By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

546 Replies 25,739 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
neomoppy
Accepted Solution

I'm currently driving with a Sports Rating of S and the races have been very civilised with hardly any problems amongst the other 'S' drivers.  I'm hardly hit by other drivers, and if they do..  it's by accident with an out of shape car.

If you start at the back..  Your Driving Rating will probably drop a little bit but the Sportsmanship Rating should increase a little...   Personally, I think the Sportsmanship Rating is the one to aim to get high...  just that little bit more respect on track.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I've been SR S. for months. Yes, most riders are clean and fair. There were also some unfair or over-motivated drivers in SR S. Exactly these drivers are now responsible for the fact that I am no longer SR S. I have described some of the cases here. I'm trying to get back to SR S right now. But instead I dropped from C to D The system is just a joke. An aggressive driver divebombs me and I get 5 seconds penalty and lose 9 SR points. Since I want to improve my SR I drive really careful and fair but what should I do about it? What should I do if others ram me and I get the punishment and they do not get any? The problem is the completely nonsensical punishments in which perpetrators get away unscathed and victims are punished.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

The Penalty System can be unfair...   yup

Why not instead of giving yourself a headache...   race..   Forget about the problems, put a car on track and play...   I'm not going to worry if someone want to play dirty...  I'll finish the race and play again regardless of their actions.

Yes... it can be frustrating at times, but it's all out of our hands...   all we can do is report the problems back to PD.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Basically you are right. But through the gradations, I am now in a downward spiral. The deeper I sink the more unfair drivers are around me and the harder it will be to recover from it. I have now dropped from C to D and will probably have more chaotics around me in the next race. Especially at the start of the race you can not do anything when others try to win the race in the first turn. I have experienced this myself many times. Sometimes I do not know where the touches came from, just trying to keep the car on the street and seen the time penalties went up. I would accept that if it was my fault but it is extremely depressing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

96%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Just battle on.. 

Choose the races that reap rewards..

Any Track like Blue Moon is going to damage your Ratings, stay well away from those.

The best Track to aid your Ratings will be the Daily C race.

You can do well on these...  

I've just started 17th, dropped to last on the 1st lap and made my stop the next lap..  that way you can put your foot down in clear open track.. as they are fighting for positions, they are running slower...  when they make their stop, you are quite a distance in front when they come out...   from last place on Lap 1..  I finished 3rd after the 8 Laps.

1st corner Carnage ...   hold back and pick your way through the wreckage, will take them a while to get going again and you are gone into the distance.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

In my disqualification, I did not do anything wrong. In the second lap the driver behind me divebombed me. For this I got 5 seconds penalty. A few turns later he made a mistake leaving the road and I was able to overtake him again. There was no contact. But then he was behind me again. He has touched me again and again easily and has stung into every little gap. I then got the warning, made way on the straight and slowed down a bit so he could overtake. Just when he was next to me, he suddenly pulled in my direction and rammed me. BAM and I disqualified. Maybe he thought I want to take my revenge and just let him pass to ram him then. But I did not intend to do that and that does not give him the right to ram me again. If he really believed I was going to trap him to ram him then it just shows how those riders think. With drivers with such an attitude, no clean races are possible. So what did I do wrong? The other driver was very aggressive and over-motivated. He had at least as many touches as me and has at least once left the track. Why does the system punish me? Why am I getting a time penalty if someone divebombed me? Why am I disqualified because this driver is always intentionally touching and ramming me?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

neomoppy

47%
02 Rank
Progress
neomoppy
Accepted Solution

Not too fussed about dr level.  Beginning of month I was sr s. Never before September had I seen the warning .But had a couple of sloppy races and I drop down to sr d. And in a few races either got disqualified or seen warning. Really annoying. On a side note the race last night had damage switched on, could only repair in pits. Think they should do more of this.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

88%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
neomoppy
Accepted Solution

Agree on the damage. Once the fools and sploiters have realized that ramming will not get them any advantage anymore, they will stop either ramming our online racing in total. Then we just need to take care of trolls who just enter the race to ruin the fun of others.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

INK-_-SLINGER

24%
02 Rank
Progress
INK-_-SLINGER
Accepted Solution

So I'm a very clean driver. That in mind, this week I've been getting hit by dirty drivers and i get disqualified from the race from a hit on me from behind because someone doesn't know how to brake. Today i joined race "C" in daily races. As soon as the race starts, without any contact. A message saying the next collision will disqualify me. A car barely taps my rear quarter panal and im disqualified. *****. Game is ruined for me now.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
INK-_-SLINGER
Accepted Solution

You are not the only one who is so. Read what I wrote in the last few days. I am always a very fair driver and have been SR S for months. This week they have tightened the penalties and I fell from S to D without fault because other driver hit me. The system is totally broken penalizes the fair drivers and rewards the rammer and dive bomber.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mojitomarc

24%
02 Rank
Progress
mojitomarc
Accepted Solution

@ Neomoppy,

This could be the case. but I did not even touch any other cars before that moment. then 1 time they hit me and then straight away a warning then they hit me again and I am disquilified. It seems to me it is more like a bug in the system that needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

I was wondering why the rider I mentioned yesterday dive bombed me first and then rammed me into the wall. So I contacted him and he actually responded. He also had too many touches in the race and wanted to avoid further contact with me. That's why he rammed me into the wall. With that I was out of the race and he could finish his without any further touches. The contact has opened me a completely different way of thinking. Basically, it is logical: if you can not prevent touches by drivers around you then you have to make sure that there are no other drivers around you. This can be achieved by making sure that other drivers get punished and lose a lot of time. You can achieve this without your own punishment by using the tricks that I explained a few weeks ago. Now I understand why some drivers behave this way. This is antisocial but it makes sense in a selfish way. Since I'm currently SR D and therefore surrounded by many chaotics I'm just trying it out now. Even if it should go wrong, I can not fall far deeper. The tricks how to ram without being punished I still know.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
bkog234
Accepted Solution

It works. I drove 3 races in SR D now and improved on C. I do not feel sorry for the other drivers in D. It's just extreme how they drive there. If you do not keep the others out of the way, then they'll drive you away. Just one example: I was on P4 in the last lap and the three riders in front of me all had time penalties. Shortly before the finish line, they made slow to reduce the penalty. As soon as I arrived, they accelerated again and tried to ram me into the wall. With P3 I could narrowly avoid the collision but P2 got me. Who drives fair in SR D is just a victim. Now I'm SR C and I do not know how to continue. Should I continue to ram or try fair? In DR C, the drivers are a bit fairer and I do not want to harm fair drivers.
But for me that proves once again that the system does not work as it should. Such a driving style should be punished rather than rewarded. It also scares me that the tricks for ramming of others without punishment still work. These tricks have been working since the game was released and will not be fixed. Ok, I did not manage brake tests. Either they have really improved something or my timing is not right or I have tried it in the wrong places. But divebombing and ramming on the straight works without being penalized. Only the developers can change that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

88%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Pick the longer races whenever available. The more sectors you pass, the more often an "up" in SR for a clean sector can be calculated by the judgement AI. You'll need less races to rank up again.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
MokoKurukaze
Accepted Solution

I drove the long race today. The result of it you can read below.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

88%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Of course that only works if you stay clear of trouble ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

The game confuses me... just played daily race on the bowl... first corner, car in front brakes early, I hit him 5 seconds, my traction control is set at 1 even though I’d switched it to 2 in warm up so thought I’d start the race with 2,   Spinning wheels hit the wall - 5 seconds, spinning wheels lots another 5 - 15 seconds by time I get going.   Let them all draw down and start going again, 31 sec behind leaders.

finish race - gone from D D to D C

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Yes it is strange that the settings from the warmup are not taken over for the race. I have deliberately set the car in the warmup on low gas consumption because I wanted to run through the race without a stop. At the start I used the radar because I wanted to avoid extra collisions in the first round. This also worked, but I did not see that the engine was again set to maximum power and thus maximum consumption. Only in the third round did I notice that my consumption was too high but then I could not finish the race without a stop and my whole strategy was destroyed.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

In SR C is driven just as aggressive and dirty as in D. Yesterday I went to Weekly Race C to see how in SR C is driven. Already in the first curves the usual ram and shove. But I got away without punishment. The blast then came after the pit stop. I tanked at the middle of the race and changed the tires. When I am then a round later on the straight I see two cars coming out of the box. They probably tanked later to have better tires at the end. OK, so I drive the left turn after the straight on the outside to let the drivers who came out of the box room on the inside. On the outer line you lose some time but I wanted to ride fair and leave room. But it does not work, one of the other vehicles rams me and I pop into the wall. Both cars are over and I get 5 seconds penalty. The rammer will not be punished. At the end of the race I had 9 SR points deducted and was again D. In the replay, I then saw that the driver has already braked for the curve. Then he saw me on the outside and accelerated once more and rammed me. Just before the touch, he put the steering straight and went from the gas. So he deliberately accelerated once again and then used the familiar trick. That was 100% intentional. It is completely pointless to be fair against such drivers. As long as there are the tricks and glitches they are also exploited. It's just like the other rammer wrote me. You have to ram the other ramers before they ram you. This is self-justice and destroys the race but what do you want to do as a player if the developers do not eliminate the long known and often exploited tricks?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

97%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Weekly Race A in Monza is completely broken. Many players simply drive straight at the Chicanes. In the first (actually second because the first is not driven in the race) chicane is simply driven straight between the two barriers. In the second one is simply driven through the gravel. This brings a total of 4 seconds. Just have a look at the qualifying rounds of the fastest 10 riders. After the Red Bull track so again a track with broken track limits. In the race, I was rammed by one of the drivers who had shortened the track in this way. For me that was 5 seconds penalty. In that case, I even understand why. The other driver was at the time of ramming still with the rear wheels off the track. So the penalty system registers a collision and one of the drivers partly outside the track. So the other driver automatically gets a penalty. That other driver was me then. This is another good example of how broken the game is. An error in the track limits causes the next error with the collision and the wrong penalty. And the developers are surprised when fewer and fewer players want to play their game.
Please take a look at the qualification rounds and write me what you think about the track limits on this track.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Baliwa27

90%
02 Rank
Progress
Baliwa27
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Weekly Race A in Monza is completely broken. Many players simply drive straight at the Chicanes. In the first (actually second because the first is not driven in the race) chicane is simply driven straight between the two barriers.

wait isn't this week is Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane? So they right on stairght in chicane? 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel