By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

439 Replies 21,900 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
Hard-Core-Addict
Accepted Solution

I feel your frustration bud but threatening to shoot programmers is taking it a bit far. You might want to edit that post before you get in trouble. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ronin_GThayc

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Ronin_GThayc
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone who are posting in this thread about how they are gettin a bad press with the penalty system(I was the same)but what I found out on anther site(I would put a link but I'm to lazy for that,you could always type in"how to improve my driver rating in gt sport) explained a lot to me about how it all works and the best ways to improve your stats.this might help some that are finding it a bit of a pain with butt head drivers.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

codec_49

91%
02 Rank
Progress
codec_49
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your suggestion, @Ronin_GThayc. Using that search string, I've found two articles:

Both confirm, however, that you can get a penalty and reduction in SR if you other drivers hit you. And that is exactly what this thread is about: getting penalized for someone else's mistakes or intentional "fouls." If the only way to avoid such penalties is to stay out of other drivers' paths, then the whole point of a racing game is lost, no?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
codec_49
Accepted Solution

Thank you for this

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

93%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
codec_49
Accepted Solution

It is exactly like that. You can not prevent penalties and the associated grading of your SR rank. If someone rams you, you will be punished, whether you owe or not. I recently lost 28 SR points because another driver rammed me 5 times in a race. Nothing bad, I could keep my line but each time with significant punishment. Since I was punished much harder than the rammer the game has probably blamed me. Three cars fought for positions in front of me. That's why I often had to brake a little earlier and be more careful in the curves. That interpreted the program then as attempted brake test. Here is a big problem of the system. It always evaluates only individual events but not the racing situation as a whole. If it had understood the situation it would have noticed that I wanted to prevent accidents with the drivers in front of me. Instead, only the touches between me and the car behind were caught and because I was slower than normal, it was my fault. So you can be fair and do everything right and yet be massively punished.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

What made me laugh tonight in the GR2 daily race, leading into the last lap get punted off by the guy in 2nd who does get a penalty, I didn’t...  we race to the finish but he’s able to serve the time penalty before I cross the line - I lost by 0.157 seconds - in an fia race I’m sure I would have got the win but not here

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Welcome to Gran Turismo Sport bud... LOL 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

93%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Since you've been lucky. I have experienced such situations several times and often additionally got a penalty. Often the wrong ones are punished. But even if the right ones are punished, the amount of punishment is often wrong. As in your case, the damage to the victim is often greater than the punishment of the perpetrator.
Yesterday I was rammed by another driver. This pushed me off the street. So he past me and has received a second penalty. For leaving the street I got 2.8 seconds penalty. Where is the logic? He rams and gets a second and I lose a position and got 2.8 seconds. With such a system it is not surprising that so many drive unfairly. You will still be rewarded for your behavior by the game. I do not understand how the designers can use such a system.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Technologic141

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Technologic141
Accepted Solution

Penalty is becoming weirder and weirder. I played four GR.3 races with only smal hits (small hits what affected nothing) and game punish noone. We all was SP rank S and it was best races what i was played so far. Excelent behavior
from other players and game ignoring small hits (still punished players who cut the track).
Then i switch to GR.2 and hell become.

1) His mistake = still my fault
2) ***** tactics since blitzkrieg = promoted

Made a list of punishments not just video about it.
We need to see full list of penalty rules, for example.:
Light corner cut = 2 sec
High corner cut = 5 sec
Light line blocking= SP drop + 2 sec
High line blocking= Bigger SP drop + 4 sec
etc.

There is still good moments with excelent penalty decision like this:
https://youtu.be/bCZGb1LU3k0
My fault but i waited until he was back on his position. Penalty seems not to be triggered

Promoting good sportmanship is best way for everyone

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
Accepted Solution

Not sure about this one. I made very slight contact with the Veyron in front but it didn't impede him in any way. I had the inside line and already started braking well in advance, when he cut in front on to my line. He was already cutting curb 'legally' like everyone does there but it seems as if the system mistakenly interpreted that as a 'being forced off track' incident for which I received a 2 second penalty and negative SR.

1:22 is in TV camera mode.

1:52 is from the POV of the Veyron I hit.

Right or wrong?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
Accepted Solution

A pair of idiots battling prior to the second chicane on Monza behind me. Both completely under-brake and shoot off the track ahead not before grazing me. As usual, I somehow get the 2 second penalty and negative SR.

0:49 Then Just ahead, I run off track and come back on. Same car as earlier again coming at speed but with plenty of space to overtake me, slightly grazes 'into' me again and gives me yet another 2 second penalty and negative SR!

Enough is enough now so this is my very final video. I'm getting bored of doing these things when they should have their own dedicated people to check for problems like this prior to release. Not only that but the devs don't seem to be communicating to anyone on here with any news or updates. So I'm guessing they're quietly fobbing this game off after 8 months and beginning work on Gran Turismo 7.

So I've decided to put the game back on the shelf for a bit at least until the penalty system is fixed. It's no fun playing any kind of game where the rules and penalties are so inconsistent and blatantly work against you.

I really need to remember to stop pre-ordering games! I never learn. lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

93%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Marv78UK
Accepted Solution

Welcome to GT Sport. I can not count how many times I got rammed and got punished. Yes, there are idiots who deliberately slow down in front of others to punish them. And there are enough idiots who even drive zigzag on the straight so that nobody overtakes them. That's why the penalties have been introduced for those who are hit from behind. But this shot goes backwards. Now fair drivers are punished because others ram them from behind or use them as a brake block. Instead of improving the system and really recognizing the guilty ones, the developers have simply introduced penalties for everyone. Now it makes no sense to drive fair and clean anymore, as any over-motivated idiot can destroy your race.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ogg-Meister

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Ogg-Meister
Accepted Solution

Please please please fix the penalty system further.  The last 3 sport races in a row I have been in the hunt for a podium finish and I have been taken out by another player.  I lose 20-30 seconds worth of time whilst the perpetrator loses only 3-5.  Not fair whatsoever.

I also just had a situation of making slight mistake and trying my best to get back on track and then I get slammed with a 5 second penalty and a poor sportsmanship rating.  Surely the mistake is punishment enough and then I get a further time penalty and a poor sportsmanship ratimg to add insult to injury.

It's incredibly frustrating!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cromulentmart

82%
02 Rank
Progress
Cromulentmart
Ogg-Meister
Accepted Solution

It's soooo frustrating. 

Last night in two consecutive races I was pushed off the track. Neither were my fault but in both cases I spun and was in last position for the rest of the race. I have no idea whether the other driver was penalised, but in reality it makes no difference, as my race was over in the second lap of an 8 lap race.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

93%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Cromulentmart
Accepted Solution

Yes, the rammed usually always has the bigger damage. This would be quite easy to solve. If someone pushes another off the track, he should be slowed down until the victim overtakes him. This would ensure that the rammer has no advantage. Because of me you can slow the causer for another 5 seconds so that he is not right behind his victim. Otherwise, it could be that he rammed the other driver in the next turn again.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

11 Pages here now....

@teramoto_pd

Any chance of updating us with current information??

Would be nice to know what PD are doing about the many problems that people from these 11 pages are facing whilst playing.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SanRafael037

58%
02 Rank
Progress
SanRafael037
Accepted Solution

Eu sou muito insatisfeito com o sistema de penalidades. 

Do meu ponto de vista muitos jogadores se beneficiam de uma penalidade Pouco severa tirando propositalmente outros jogadores da pista, como batidas na traseira ou forte batida lateral antes de uma curva jogando outro competidor para fora e isso ganha apenas 3 segundos de punição enquanto outro jogador perde muitas posições. Muitas outras vezes em uma reta lado a lado o jogador da multiplas batidas laterais tirando o adversário da pista e nem punição recebe. Acho que as punições deveriam ser muito mais severas como a desclassificação em muitos casos, assim os jogadores sujos teriam bastante a perder e pensariam muito mais antes de atrapalhar a corrida do outro.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrddevil

88%
02 Rank
Progress
mrddevil
Accepted Solution

yesterday i drive on interlagos and after a few touches with other cars i have 15 second penalty, and 1 lap for the end of the race the penalty counter was going every second up without i was doing something wrong until i stop driving. i was stop driving at 35 seconds on the clock, very strange. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marv78UK

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Marv78UK
mrddevil
Accepted Solution

Because once you get to 15 or 16 seconds worth of penalties, the game adds more seconds in an effort to force you to slow down and take your punishment there and then rather than waiting until the finish line to cash them in like most people do.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

It’s interesting, I’ve been watching Le Mans live on the TV, the drivers regularly ride the Kerbs through each of the last 2 chicanes, and it shocked me, no one is getting a time penalty.   There have been warnings over breaking track limits but no penalties issued

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

93%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Just now in Alsace, the same happened to me twice. I drive two clean races and avoid collisions. Both times I'm rammed in clean overtaking maneuvers and get time penalties and a total of 15 SR points deduction. In the first race the other one just rams me in the side as I am next to him. We were next to each other and he suddenly pulls in my direction. Why does the system not recognize the intentional attempt to ram me here? At the second race I was already over and he rammed me in the next corner to the rear. The rammers have also received penalties. But 15 SR points deduction for touches that were not my fault are tough.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel