of points and how it can occur because a lot of this is a mystery to me.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

djb212

52%
02 Rank
Progress
djb212
Accepted Solution

Several times I have run what I thought was clean race but no. Someone momentarily touched my bumper, inperceptable, no variation of the racing line, normal racing etiquette. Not for GT Sport. Sort this out. This game is HORRENDOUS. Worse still, it is elitist. Drivers with money, racing set ups, the latest chairs and controllers can excel whereas average drivers (and that is the majority of your customers) with hand held controllers are discarded with unfair penalties into the also rans. Only by reaching the upper echelons can you experience a fair race.

Still waiting for customer service to contact me!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel